Absolute latest from Immigration on Insurance...

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Clearly states only Non O-A visa applicants need insurance

OK, have read this bit

but

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Extenders don't need once inside Thailand. 

Can't find this bit quoted anywhere in the police order

Actually....YES I did...

So you got the exact opposite answer to Tanochi when he asked at both his local Imm Office and the Immigration call centre in Bangkok.

So this really shows the answer you and Tanochi got is still just speculation. One of the official replies you both received as got to be wrong.

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

OK, have read this bit

but

Can't find this bit quoted anywhere in the police order

Hi John....it will be there somewhere, even in another section....read my input again...I came straight home and put it up for everyone to read...before I forgot....lol.

• Like 1

Ok my heads spinning.... so I got my non imm o a multi entry visa from Oz in January this year. I’m going back to Oz in November and plan to return a few days prior to my visas expiration in January 2020, will I be expected to have Medical insurance or not?

53 minutes ago, weegee said:

TAKE NOTE :-

Done the marriage extension today at 11am and this is what they told me.

Anyone who is already here on Marriage extension DOES not have to worry about this Insurance Cover....even on renewal. NOT required

The only ones required to do so are the people who are applying at an Embassy...OUTSIDE of Thailand.

It is only applicable to NON-OA....NO one else.

AFAIK, there was never any question or serious indication that the latest insurance requirement was in any way going to apply to marriage extensions of stay or even to O visas based on marriage.

The still looming question, though, among others, is will the insurance requirement apply to people who already have O-A visas issued BEFORE Oct. 31 who then make entry to Thailand on that visa AFTER Oct. 31. On that issue, among others, there is considerable speculation.

• Thanks 2

It is my belief that the revised criteria for extensions of stay for retirement (2.22) are what ought to apply. That is pretty clear that if you have a non immigrant class O-A entry, then the extension does require insurance. (That does not mean that I consider the distinction between extension of a Non O and extension of a Non O-A, both for retirement, is logical) As a practical matter, it is very likely that (as with so much else) the criteria that must be met for an extension of a Non O-A permission to stay will depend on the immigration office where you apply.

Ok my heads spinning.... so I got my non imm o a multi entry visa from Oz in January this year. I’m going back to Oz in November and plan to return a few days prior to my visas expiration in January 2020, will I be expected to have Medical insurance or not?

I wouid like to know same thing...I am here on an OA issued August ,if I leave say March come back June will I need insurance on same visa?.....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAIK, there was never any question or serious indication that the latest insurance requirement was in any way going to apply to marriage extensions of stay or even to O visas based on marriage.

The still looming question, though, among others, is will the insurance requirement apply to people who already have O-A visas issued BEFORE Oct. 31 who then make entry to Thailand on that visa AFTER Oct. 31. On that issue, among others, there is considerable speculation.

From what i understand...Insurance doesnt apply once you have been here, and then go for your extension.

Read what i put at the top again....I wrote it as soon as i walked in the door. That covers your question.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

OK. That's one report.

Here's a question I bet you didn't ask them. 

What about those O-A visa people effected if/when they first go for annual extension in Thailand? Insurance required or not?

That will not be required and if it was you would nip over to say Vientiane, obtain non o and apply for extension in last 30/45 day at imm. Heck cross the border back visa exempt and do conversion to non o at imm office. So your question?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not apply to you since you got your visa in January.

Joe, on the issue of previously issued O-As, have you received some additional info on that point beyond what you originally had -- that would make your source more reliable and definitive than the opposite info Tanoshi got by calling the Immigration hotline and talking to his local Immigration office, and the various other reports that have surfaced to the contrary?

You may well end up being right, but it seems to me at this point, that particular topic is far from settled or certain.

• Thanks 1

Has this been posted before? 

It looks like the permissions of stay will be granted according to the validity of insurance. I.e. if your insurance expires, then they will limit the permission of stay to the expiry date of the insurance.

Also, don't know how people will get their "second free year" without insurance.

Unless I am not understanding this well.

Screenshot_20191016-114221_Facebook.jpg

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, lkv said:

t looks like the permissions of stay will be granted according to the validity of insurance. I.e. if your insurance expires, then they will limit the permission of stay to the expiry date of the insurance.

Also, don't know how people will get their "second free year" without insurance.

As that states it is for entries to the country using a OA visa issued after the 31st of October.

Every time you enter the country you must have insurance valid for one year or they will do the entry to the date the insurance expires instead of one year.

To get a one year entry shortly before your visa expires you must have to have valid insurance for one year on the date you enter the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As that states it is for entries to the country using a OA visa issued after the 31st of October.

As I read the document Ikv posted above, which has been posted many times here now, it talks about the policy on health insurance taking effect as of Oct. 31 for entries into Thailand from that date forward.

I see no mention of the document referencing the policy's applicability depending on the date that a particular O-A visa was issued, or saying it only applies to O-A visas issued from Oct. 31 onward.

1965611460_2019-10-1616_28_02.jpg.c8a8a659065d06ade1ae1c29c7d6309d.jpg

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Exactly, unsure why anyone on a marriage visa (or extension of same) has any reason to be involved or likely to even get the right answer. 

This has nothing to do with marriage class visas.