Fury of Brexit 'inferno' lays bare a divided United Kingdom

snoop1130

21 hours ago, Forethat said:

May I ask: what would you do if (I say IF) Leave won again?

It wouldn't matter if 99% voted leave...i have a conviction and you can't vote the world flat.

If 52% voted to legalise pedophilia, would you accept that?

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

How sick the remainers have become, desperate almost, comparing Brexit to Paedophilia, we voted to leave, accept it and move on, if BJ does not take us out Farage will,

BTW the worlds not flat

How typical of a leaver, being unable to understand a simple 4 line post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, nkg said:

Only 34.73% voted to remain, so they can move to France or Germany ????

I'm not a "leaver" or a "remainer", but if you are going to use statistics and percentages, try to use a little intellectual honesty in the process.

To clarify:

37.48% voted leave, 34.73% voted for remain, 27.79% of the electorate didn’t vote

Remain is the existing condition, it's those who want to leave that are seeking change. And there are only 37% of them, so off they go, leave the majority here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yorkshire is three counties. They don't have capitals they have county towns. Leeds is in the West Riding of Yorkshire. Wakefield is the county town of the West Riding of Yorkshire.

I met a lovely girl when I worked in Africa. When our contracts finished I would visit her in Leeds. She would educate me on the different 'ridings'. From her bedroom you could see the Elland Road Stadium.

That was way before Brexit came on the scene. If I had her phone number. I'd call her and ask her which way she voted. I'm sure she would have voted to leave though. I miss her.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I met a lovely girl when I worked in Africa. When our contracts finished I would visit her in Leeds. She would educate me on the different 'ridings'. From her bedroom you could see the Elland Road Stadium.

That was way before Brexit came on the scene. If I had her phone number. I'd call her and ask her which way she voted. I'm sure she would have voted to leave though. I miss her.

lovely story. I have a similar story myself, about a Nigerian lady in Saigon.

"Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".

Agree that your friend would have probably voted leave. She wouldn't want the competition from those Romanian girls, would she! Besides after all this time in Yorkshire, she's probably caught the Yorkshire desease, rampant racism!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

lovely story. I have a similar story myself, about a Nigerian lady in Saigon.

"Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".

Agree that your friend would have probably voted leave. She wouldn't want the competition from those Romanian girls, would she! Besides after all this time in Yorkshire, she's probably caught the Yorkshire desease, rampant racism!

Thanks for that reply Danny. My friend's father was from Jamaica, but she was born in England. I've not been to Leeds for nearly 20 years. Nice place then. Capital of the north! Lets hope their footy team can make it into the EPL soon.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

And this is the direction the divisive language on brexit has created.

A serving British Army soldier is under investigation after abusing an MP and threatening “civil war” over Brexit.

Daniel Goshawk called Labour’s Angela Rayner a “stupid b****”, adding: “C***s like you will perish when civil war comes and it’s coming. 17.4 million people are gunning for blood if we don’t leave.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/daniel-goshawk-soldier-brexit-civil-war-mp-angela-rayner-a9123921.html

A far-right activist and Brexit supporter has been jailed for inciting racial hatred at a series of marches where he branded immigrants and refugees as rapists.

William “Billy” Charlton spoke alongside Tommy Robinson at one of the Sunderland rallies, which were linked to an attack on two Asian men, vandalism and other hate crimes in the area.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/billy-charlton-sunderland-justice-rape-campaign-tommy-robinson-brexit-a9123376.html

There are probably the same nutters in the remain camp that may keep quiet eh...?

It has been my life experience that folk who talk threats are exactly that, talkers...You should worry about the quiet ones...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Thanks for that reply Danny. My friend's father was from Jamaica, but she was born in England. I've not been to Leeds for nearly 20 years. Nice place then. Capital of the north! Lets hope their footy team can make it into the EPL soon.

My wife is from Leeds and prior to retiring to Thailand, used to visit often. great town centre. Kirkgate market should be listed. The finest market in the country.

However, I was raised and went to school in a Yorkshire pit village. My father was openly referred to as "the dirty foreigner" and I was refered to, at school, as "the son of the dirty foreigner". The most racist people I've ever come across. They eventually drove us out and the family returned to Lancashire, where we never again were subject to racist abuse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

There are probably the same nutters in the remain camp that may keep quiet eh...?

It has been my life experience that folk who talk threats are exactly that, talkers...You should worry about the quiet ones...

So you agree the language has incited the "nutters".