EU rejects UK's request for weekend talks as Johnson insists on no Brexit delay

rooster59

17 minutes ago, Opl said:

"no customs union, no single market" .. if the E.U is the source of all evils, why just not leave, without a deal, as soon as possible, as it was what Brexiteers voted for - or what?    

Couldn't agree more, but our politicians and wealthy people are doing everything in their power to thwart this from happening.

And the EU are colluding by allowing ever continuing extensions....

Nobody wanted 'no deal' - but it is the only option now as a result of politicians in both the UK and EU determined to find a way around the referendum result :sad:.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, el torro said:

And the EU are colluding by allowing ever continuing extensions....

If acting in our best interest is “collusion” for you then it just shows how deep in lala land you’re living. If you don’t want extensions, don’t request it. Simple. 

1 minute ago, el torro said:

Nobody wanted 'no deal' - but it is the only option now as a result of politicians in both the UK and EU determined to find a way around the referendum result :sad:.

It’s just another option you don’t have a majority for. The only option you have a majority for is extending. 

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I think having a referendum is a great idea.

Of course we would have to complete the current one first otherwise there is no point in having a second one.

Then of course if the Remainers win then then it should be the best of 3, 5, 7 etc unless one side reaches 3 clear wins first.

Another referendum would need a good set of rules starting with a pass mark of say 65 or 70% of the actual voters and if that fails we revert to the existing referendum results. I say actual and eligible because if, as in the last referendum, a sizable proportion didn't vote that means only the actual votes cast are eligible.

Would the voting age be lowered and to what age limit?

Next, who would decide what and how many questions should be asked?

You have a majority for that? Or is it just another unicorn that isn’t flying? 

4 hours ago, z42 said:

I don't really know what else he can do if the EU are not even appearing to want to thrash out deals in an already short timeframe.

It is very obvious that key players in the UK and EU establishment want to derail the whole thing. As much as i dislike Boris, his skullduggery is no worse than the EU's blatant unwillingness to even negotiate reasonably.

I hope the UK make a clean break. How can an exit be worse than a constant limbo.

19 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Obviously you can't see the facts. 

There have been negotiations over years already with UK government up to an agreement. 

And now UK's non elected so called PM finds out he dislikes the deal and come out with embarrassing childish not to say stupid ideas. 

Who on earth will listen to such maniac? ????

Wow!

How to ignore all the points raised - and come out with a post that relies on their opinion being 'fact' ????.

Do we really need to point out yet again how May (a remainer) went back on everything she's said previously, and came out with an 'agreement' with which the not even the mostly remainer UK MPs could agree?

It wasn't an agreement with the UK govt. - which is why it was rejected by the UK govt!

Of course the EU loved the agreement!

Edited by el torro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, z42 said:

I don't really know what else he can do if the EU are not even appearing to want to thrash out deals in an already short timeframe.

It is very obvious that key players in the UK and EU establishment want to derail the whole thing. As much as i dislike Boris, his skullduggery is no worse than the EU's blatant unwillingness to even negotiate reasonably.

I hope the UK make a clean break. How can an exit be worse than a constant limbo.

October 31st walk away from EU.. end this fiasco !

England will survive.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You can leave if you don’t like it ???? 

If only....

Why on earth would you want another extension?

Unfortunately UK politicians (abetted by various wealthy partners) are doing everything within their power to stop the UK from genuinely leaving, and the EU is supporting them by agreeing extensions.

Please tell your EU representative to refuse any future extension.

Edited by el torro
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If acting in our best interest is “collusion” for you then it just shows how deep in lala land you’re living. If you don’t want extensions, don’t request it. Simple. 

It’s just another option you don’t have a majority for. The only option you have a majority for is extending. 

Please quote my entire post rather than snippets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Why would I do that? It’s not in our interest, and it’s not our job to help Brexiteers. 

So you agree, that the EU doesn't want the UK to genuinely leave - as it's not 'in your interest' for this to happen?

Edited by el torro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, el torro said:

So you agree, that the EU doesn't want the UK to genuinely leave - as it's not 'in your interest' for this to happen?

Not what he said,

but just that leaving with no-deal in not in EU's interest

(and BTW not in UK's interest either...)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, el torro said:

When the UK drops out the of the EU, its interest is to undermine the principles of the single market and the EU itself  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Should have made deals with other countries and left long time ago.

Since they couldn't make deals while still an EU member, your admonishment should be, "Should have left a long time ago and made deals with other countries."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Opl said:

When the UK drops out the of the EU, its interest is to undermine the principles of the single market and the EU itself  

Well lets see the EU interest is to swallow up every nation it can and undermine every aspect of independence of those it does so seems a fair and noble enough objective to me. :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, el torro said:

But I do agree that UK MPs have proven themselves more than untrustworthy when it comes to respecting the electorate.

Aren't all politicians everywhere? Nothing new here, just the British flavor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, englishoak said:

Well lets see the EU interest is to swallow up every nation it can and undermine every aspect of independence of those it does so seems a fair and noble enough objective to me. :whistling: 

such as EU laws on consumer protection?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, englishoak said:

Ignorance is bliss.......... 

Edited by damascase
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Serious question, do you think the EU is doing enough or could do more. And do you think they should be doing more to help protect their interests at their side of the channel, intransigence will not keep the wheels of industry turning you know.

sure they should be doing more, anybody can and should do more but needs 2 to tango and right now only 1 is on the dance floor, guess who?