pizzacompany bell peppers

Thian

Referred to as Capsicum in Thailand which may explain the problem.

Depends on the pizza you order as to whether its a standard topping, its usually an option to add as an extra topping.

image.png.996b2a45d0c6eb863767d1b643181a4e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Referred to as Capsicum in Thailand which may explain the problem.

Depends on the pizza you order as to whether its a standard topping, its usually an option to add as an extra topping.

image.png.996b2a45d0c6eb863767d1b643181a4e.png

If you just read the website of pizzacompany you'll see they are called bell peppers in thailand....

And do you really think i would ask this if i ordered pizza margarita??????

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure what website you are looking at but the pic ,above and below, is straight from the pizza company website where they call them capsicums. They dont sell a pizza called margarita. (tomato, cheese, basil)

At a guess, you are probably asking for bell peppers and they dont put them on because they dont know what they are, they call them capsicums.

image.png.43455d4de5712554cda12332c5104282.png

You're right, but so am i....if you click on the pizza supaadaalack you'll see these ingredients:  How can you get another site as me? I go to their main page and click on pizza to see this below.

Anyway, their pizza's cost 100 baht more since a few months and you get less toppings...i only order pan pizza superdeluxe since i don't like the other ones.

And reading all this, i also didn't get the pepperoni! 

Super deluxe

Pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapples, onions, bell peppers, ham, bacon strips, smoked pork sausage Italian sausage Mozzarella Cheese Pizza Sauce

Edited by Thian

7 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I can’t afford pizzas in Thailand, state is a lot cheaper.

Well this pizza costs 489 baht....that's sure not cheap but i really like it if it has all the toppings i pay for...Yes also in Europe it's cheaper than here in BKK.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

If you just read the website of pizzacompany you'll see they are called bell peppers in thailand....

And do you really think i would ask this if i ordered pizza margarita??????

Read what you like, they're called "prik wan" in Thailand, sweet peppers, which is the same as their name in the UK. Sometimes referred to as capsicum in the UK but used more widely in Europe. Bell peppers, I think, is a US term.

My local market has a stall making the best pizzas in Thailand, 150 baht for a fully loaded 9". Always has a queue of farangs next to it. I usually go for the vegitarian, which has both red and green prik wan. I ask them to add a sprinkling of prik heng (dried chillies) to give it a kick. Great pizza.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Read what you like, they're called "prik wan" in Thailand, sweet peppers, which is the same as their name in the UK. Sometimes referred to as capsicum in the UK but used more widely in Europe. Bell peppers, I think, is a US term.

My local market has a stall making the best pizzas in Thailand, 150 baht for a fully loaded 9". Always has a queue of farangs next to it. I usually go for the vegitarian, which has both red and green prik wan. I ask them to add a sprinkling of prik heng (dried chillies) to give it a kick. Great pizza.

We call them paprika's and thailand sure has them, we bought them this week....so i don't understand why pizzacompany can't buy them.

I think i'm also going to find another pizza dealer, although i like pizzacompany...when i called their serviceline for complaints the first guy just hang up on me, the second stopped speaking at all (both were bad in english) and i'm done with it unless they give me free pizza''s to make it good. Also that 400 baht membership i don't need it anymore.

We call them paprika's and thailand sure has them, we bought them this week....so i don't understand why pizzacompany can't buy them.

I think i'm also going to find another pizza dealer, although i like pizzacompany...when i called their serviceline for complaints the first guy just hang up on me, the second stopped speaking at all (both were bad in english) and i'm done with it unless they give me free pizza''s to make it good. Also that 400 baht membership i don't need it anymore.
You sound like a wild man....!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Paprika is a ground spice, not the pepper.

Would depend on your language. In Dutch they're called paprika, in us bell pepper, in UK capsicum. Check a dictionary for other languages.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Well this pizza costs 489 baht....that's sure not cheap but i really like it if it has all the toppings i pay for...Yes also in Europe it's cheaper than here in BKK.

I dont know about that, Gallery Pizza has two zas for 550 delivered, so thats the price of a large in the USA in many places, not all. its good pizza though, NY style.

4 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I always call them พริกหยวก phrik yuak or  พริกหวาน phrik waan - I've always got what I wanted. 

Rooster

My seed packet says Prik Yak Waan (sweet hom)

prik yak wan.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

Well the manager called me back and will contact the branch about it, she will call me back again she said but that was 2 hours ago. 

She acted like it was normal to not have bell peppers and pepperoni, i told her that she shouldn't write that on their website if they don't have it and she agreed with that...we'll see if she calls me back...

On 10/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, Thian said:

Well the manager called me back and will contact the branch about it, she will call me back again she said but that was 2 hours ago. 

She acted like it was normal to not have bell peppers and pepperoni, i told her that she shouldn't write that on their website if they don't have it and she agreed with that...we'll see if she calls me back...

So has she called you back yet? Tell us, the suspense is killing me!! ????

On a more serious note: have you tried scoozi pizza yet? Their pizzas are great AND they have a buy 1 get 1 free offer for "privilage card" holders. THB 300/annum if my memory serves me correctly - weekdays only, however. 

Once you've tried scoozi, you'll never go back to any of the other pizza companies. 

35 minutes ago, djayz said:

So has she called you back yet? Tell us, the suspense is killing me!! ????

On a more serious note: have you tried scoozi pizza yet? Their pizzas are great AND they have a buy 1 get 1 free offer for "privilage card" holders. THB 300/annum if my memory serves me correctly - weekdays only, however. 

Once you've tried scoozi, you'll never go back to any of the other pizza companies. 

No they didn't call me anymore with an offer for a free pizza...that's what she promised though.

I know scoozi, that's from an italian guy married to a thai supta...they are okay but not in our area i think..they are in the central chaeng wattana. I liked the vesuvio pizza from them iirc.  But that's 10 years ago when i ordered them often.

I 'll stop with  pizzacompany , i'm tired of this bad service...that service line that you can call hang up on me twice, the 3rd one helped me and promised that the manager would call, which she did one time.

Last week i walked into KFC, ordered 2 zingerburgers....they had stress because i'm farang but finally one came to tell me in english that i had to wait 20 minutes for that..hahaha...so i left. 

30 minutes ago, Thian said:

but not in our area

I would double check that if I were you. They have spread out and now have restaurants in different parts of Bangers. They do deliver to more than just Chaengwattana and the food, both pizza and pasta, as well as the service and delivery times are quite good. 

I'm not trying to be a smart ar$e, but, have you considered that your expectations of the service here might be just a tad too high? You're disgruntled with The Pizza Company because of bell peppers (what the duck?!?) and recently you walked out of another place because you would have had to wait 20 minutes for your burger. You're in a developing country, most people here can't afford the stuff we buy AND, generally speaking, their reaction/service times can be longer than what we're used to. We could argue for a long time about what is better; Western or Asian service, but, honestly, I'm too chilled to get into a debate with you about what is a reasonable waiting time for a Zingerwhatever. 

Since I've learned to take these inconveniences in my stride, I've been so much happier and considerably less stressed here. 

A friendly piece of advice; the next time you're told you have to wait 20 minutes for your food just remember this: There are millions of people on this planet who have absolutely nothing to eat/cannot eat on a regular basis/have to do the most despicable things to earn their food. 

A pizza without bellpeppers - a luxury not everybody can afford. 

20 minute wait for your dinner - nothing compared to those who have to go for days without food. 

Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to get into a debate with you, but these little inconveniences put life back into perspective. 

Bon appetit! 

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, djayz said:

I would double check that if I were you. They have spread out and now have restaurants in different parts of Bangers. They do deliver to more than just Chaengwattana and the food, both pizza and pasta, as well as the service and delivery times are quite good. 

I'm not trying to be a smart ar$e, but, have you considered that your expectations of the service here might be just a tad too high? You're disgruntled with The Pizza Company because of bell peppers (what the duck?!?) and recently you walked out of another place because you would have had to wait 20 minutes for your burger. You're in a developing country, most people here can't afford the stuff we buy AND, generally speaking, their reaction/service times can be longer than what we're used to. We could argue for a long time about what is better; Western or Asian service, but, honestly, I'm too chilled to get into a debate with you about what is a reasonable waiting time for a Zingerwhatever. 

Since I've learned to take these inconveniences in my stride, I've been so much happier and considerably less stressed here. 

A friendly piece of advice; the next time you're told you have to wait 20 minutes for your food just remember this: There are millions of people on this planet who have absolutely nothing to eat/cannot eat on a regular basis/have to do the most despicable things to earn their food. 

A pizza without bellpeppers - a luxury not everybody can afford. 

20 minute wait for your dinner - nothing compared to those who have to go for days without food. 

Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to get into a debate with you, but these little inconveniences put life back into perspective. 

Bon appetit! 

Oh spare me that drivel please...have you seen how busy it is in the kfc here in bkk? And zingerburgers are on the menu, normally they make one in 1 minute (refry it so it's not fresh)...

BKK being poor? Go fool the dog...today another friend told me they go to europe in december..my neighbour as well...but they don't realise that in december it's very cold is what i told my wife, she said they want that so they can buy the north face jackets and show that on facebook....they can wear it 2 weeks only...

Maybe where you live they are poor, but not in BKK. We have Benz dealers everywhere now...same for BMW...and i see loads of them on the roads, more than in europe.

And prices in BKK are even higher than in Europe for simple things like a BK burger..or a pizza. 

In Europe they will tell the customer if they run out of ingredients, they told me last month they didn't have bell peppers/pepperoni, this time they didn't tell me so of course they would have to tell that to the customer, he pays for it..and the pizza costs 100 baht more now than in april. If you think that's fair than that's your problem not mine. I don't accept to get cheated, sure not from american companies owned by an american in thailand.

So you would also not care what California gym did to their customers? Sell life time memberships and go bankrupt next year.

Those memberships costed around 50k baht each iirc.

The honesty of Europe is what a really miss...and the high service/quality we get there..but if they don't give that they'll have agressive customers and be out of business soon.

I rarely go to the boonies, i can't even order a hotdog there in a 711...and they sure sell them and it's written in english on the menu as well...it's just how ignorant/uneducated they are and that i can't stand...i also worked hard to get what i have now and if i didn't deliver the quality my customers expected they would sue me and not pay at all.

I get so tired of soft farangs, my whole homecountry is going down the drain because of them...and the taxpayers pay the bills.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Thian said:

In Europe they will tell the customer if they run out of ingredients, they told me last month they didn't have bell peppers/pepperoni, this time they didn't tell me so of course they would have to tell that to the customer, he pays for it..and the pizza costs 100 baht more now than in april. If you think that's fair than that's your problem not mine. I don't accept to get cheated, sure not from american companies owned by an american in thailand.

I have not seen Bell Peppers in a while either. I would say maybe every fifth pizza we have ordered has it and we only order maybe once a month.

24 minutes ago, Thian said:

I get so tired of soft farangs, my whole homecountry is going down the drain because of them...and the taxpayers pay the bills.

Hear Hear

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:33 AM, Jane Dough said:

พริกหวาน phrik waan

second that.

I assume the business simply ran out for the customer who ordered the super supreme.

But for the record. The only pizza worth ordering is pepperoni ????  I say that only half tongue in cheek. At least for american style pizzas.

For napoli or other Italian pizzas, I go with what is fresh or recommended.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, DannyCarlton said:

Yes bell peppers is an American term in Australia you call it capsicum

29 minutes ago, Thian said:

Oh spare me that drivel please...have you seen how busy it is in the kfc here in bkk? And zingerburgers are on the menu, normally they make one in 1 minute (refry it so it's not fresh)...

Actually Zingers are not usually just lying around, there is always a wait as they are not a popular order; the Thais prefer the fried chicken pieces.  Maybe next time they should flash yours in a minute rather than tell you the truth and ask you to wait (I don't believe 20 minutes).  Then you could get food poisoning and come back here to whinge and rant about it.  It seems you have a lot of troubles, I am wondering if communication may be an issue for you.  

BKK being poor? Go fool the dog...today another friend told me they go to europe in december..my neighbour as well...but they don't realise that in december it's very cold is what i told my wife, she said they want that so they can buy the north face jackets and show that on facebook....they can wear it 2 weeks only...

Maybe where you live they are poor, but not in BKK. We have Benz dealers everywhere now...same for BMW...and i see loads of them on the roads, more than in europe.

The majority of people in Bangkok are poor by Western standards and that is a fact.  There are some incredibly wealthy people too, but the wealth is not balanced at all.  What are all the thousand of people in hot, cramped buses each day, crammed in to the back of pickups?  There by choice?

So you would also not care what California gym did to their customers? Sell life time memberships and go bankrupt next year.

Those memberships costed around 50k baht each iirc.

So we've gone from a complaint about missing green peppers to comparisons about a gym chain that went bankrupt?  Wow.

I rarely go to the boonies, i can't even order a hotdog there in a 711...and they sure sell them and it's written in english on the menu as well...it's just how ignorant/uneducated they are and that i can't stand..

So you expect minimum wage workers to be highly educated and fluent in English?  Just like they are in the US?  Multilingual, degree holding burger flippers are so common.

7-Eleven hotdogs, pizza company, KFC.  Ever thought of trying Thai food?  (Oh yeah, MSG, chemicals, blah blah)

Yeah, I am sure your country would be much better if everyone was as angry about trivial stuff as you seem to be.

Seriously, repeated calls to the manager (who even called you back!) - in English, probably whilst angry - about missing peppers on a nasty fast food pizza from a nasty fast food chain.  I am sure they rejoice every time they see you walk in the door (oh, here comes the miserable, angry, complainy old guy again).

I agree with the other poster who said you really should chill out.  And stop eating nasty food.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:04 AM, Kinnock said:

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

ACTUALLY (always a good word to use in an argument, and I used caps to prove I'm right) - they are called 'prik see kiow' in Thailand (พริกสีเขียว) and they will have them by the bucket load in their make-table (note use of pizza making terminology and Thai to reinforce my intellectual prowess), but they just didn't put any on your pizza to wind you up.

i think that is probably what the OP said  ,  but going to google translate he messed it up and 

said   hey you PRIK  why you KEENIOW !   and they said you big prik  super dee luuk !

• Haha 2