Thanathorn says General Apirat’s controversial speech may fuel hatred among Thais

webfact

Thanathorn says General Apirat’s controversial speech may fuel hatred among Thais

70478198_679845749085769_594204900303726Cr Photo : FB/Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit – ธนาธร จึงรุ่งเรืองกิจ

Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit expressed concern Saturday that Army Command-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong’s speech, given at the Army headquarters, may fuel the fire of hatred among a Thai people, who are already divided by their political differences.

The army chief talked about a “hybrid war” being waged by a collection of ill-intentioned politicians, remnants of communist ideologies and anti-establishment elements, to destroy the country.  He also accused some politicians of trying to indoctrinate young Thais with their “destructive ideas”.

The fire-brand politician, who was on the campaign trail in Nakhon Pathom province to help his party’s candidate contesting the by-election, said that General Apirat made the speech without a proper understanding of the context of Thai society, which is undergoing changes, adding that his speech will not help to guide the country forward, but will fuel the fires of hatred.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-says-general-apirats-controversial-speech-may-fuel-hatred-among-thais/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

With the personal wealth Thanathorn has it's kind of difficult to accuse him of communist ideologies.  

Hybrids come in many forms!...…….Now I'm getting paranoid! ????

43 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I thought most Thais already hated the military, the Police and their oppressive over lords? somethings deserve to be hated. 

I doubt your right otherwise the party supporting the military would not have gotten so much votes. So a lot might hate the army but a lot seem to like them too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Remember. . . the donosaurs ruled for millions of years, but in the end they were deposed by little creatures on which they had preyed.

I always thought it was a meteor and more volcano activity not what you said. Do you have anything to back up what you said ? I mean who taught you that ? Or did you just wanted to look cool with your reply ?