ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how many of the people here who "know" the police won't help have any personal experience with the Thai police.

I know they have the reputation to be corrupt and some prominent cases in the press leave little doubt about that.

But somehow I find it hard to believe the police is always bad news for foreigners.

How many people here have personal experience with the police? And how much of that information if from some guy somewhere in a bar or online?

I must agree. I think a lot of it is people reading BS and repeating the BS to make them look smart.

In my case, many years ago, did a stupid thing while drunk. 

The Thai Cops asked me what happened.

There is no witness, so I could have easily BS'd, lied, blamed someone else, but i did tell them the truth anyway.

The result, could have got charged for a few things, but cops say just pay 5k to the person for damages i caused and go home and dont do it again.

It was probably more like 2k damages but i was very happy with that.

GF at the time later tell me, the cop say if i had lied they would have thrown the book at me for drink riding and more but because i told that truth and was sorry they let me off a bit easy. 

so my experience of them was pretty fair to be honest but its a long time ago, in a quite area of Prachuap K.K. 

pretty sure not get away with it today!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What a stupid comment!

Doing that is the perfect way to get arrested and get thrown into jail - in any country.

Get thrown in jail for taking back your personal belongings?? And you call me stupid. I can't beleive I actually read that.

Edited by Khon Kaen Jeff

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

Also had good experiences with the cops most of these tough guys here just repeat what they read. 

Personally I just sort it out with the cops. I wonder what made the GF turn crazy. Some are crazy to begin with others just used by guys and get angry. 

I prefer being a pussy and within the law then open myself up for all kinds of nasty stuff.

Going to take your personal belongings is NOT outside the law. 

3 hours ago, ExpatLife said:

I really need the iMac as it has so many contacts and work related stuff on

First thing you have to do is getting another laptop and change ALL of your passwords for important accounts, especially your Apple ID. If you have an iPhone as registered device, you will be good to get your password changed.

Log on to icloud, check what contacts and other data has been synchronized over the years. 

For sure you have some accounts in the cloud to recover passwords, i.e. gmail ... work with that.

At least mitigate the risk, in case your imac falls into wrong hands. 

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

She would probably settle for 20 - 30K. 80 K is an ambit claim.

I've always found in negotiating cash on the table in front of someone is quite hard to resist.

Am i missing something here, why should he give her anything?

I suggest giving her SFA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Going to take your personal belongings is NOT outside the law. 

Depends a bit how you do it if it requires breaking and entering or beating someone up like was suggested id say its against the law.

If it means getting some cops to help you or to negotiate with the GF then no not really a problem. We are just getting one side of the story, there might be a valid reason why she wants some money. There might also not be a valid reason who knows but best things is just to have some cops. 

It will cost a bit but things will be settled. 

I know there are bat <deleted> crazy girls out there.. I met one.. (after that never again first signs id look on). But seems that many guys find those crazy girls and never learn.

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

She would probably settle for 20 - 30K. 80 K is an ambit claim.

I've always found in negotiating cash on the table in front of someone is quite hard to resist.

Why should OP pay her for stuff that belongs to him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedPill said:

First thing you have to do is getting another laptop and change ALL of your passwords for important accounts, especially your Apple ID.

Log on to icloud, check what contacts and other data has been synchronized over the years. 

For sure you have some accounts in the cloud to recover passwords, i.e. gmail ... work with that.

At least mitigate the risk, in case your imac falls into wrong hands. 

It's surprising that a lot of people come on here and complain about the cost of things and how they're strugging due to EX rate but many would walk away from their items.....

You suggest buying a new laptop, just like that...... for some of the old crispy brigade that's a months living expenses...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Depends a bit how you do it if it requires breaking and entering or beating someone up like was suggested id say its against the law.

If it means getting some cops to help you or to negotiate with the GF then no not really a problem. We are just getting one side of the story, there might be a valid reason why she wants some money. There might also not be a valid reason who knows but best things is just to have some cops. 

I know there are bat <deleted> crazy girls out there.. I met one.. (after that never again first signs id look on). But seems that many guys find those crazy girls and never learn.

Why should it cost anything?

1 minute ago, robblok said:

The point is he has every right to go and claim what is rightfully his, the fella lived in the house so i'd hardly call it breaking in (bit dramatic don't you think) and it's  only rented so not even the gf owns the place anyway. Ridiculous to suggest he would be breaking the law.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

It's surprising that a lot of people come on here and complain about the cost of things and how they're strugging due to EX rate but many would walk away from their items.....

You suggest buying a new laptop, just like that...... for some of the old crispy brigade that's a months living expenses...

No, you didn't understand. I did not say walk away and also not to buy a laptop. I said get one ... to start working protecting your online data.

I said, protect your online data, change all passwords, see what you can recover.

What ever happens later, I did not say anything about that. He might get his imac back, ok, but at least protect your data and access to accounts as much as possible in the MEANTIME (sorry to write this in capitals), just to get the point across.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Also had good experiences with the cops most of these tough guys here just repeat what they read. 

Personally I just sort it out with the cops. I wonder what made the GF turn crazy. Some are crazy to begin with others just used by guys and get angry. 

I prefer being a pussy and within the law then open myself up for all kinds of nasty stuff.

Thats some smart advice to go by.

my bad gf experiences usually me or her is a little drunk and neither are not handling the scene very smartly..

sometimes me used to be stirring the pot and giving her some of her medicine but you cannot do that with Thai like you did with western women..no way! 

With Thai lady, even she locked you out of your house several times before, and you do it one time to get back at her she will go absolutely nuts!

they are the lessons you learn.

you cannot being hung up on being "right" with them because Thais are always right and never can admit to no wrong

no matter if its black and white you tell them they are wrong and they very well know they are wrong, yet they only just get into an angrier rage! 

Anyway i think if this guys GF turned crazy, it must be a reaction from something he did

cause they dont just suddenly turn crazy for no reason.

Whatever minor thing or decision he did make probably could be accept by a western woman with a little sulk or a few hours of a "silent treatment"

but of course most times the Thai gf reaction to anything minor is WAY over the top of what should be normal!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I could well believe that it could happen here. Just a few words from the ex to the coppers and he'd be in the clink faster than you can say Jiminy Cricket.

you know what's up, she even has said to me that if I see her again or try and get my camera back, she can make huge problems for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Happy to hear that. Good you got the iMac back. All the best going forward!

First thing, buy a 1TB USB drive at Lazada to back up, or enable iCloud backups ????

Thanks a lot and I will take your advice after I get some shuteye, My plan was to wake early, to the police and head to the house when she was asleep, and thus not able to plan and plot lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpatLife said:

I have my passport but my bankbook is in the house

then if you aren't allowed in the house and your banking book is in there, there are grounds to assume it is stolen. Same with iMac. PLace a report at the Mueang police station claiming the items have been stolen. Also contazct your bank and to report the stolen item.

That should get negotiations started.

• Like 1