A kafkaesque Nightmare- The new E Visa System

28 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

"I now face the reality that I may have to arrive in the simple visa on arrival, and then overstay for 5 days and pay a fine."

Once here you can simply go to the closest Thai Immigration Office and request an extension of stay.  Do it a few days before your visa on arrival expires, and be sure to take your return ticket and passport.

That way you won't have an overstay record to complicate your next trip.

I don't think this is even simple now. Don't you need a copy of your TM30 which might be difficult to get.

• Like 1

Gosh - the OP decides to father a son - in my view you are totally responsible for the welfare of the child - at any cost.

oops the OP does not seem to be able to fulfil that commitment as he cannot live full time in the Kingdom- shameful  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Paul944 said:

I can't find anything for a E-visum on the website of the Thai embassy or consultate in the Netherlands. Only this form http://www.thaiembassy.org/hague/contents/files/services-20180315-093549-736429.pdf and go to the consultate before 13:00. Well I will see Friday what happens there.

Unless it has been recently put in place, the only country's using E visa at this time are China, France and the UK.
https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

I have two friends, regular visitors, who made the decision after looking at what's requred that instead of spending £10,000 each in Thailand this year, they'd fly into Thailand for a short visit and spend the rest of their trip in neighbouring countries.

Now, as they fly in and out of BKK, they'll be counted as tourists twice; once on their initial arrival and once on their return!

So it's a win for the TAT arrivals figures, but a big loss to their expenditure numbers.

Another two? Crikey.

We must be up around 88 or so 'not coming anymores' now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Link this thread the next time someone claims 'none of this effects genuine tourists'. 

Why don't people cal the Embassy and ask to speak with the Consul General or the Ambassador and complain to them that the system is not useer friendly. If this waas me- I would be on the phone constantly until they could give me an answer how toget the Visa.  If no one complains to the source- nothing will change.  At the very least- start writing letters addressd to the Thai Ambassador.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

if op can afford the bloody elite visa
he can certainly afford many differing options to throwing his cash away

my bad it was early Thai E visa site????????????????

still visa exempt rail ticket pedang besar (refundable) 
extension to cover 5 extra days 
no fuss no drama

35 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Why don't people cal the Embassy and ask to speak with the Consul General or the Ambassador and complain to them that the system is not useer friendly. If this waas me- I would be on the phone constantly until they could give me an answer how toget the Visa.  If no one complains to the source- nothing will change.  At the very least- start writing letters addressd to the Thai Ambassador.

The online visa application is sent straight to Bangkok and nothing to do with the Embassy 

6 hours ago, dannyh2000uk said:

you will have to fill in name/password and one of those infuriating CAPTCHA  type things.

And its very difficult to work out whether the letters are in capitals or not and getting one letter wrong will make the login fail .

That seem to deliberately put letters in Capitals  and then make them small in size to fool you 

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Apparently the e-visa that's been available for Cambodia for years is very straightforward, maybe the Thais should ask for help from their much more accomplished and efficient neighbours when it comes to this.

Agreed. I've used it a few times and it was very simple. The one for Vietnam was only slightly more complicated.

David

• Like 1

HI thanks for answers.

Yes aware of extension, but I want to be out somewhere remote having holiday with son, nothing kills a buzz like having to trek to Town to do official  stuff right in the middle of trying to relax.

Finally got its sorted , but remains one of the most infuriating  sessions of my life.

Paid into a kasikorn bank in Thailand, now  have to traipse  into London for personal meeting.

ho hum.

• Haha 1

It is not an E-Visa (Electronic Visa). Its a visa application submitted online. With a real E-Visa you complete an online form, upload a photo, and a short time later receive a visa approval document which you show on arrival. At that point you get the visa in your passport.

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

I have two friends, regular visitors, who made the decision after looking at what's requred that instead of spending £10,000 each in Thailand this year, they'd fly into Thailand for a short visit and spend the rest of their trip in neighbouring countries.

Now, as they fly in and out of BKK, they'll be counted as tourists twice; once on their initial arrival and once on their return!

So it's a win for the TAT arrivals figures, but a big loss to their expenditure numbers.

I know those friends lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sometimes i feel that the i'm living a in one of Franz Kafka stories, having to put up with and face surrealistic and bizarre predicaments and incomprehensible bureaucracies...

Not to mention the people sized cockroaches... 

• Haha 1