Final proposal - PM Johnson to unveil Brexit offer to EU

webfact

1 minute ago, david555 said:

It seems there is a new majority now …. and growing ….. impossible to wipe under the carpet …as a former and present colonial empirial thinking country you sure experienced that already many times and had to give in on that wish 

JAckanory Jackanory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

JAckanory Jackanory.

Sorry my English is basic , slang  or deep typically English understandings are passing my understanding …., same as my country local lingo or similar to you.....so whatever it means it misses your targeting 

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

told him that already , but he danced away from that ….5555

Yes, I replied to the notification before I saw your post. The brexiteers have no interest in the views of Scotland, they just do not want to be blamed for the demise of the UK.

• Thanks 2

Just now, sandyf said:

Yes, I replied to the notification before I saw your post. The brexiteers have no interest in the views of Scotland, they just do not want to be blamed for the demise of the UK.

I start understanding they must start feeling desperate as all they can do with that aged majority is ….. none ..!

By their mantra there would even only one in a lifetime G.E. on condition is the one they win …..never another one anymore in future ….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Sorry my English is basic , slang  or deep typically English understandings are passing my understanding …., same as my country local lingo or similar to you.....so whatever it means it misses your targeting 

Jackanory is London slang for story, we also had a childrens program called Jackanory that told childrens stories, can you see the connection now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Jackanory is London slang for story, we also had a childrens program called Jackanory that told childrens stories, can you see the connection now.

Thanks , so I know a Littlemore , and understanding that that jackanory  program is now  replaced by Farage talk programs 

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Kind of makes you wonder what those countries including the U.K. ever thought when they formed the EU.  Lets have a semblance of a single country where people can travel freely and have those countries who are economically prosperous contribute to those countries too inept or lazy to provide for themselves.  What could possibly go wrong? 

Many a true word  spoken in jest.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Plenty of choice: the Scottish pound / baht / franc / dollar / peso /krown / peseta / roebel / ...... I could go on and on.

I do not really understand your question. What's in a name ?

Ah wait. I understand. You are illitirate when it comes to economics. Like most brexiteers.

Sorry for the long post. :sorry:

Just a small point for you, illitirate is actually spelled illiterate and Brexiteer has a capital B and not lower case.

If Scotland were allowed to join the EU it would need to meet some fairly stringent financial rules, one of which is that they adopt the Euro as the standard currency.

I thought that you would have know that as most Brexiteers do. We may seem illiterate to you but most of us do some research if we are not up to date on a subject.

The only currency that Scotland will be allowed is the Euro.

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/euro/which-countries-use-euro_en

How countries join
In order to join the euro area, EU member states are required to fulfil so-called 'convergence criteria'.

These binding economic and legal conditions were agreed in the Maastricht Treaty in 1992 and are also known as 'Maastricht criteria'. All EU Member States, except Denmark and the United Kingdom, are required to adopt the euro and join the euro area, once they are ready to fulfil them.

The Treaty does not specify a particular timetable for joining the euro area, but leaves it to member states to develop their own strategies for meeting the condition for euro adoption.

The European Commission and the European Central Bank jointly decide whether the conditions are met for euro area candidate countries to adopt the euro. After assessing the progress made against the convergence criteria, the two bodies publish their conclusions in respective reports. These are further ratified by the ECOFIN Council in consultation with the Parliament and Heads of State. If favourable, the adoption process can begin.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/enlargement-euro-area/convergence-criteria-joining_en

Convergence criteria were put in place to measure progress in countries' preparedness to adopt the euro, and are defined as a set of macroeconomic indicators, which focus on:

Price stability
Sound public finances, to ensure they are sustainable
Exchange-rate stability, to demonstrate that a Member State can manage its economy without recourse to excessive currency fluctuations
Long-term interest rates, to assess the durability of the convergence.

More............

There is a lot more if you can be bothered to research it.

Please don't slag off Brexiteers as being stupid If you don't know your subject very well.

You just shot yourself in the foot, again.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAG said:

At the risk of being accused of being a spelling NAZI (well I am an English Teacher) perhaps if you are going to accuse others of being "illitirate" (sic), you should really spell it correctly?

The third vowel is an "e". Illiterate.

Even this Brexiteer has a spell check..????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well now - another post somehow seeking to link the UK's history as a colonising nation with it's current decision to leave the EU. You describe us as a "former and present colonial empirial thinking country". There are no colonies, the few remaining "British Overseas Territories" are just that, because the inhabitants overwhelmingly wish that to be the case. Let us be generous and assume that is also the case for the various French, Dutch, and Spanish possessions.

If criticism is to be levelled at the British character, because of what you may perceive as the countries colonial past, then perhaps we should also contemplate the "colonial activities" of three of the EU's founding nations (no names no packdrill); but we might care to consider the use of chemical weapons in the invasion and subjugation of Abyssinia (Ethiopia) in the 1930's, the genocide carried out by the colonial regime in the country which is now called Namibia between 1904 and 1907, which resulted in 75% of the Herero and 50% of the Nama (the two indigenous tribes) being killed, to make room for settlers from the colonial power. Then we can of course look at the appalling way in which the Congo was pillaged over successive generations, estimates of deaths vary but it is widely reckoned to be around the 15 million mark!

This is nothing to do with the people of these European nations today I hear you cry. No it is not, but neither is the UK's colonial past (which was arguably less brutal and more beneficial to those colonised) in any way relevant to their decision to vote to leave the EU. So don't attempt to link them please!

Unpalatable truths these certainly are, but for as long as you and others persist in such bigoted and frankly racial attacks upon us, then I shall continue to bring them up. 

"the few remaining "British Overseas Territories" are just that,"

A certain Famous  English writer named Shakespeare  said it already    "What's in a name????

And for the remaining thing keep talking as you like , I do not bother with it anyway …. just as the E.U. stops giving your supposed negotiators rope …..as they have nothing serious to put on table ….. it comes slowly to the end faze 

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You mean like King Lear and King Leopold, I would have thought quite a lot really. ????

Yes that's the reason our that time government took his private colony from him ,(buying him forced out …) to avoid further atrocities , many have  a bad history from western country's colonization  ….. and some has plenty ….