Jomtien says extensions need to show Insurance

Sitting at the pool in my complex a guy that had just returned from Immigration inquired about the Medical Insurance requirements. He was told by the staff at desk 8 that he not need this time but he WOULD have to provide the insurance when he extended next year. He said he questioned them and he said they simply told him yes need boss say need. Taqke it for what it's worth.  

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

yes there is already a 40 page thread about this. //

40 pages in which many important members don't stop posting

insisting that this Insurance rule does NOT concern Retirement  Extensions... :ermm:

• Like 1

Supposedly these new rules (whatever their interpretation which as usual is clear as muddy mud) go into effect at the end of this October. 

I wouldn't assume that this officer said is the final word on this, but I wouldn't assume that it isn't either.

Stay tuned.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The gentleman that told us the story at the pool I don't know personally I can vouch for him. But I do know that he had just came back from immigration with that story like I said I'm not trying to convince people it's true or untrue just repeating what was told to me by somebody who was actually at immigration. But if this is the case and I don't doubt it for a second just another example of different offices reading into the rules differently

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

insisting that this Insurance rule does NOT concern Retirement  Extensions... :ermm:

What to expect? Big headlines on TVF: BREAKING NEWS Long Term stayers required to have health insurance ...

... of course there is going to be a lot of discussions about it. First the need to fiddle out what exact visas etc.

Everybody here knows and sees how things are drilled down and is getting more enforced over the years. 

There is nothing too crazy when people think ahead and can see this coming for extensions, too. 

I certainly would not be surprised.

But we will see ... for now it's not. Ok ...!

Edited by RedPill

43 minutes ago, TSF said:

It's all part of culling the farang herd. Bringing in this mandatory insurance will absolutely get rid of a large percentage of retirees. 

wheat from the chaff TSF wheat from the chaff
softly softly catchee monkey

53 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

The gentleman that told us the story at the pool I don't know personally I can vouch for him. But I do know that he had just came back from immigration with that story like I said I'm not trying to convince people it's true or untrue just repeating what was told to me by somebody who was actually at immigration. But if this is the case and I don't doubt it for a second just another example of different offices reading into the rules differently

Was his original visa an O or O-A? Some theorists are saying it will make a difference for extension requirements. Not saying that it's LOGICAL that it will make a difference but if this report is from someone that started with an O rather than an O-A it will serve to panic a larger group of people.

All part of the "fun" of being on retirement status in Thailand.

• Like 1

Was his original visa an O or O-A? Some theorists are saying it will make a difference for extension requirements. Not saying that it's LOGICAL that it will make a difference but if this report is from someone that started with an O rather than an O-A it will serve to panic a larger group of people.

All part of the "fun" of being on retirement status in Thailand.
I really don't have any idea I don't know the gentleman only was sitting there with another friend when he told the story of his visit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hereforgood said:

I really don't have any idea I don't know the gentleman only was sitting there with another friend when he told the story of his visit

If you see him again, perhaps ask for more details.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Well of course it concerns retirement extensions for those who do not have insurance. 

I wasn't saying it doesn't

Just saying it is not "news" as is already being discussed in several threads and companies who provide such insurance are listed: https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa

Compulsory Health insurance for 0-A visa applicants effective 31st October

By Lovethailandelite, Wednesday at 01:51 PM in Thai visas, residency and work permits

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Supposedly these new rules (whatever their interpretation which as usual is clear as muddy mud) go into effect at the end of this October. 

i arrived on a non 0 middle of september and plan to do a married extension in december, how early can you start that extension?

1 minute ago, doctormann said:

My O-A visa expired back in 2006 and I've been doing annual extensions based on retirement ever since

I don't really see the relevance of initially having an O-A visa, rather than a non-O.  Once the visa has expired you just do the same extension thereafter for either type.

Really? So it is possible to extend an O-A into a retirement extension?

Yesterday I had a few posts with someone who stated that this is not possible. 

3 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Really? So it is possible to extend an O-A into a retirement extension?

Yesterday I had a few posts with someone who stated that this is not possible. 

Of course it is possible.

How do you think many expats stay here?

• Like 2