Absolute latest from Immigration on Insurance...

1 minute ago, Ej2562 said:

Someone, please tell me if the health insurance one has in his home country accept for insurance requirement for Non-imm O-A visa extension?????

There is form on this website to certify foreign insurance companies. I'm sure no one has any idea whether it will work or not. I can only suggest that you not be deterred by the request for director signatures. Just get any two signatures from the insurance company.

http://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa?fbclid=IwAR1EF8TfpoHviQ7XW7Jr1pqmJcp-Dv7axopn3_Yogo47IgvrkabLxqj-EYU

You could ask the Consulate you are applying to whether you can do this.

The minimal policies on the website are terrible value. If you want a policy from any of the companies on the website I suggest you call them about a better value more comprehensive policy that will meet the Immigration policy. 

You might also inquire whether your home policy will cover you long term in Thailand. My US policy did not. I purchase a Pacific Cross policy after moving here.

17 minutes ago, ToddinChonburi said:

And that each immigration office will do what ever they want.

And here lies the problem that no matter what the police rules or laws are it still boils down to how each immigration office or immigration officer interprets the police order and how they want to apply it. Also what happens when the insurance companies decline a claim which is  well known trade mark of insurance companies, could be some interesting times ahead.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Read the police order 548/2562 on the Imm Web site . Clearly states only Non O-A visa applicants need insurance. Extenders don't need once inside Thailand. 

Obviously the Jomtiem immigration office has an other lecture of the police order.

After the 31 october even the extension of stay need insurance if the extension is linked

to an OA visa, even if the OA visa was obtained years ago.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Martyp said:

My Pacific Cross agent said they would synchronize their policy dates with Immigration dates and pro-rate the fees accordingly. So it may be possible to work with your insurance company to adjust the dates so that you get your second year. However, it is one more thing you have to do to manage your immigration status.

All this mess is becoming a crazy circus imo

• Haha 1

I think I would trust the Police Order rather than some idiot Immigration Officer who has no clue.
Actually the specific enforcement policy at your office is more important.

Example combo retirement applications without embassy letter. Police order say yes. Some offices say no.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Too much speculation for me, I am over it, when immigration tells me I cant renew my extension in December because I need health insurance, then I will act. I just reported for my 90 days this week, no signs up in the office and nobody informing me that when I renew my extension of stay I may be required to have health insurance. Who knows in this place, one day something new , next day changes and from office to office they change the rules that suits them.
It would be too early for there to be a sign even if there ever is a sign. I suggest you pay attention to reports after 31 October about your office.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

49 minutes ago, wtfracing said:

And here lies the problem that no matter what the police rules or laws are it still boils down to how each immigration office or immigration officer interprets the police order and how they want to apply it. Also what happens when the insurance companies decline a claim which is  well known trade mark of insurance companies, could be some interesting times ahead.

Those who came here on a Non immigrant class B visa and live on an extension for years are not mentioned. What is the factual difference between them and an O-A, when by today both live on extensions based on retirement?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are right at the moment

but if we analyse the mindset of the rule

it's clear for them, and they do not mystery about it,  every retiree over 50 yo is ''at risk''

so why someone with a OA visa (Or his extension) is more ''at risk'' than someone with

a O visa (Or his extension) ?

For me its just a matter of time before everybody will be impacted

particularly when they are going to see all the OA (Or extension based on) holder

swift on a O visa (And extensions). 

Exactly! Because the medical risk/Liability Thailand is seeking to avoid exists equally across all visa types.

Edited by meechai
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As that states it is for entries to the country using a OA visa issued after the 31st of October.

Every time you enter the country you must have insurance valid for one year or they will do the entry to the date the insurance expires instead of one year.

To get a one year entry shortly before your visa expires you must have to have valid insurance for one year on the date you enter the country.

With all this hassle, O-A will be a dead option for me!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, weegee said:

And the Answer to that question was...NO! not required...Non OA only....and they are only obtained OUT of Thailand...Anything applied for INSIDE Thailand is exempt.

Excellent post WeeGee, my wife took me to Phichit immigration, and they told her the only time you need to bother about the TM30 is when you return after leaving the country.

All well and good, but this being Thailand, and IO bosses and staff change all the time, this could change anytime.

I still say Thai immigration cannot be trusted in the long term.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Some will start a fight in an Empty Room . You are spot on. Why the topic goes on is a debate in itself.!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Because when people really don't  know what's going on, they speculate.

When they know a little bit, then they fabricate.

• Like 1