Overstay and no cash advice needed.

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

He must now go south of Bangkok to the seaport at Laem Chabang.  Sneak onto a British freighter and stowaway until home.  Will have to survive on rats and rainwater for 30 days transit time.    

I'm half tempted to give him this advice but then he was too lazy to go to border hop so the chances of effort from him are slim ????

• Like 2

Sheryl you're summery of him is 100% accurate unfortunately. I also agree with you about the stint in a Thai prison and IDC. 

We've no idea if the police just want to speak to him or if there's a warrant for his arrest. He isn't the most truthful in the best of circumstances. 

• Like 1

I do not understand this. How many people is it that are going to overstay in Thailand and later ask for advice? If a person is going to overstay, at least they could try to plan that with an exit way out. That would only be half as stupid.

So, now he has overstayed and then he need help. He knbow for sure his mothers situation and that she do not have the money to help him. He just posed the question because he thinks it looks better in some kind of way.

Just tell him to do the popular thing. Set up a go fund me and rely on perfectly unknown strangers to take care of his problem, or grow up and take the responsibilities of his actions. Maybe that makes him grow up.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1

Sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for someone that may have gone to work in Thailand on a tourist visa if you are correct. Deliberately broke the immigration work visa laws, overstayed, and now basically wants a go-fund-page to get out of his own self-made mess. 

He now needs £800 minimum, but could have easily left on time with just a flight for as little as £300 - which Mummy could probably have raised.

But as said above, book flight, and get 20k baht in his pocket - and next time tell him obey the laws.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for someone that may have gone to work in Thailand on a tourist visa if you are correct. Deliberately broke the immigration work visa laws, overstayed, and now basically wants a go-fund-page to get out of his own self-made mess. 

He now needs £800 minimum, but could have easily left on time with just a flight for as little as £300 - which Mummy could probably have raised.

But as said above, book flight, and get 20k baht in his pocket - and next time tell him obey the laws.

No the kid supposedly needs airfare and the 20,000 baht immigration overstay fee. So what is that in English money, about 1400?

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

No the kid supposedly needs airfare and the 20,000 baht immigration overstay fee. So what is that in English money, about 1400?

a little over 800 GBP ... which is what was originally suggested

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

correct, however I think the only logical solution here is for his mum to beg, borrow or sell the TV, sofa & refrigerator …. and then deal with him when he gets back home. 

Maybe she;s sick of subsidizing the tow rag I had a younger brother who was always at it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, esposa said:

The info wasn't available when I originally posted ???? 

Why am I not mum's friend...because I refuse to put my family into debt for her son? If I wasn't her friend I wouldn't have posted here or even found this forum to figure out what the options were and I certainly wouldn't have left my warm house to dive to her this evening to go through them all with her ????

Yes agree ,the warm house certainly over a friend in need.! You,ve tried your best,that’s the sad part....

Some embassy like Canada will lend the money for the flight if there is no other options. They will make you contact or they will contact the family and friends to try find the funds first. If they need to lend the money you can't leave Canada again until the debt has been repaid.
This lad is from U.K. which is not Canada.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont mean to go of topic but I had a friend who got banged up in that IDC place and he said there is people who have been there years

Very possible. You stay in IDC until you pay for a flight home, or somehow get someone to pay for you. The British Embassy will pass on cash from family or friends only, they will not lend you any money.

The airport with 20,000baht and a flight booked is the best way.

Edited by overherebc

Really hard situation he brought himself into.

I think the best and least expensive option is to buy the ticket +20k overstay fine and hope he does not get arrested before.

If the mother cannot get a private loan from friends / anyone she knows, because we are not talking about a huge amount of money, she could sell furniture items, car etc. whatever there is - this will raise the money. It is not nice to do that, but surely a better option than being in prison and deportation "tickets" are going to be more expensive.

The friend he stays with in Thailand could be another option.

Many people wrote before the British embassy would not lend money. I do not know whether that is accurate, asking for it surely does not hurt. I know of other countries in Europe who will borrow the money for coming back, after that they seize your passport and you will not get a new one until the debt is paid.

4 hours ago, esposa said:

Mum is my friend but I'm not in a financial position to help, not that it's any of your business. I really don't like her son, so I'm certainly not going to get into debt to help him.

His friends in the UK won't help, he left owning most of them cash. I've since found out a gofundme was set up 2 or 3 days ago, not one person has donated.

The police are apparently looking for him, hence his sudden urgency for money to come home. He was apparently accused of theft and the police were informed. He claims he's innocent but he's lost his job and didn't save any cash from the job. 

As it stands with the new information there's nothing she can do because he's refusing to get advice from the British embassy. He thinks he can turn up at the airport, pay the fine and board the flight home. We don't think that's going to be a option now.

He sounds like a fine, upstanding sort. I can't imagine why people are unwilling to bail him out of his situation. ????

David

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

How is it the kid doesn’t have the return airfare ticket portion? Aren’t they still good but have to pay a fee change? Or did he mess that up? 

He didn't have a return ticket so he messed that up too.

• Like 1

What I find shocking is that neither him, nor his mother, nor his mother's friend who posts here have 800 GBP to resolve this situation. Now, I do realize that times are dire in Brexitland, but still, that isn't really a large amount. What if he had had a motorbike accident instead? No insurance, I'd bet.

Coming from such a poor background, he probably shouldn't have traveled to a far-away country in the first place. Now that he's there and kind of stuck, I'd try to get to the bottom of that police matter first - if he's wanted, any money spent on a ticket out just goes to waste.