United Nations General Assembly chairman admires Thailand’s role on international stage

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has fulfilled its role as ASEAN chair during the United Nations General Assembly by pushing for a high-level plenary session on universal health care coverage.

My son told me about him taking credit for the Thaksin health care 2 days ago. Unbelievable how this guy can do that and really maybe believe it. Goes to show the UN group know nothing about other countries real situations and how things are or where they started from..

Gen Prayut is satisfied with the outcome of the meeting and confirmed that universal health care coverage is now provided to nearly 100% of the Thai population.

If they were smart, they should charge each expat 15000 baht per year at the immigration office to be covered for healthcare and that could actually help fund Thailand's citizen health care system to where it is not belly up like it is now and has been. So how can he be satisfied when you have superstars doing marathons and activities to raise money for hospitals they can't help or even fathom know how to taker care. 

The Asia Society has played an important role in promoting cooperation between Asia and the United States over the last 60 years. In that time, the Thailand-United States relationship has bolstered regional stability and progress. 

So prove his friendship with the USA by making long term 10 yr visas for the USA expats easier and cheap. USA does it for the Thai people if approved from first initial meeting of being vetted!

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, daoyai said:

I have suspected that this poster is a  "govt." employee ... the grammar in this post leads me to believe they are not a native English speaker.  clearly.

No, no, no, he is a native English speaker with a Chang accent. 

Just having a joke Stevie old mate. You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. Good to see someone else refusing to be a sheep and following the usual TV programme of seeing who can win in the 'knock Thailand the best' stakes. 

Edited by emptypockets

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The 74th United Nations General Assembly Chairman, Tijjani Muhammad Bande expressed his admiration for Thailand as ASEAN chair and its outstanding role in promoting regional cooperation.

Note Thailand's 47th ranking vs. Nigeria's 187th ranking out of 190 countries in the 2019 World Health Organization's Ranking of the World’s Health Systems.

http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/

Bande may have ideas of a medical vacation to Thailand.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen Prayut is satisfied with the outcome of the meeting and confirmed that universal health care coverage is now provided to nearly 100% of the Thai population.

Likely only after his party got beaten down by four political opposition parties including the Democrats and Future Forward earlier this year.

While the Universal Healthcare Coverage (UC) scheme had an annual budget of 2.33 trillion baht, Prayut's government proposed in 2019 a 10%-20% co-payment for UC patients to allegedly help relieve the government's financial obligations. As I recall, some healthcare experts estimated upwards of 40% of patients would be unable to meet such co-payments and not get the necessary healthcare. 

Meanwhile since Prayut has been PM he has spent over 1 trillion baht for the defense budget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has completed his mission at the 74th United Nations General Assembly in New York, in the United States.

Good job done by Khun Prayuth and his team. The UN assembly with it's international contingencies has given full accolade and compliment to Thailand and Khun Prayuth Cha O Cha.

The prime minister confirmed Thailand’s strengths with regards to natural resources and infrastructure which could be a gateway to connectivity with large-sized regional and subregional markets.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaw

Amazing !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That's diplomacy, although I will admit I don't know details of what the 'full accolade and compliment' is.

Who was it who said the art of diplomacy is to tell someone to go to hell in such a way they actually look forward to the journey.

Winston Churchill, wass the man.

WTH!!! Taking credit for a health care system be and his lot had absolutely nothing to do with!!!

Of late 100% of anything that comes out of these idiots mouth's amazes me ????

The UN is just trying to give him big face enough to allow a few million migrant's in, same as the West!!!

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister also mentioned Thailand’s development in the last five years, as it has laid foundations for solutions to problems of disparity,

Foundation? Ah yeah, buying toys for the Army. And be sure the Army will have a solution for all problems! ????????