Lazada Blues

NewGuy

I finally decided to buy stuff from Lazada that isn’t carried by Aliexpress, but I can’t. I figured I needed an entry in their ‘Wallet’ so I can pay but they say only Thai citizens can have a wallet - not foreigners.

What can I do to set up my account so I can buy whatever and pay for it using my Thai bank credit card?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Just order and pay on delivery.

By far the best method.

And hope you never need a refund, as it would appear from other posts that you need a wallet to get a refund ????

If anyone has a way to get a refund from a COD purchase without a wallet many members would love to know.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for encouragement and cautions.

i just went on, added product to cart, clicked ‘something’ to buy, added payment method (lotsa choices), address and stuff, did the enter code from bank received on my mobile, and I’m golden. Wallet not needed.

Funny, since I bought a Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier Pro chosen yesterday when pollution numbers were horrid, this morning’s pollution numbers were on the really good side. Just wait 2-4 months, though, haha.

Thought about getting one for my in-laws but their house is just gaps tied together with wire.  Oh well.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

And hope you never need a refund, as it would appear from other posts that you need a wallet to get a refund ????

If anyone has a way to get a refund from a COD purchase without a wallet many members would love to know.

Ok number 1 I'm still getting refunds to my bank account (Aussie) and no wallet an no problems.

Secondly why would you be stupid enough to need a refund for cod? 

My biggest gripe with lazada is they never update their website I'll order stuff they immediately take payment find out the seller doesn't have it in stock and then have to wait for a refund. Really ineffective business and website I find. And the amount of counterfeit <deleted> they are allowed to sell on there from China is astounding. Amazing a legitimate business is allowed to trade in such a fashion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, starky said:

Secondly why would you be stupid enough to need a refund for cod? 

The delivery person is in too much of a hurry for you to check out that all the functions of your new Gizmo actually works.  He/she only has time for you to do a quick check that it looks like what you ordered then its cash in the bag and he/she is off.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Thanks guys for encouragement and cautions.

i just went on, added product to cart, clicked ‘something’ to buy, added payment method (lotsa choices), address and stuff, did the enter code from bank received on my mobile, and I’m golden. Wallet not needed.

Funny, since I bought a Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier Pro chosen yesterday when pollution numbers were horrid, this morning’s pollution numbers were on the really good side. Just wait 2-4 months, though, haha.

Thought about getting one for my in-laws but their house is just gaps tied together with wire.  Oh well.

Cheers.

I have the same Xiaomi air purifier and it is excellent.  It has kept the air quality levels in the healthy range in my downtown Bangkok apartment during the worst of the bad air days. 

In a years time you will need to replace the filter.  Be careful ordering the filter on Lazada and other online sites, there are a lot of knock-offs listed, usually at a very low price: under B800.  There are actually 2 parts to genuine Xiaomi filters: The outer particle filtration filter and an inner charcoal filter for removing impurities.  The cheap knock off filters do not come with the inner, charcoal filter however the more expensive, genuine Xiaomi filters do include it.  Use Lazada's "Question & Answer" section of the product page to verify if it includes the inner core.   

I have been told that the inner charcoal filter does NOT need to be changed and can be used indefinitely but I am skeptical of that claim.  Does anybody know if true or not?  

• Like 1

And hope you never need a refund, as it would appear from other posts that you need a wallet to get a refund [emoji20]

You provide them with bank details and a photo of your passbook.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, kevc said:

You provide them with bank details and a photo of your passbook.

That was always my understanding, but a number of recent posters have stated that COD refunds are available to the Lazada Wallet only and the wallet is only available to Thais.

Edited by Crossy
Added that it's COD refunds under discussion

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That was always my understanding, but a number of recent posters have stated that refunds are available to the Lazada Wallet only and the wallet is only available to Thais.

Just got a refund today, to my aussie visa card. Never had a lazada wallet, never been told I needed a lazada wallet don't want a lazada wallet. Unfortunately it was something I really wanted and quite expensive so I lost a bit on the return exchange rate which was a bit disappointing. 

I always use COD as there is no extra charge. On a side note... Lazada sent me a 70baht rebate coupon this week, so I tried to buy a socket set. Turns out I can not use it because I am not Thai. I cancelled the order and got the same product off shopee, and saved more than the 70 baht I missed out on.

Lazada refund happy experience (though not COD):

Ordered with some amount of trepidation a Samsung S10+ from a Lazada seller for 22k charged to my Visa card. Sure enough the unit arrives already set up, clearly used.

Filled out the return form, dropped the phone off at a Kerry center and today see that the refund has been approved. Total turn around time 3 days.

I received the Xiaomi Max. The instructions are in Chinese so the English-bound could try this out (not Max version): https://files.xiaomi-mi.com/files/air_purifier_pro/air-purifier-pro-EN.pdf

My unit does not have the two (top) buttons shown in both sets of instructions.

Pretty hard to test its effectiveness as the air in Pattaya is great today; the SNDWAY and Max both showing just 1.

Setting it up with my wifi had some frustrating moments.

Oh yeah, you can download both IOS and Android apps. 

Cheers.

Edited by NewGuy

On 10/6/2019 at 7:01 AM, Why Me said:

Lazada refund happy experience (though not COD):

Ordered with some amount of trepidation a Samsung S10+ from a Lazada seller for 22k charged to my Visa card. Sure enough the unit arrives already set up, clearly used.

Filled out the return form, dropped the phone off at a Kerry center and today see that the refund has been approved. Total turn around time 3 days.

I seen many of the s10+ that were cheap, i did not buy them as i worried about copies and second hand products. I guess I was right. Though when I went to samsung to buy a s10+ i got an 8000 bt discount. (just lucky that day) So it was still a lot cheaper then the normal selling price.