Thailand generates less marine debris

snoop1130

As a SCUBA diver I am really happy to see the emphasis on stopping the use of single use plastics of any kind.  In the general population very, very few people see (or care about) the havoc caused In the seas from disposed plastic items.  Yes, the marine life does ingest plastics, becomes sick and then ends up on your dinner table.  YUK!  Apart from the disposal of plastics the even bigger problem I see on a daily basis is individuals and even some restaurants pouring the days food waste and cooking oils down the storm drains.  Yes, unbelievable but I have really witnessed this.  Surprise!  Because of the waste processing done (or not) this waste makes it into the lakes, rivers and the seas around Thailand.  Again, making marine life sick that will someday end up on your dinner table.  If there is any doubt, the seas around Pattaya once (30+ years ago) had beautiful reefs and were teeming with marine life.  Partly due to over fishing but I think more because of pollution, about all that is left is thousands of spiny sea urchins.  This pollution has the potential totally kill tourism especially for those people looking for pristine beaches and places to swim.  Stopping these pollution causing items from getting into the waters will require, first of all education and second costly measures to process and clean all waste containing water before it enters any local waters.     

Debris a nice sounding word for toxic pollution.all bs any figures this country comes out with..thailand is still one of the top marine polluters of the world and for such a small country they certainly do well.

this country should be ashamed of itself.

Edited by happy chappie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

My neighbours are burning more plastic rubbish than ever.

I had some jobsworth officaldom come to our land yesterday moaning about our concrete road up the hill to get easy access to the pineapples, told us to remove it, wife told  him to  <deleted>  off see you in court etc............... I gave him a  drink whilst he was there, after he'd  finished it , first thing he did?? yep throw it  on the floor  on our land.nice  chap.