Advice from BKK Immigration Officer : Get the correct visa !

22 minutes ago, thaibook said:

consecutively or with a break in between?

Non O multim

First 90 then 60 extension

Then 90 then 60 extension.

Total 10 months.

Then 90 followed by a quick out/in for 90 just before use by date. Usually we have a few days away somewhere for the 90's.

At 15 months-ish get another 60 so almost 17 months.

Both retired so travelling is/was part of the plan.

20 hours ago, Bullie said:

This kind of nonsense was reason for me to leave Thailand forever, with my family. The cost and difficulty, year on year for visa, banks, uncouth immigration officers every 3 months (I've had them screaming at me for a small faux-pass, making me to actually want to lash out and throttle the bixxch) sufficed march this year and we pulled the plug.

Now residing in Northern/Southern Europe, no troubles visa-wise and frankly, a lot cheaper all in all. We are superhappy with the move. My Thai/Cambodian wife is actually enjoying the cold!

Maybe you don't know how to behave when you visit immigration? Are you complaining about the 90 days reports? The easiest part of staying in Thailand,in my opinion.

What cost and difficulty? If you stayed on annual extensions it cost you 1900 baht/year, and what difficulty, didn't you remember what documents you needed at immigration? 

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Maybe you don't know how to behave when you visit immigration? Are you complaining about the 90 days reports? The easiest part of staying in Thailand,in my opinion.

What cost and difficulty? If you stayed on annual extensions it cost you 1900 baht/year, and what difficulty, didn't you remember what documents you needed at immigration? 

Let's look at it a different way.

Every year my wife and me go to UK. She has had quite a few visas, valid for 6 months at a time.

After we leave the airport we can and do travel a bit in UK.

If we decided to stay for the 6 months, we don't, but if we did she wouldn't have to report to anyone anywhere during those 6 months.

Can I say it's just a feeling that many expats have re' 90 day reports and TM 30 reports that don't exist in UK or EU.

Some people can handle it, some can't.

If there was an easy answer I would post it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Let's look at it a different way.

Every year my wife and me go to UK. She has had quite a few visas, valid for 6 months at a time.

After we leave the airport we can and do travel a bit in UK.

If we decided to stay for the 6 months, we don't, but if we did she wouldn't have to report to anyone anywhere during those 6 months.

Can I say it's just a feeling that many expats have re' 90 day reports and TM 30 reports that don't exist in UK or EU.

Some people can handle it, some can't.

If there was an easy answer I would post it.

Same my wife.. she now has a 5 year tourist visa comes and goes every year without any asking.. 

My brothers wife.. Given free schooling in engish language and culture.. Supported in many stages of her naturalisation.. Now has an english passport, healthcare, pension, benefits if she stopped working etc etc, no matter what happens between her and her husband she is secured.  

When people talk about the 'difficulty' in going to the west it seems to ignore the benefits attached, and the ease with which integration is absolute and safeguarded. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Same my wife.. she now has a 5 year tourist visa comes and goes every year without any asking.. 

My brothers wife.. Given free schooling in engish language and culture.. Supported in many stages of her naturalisation.. Now has an english passport, healthcare, pension, benefits if she stopped working etc etc, no matter what happens between her and her husband she is secured.  

When people talk about the 'difficulty' in going to the west it seems to ignore the benefits attached, and the ease with which integration is absolute and safeguarded. 

I'll agree except on one point.

She has a UK passport unless wee Nicky has managed to sneak in independence when nobody was looking.

????????????????????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

I'll agree exept on one point.

She has a UK passport unless wee Nicky has managed to sneak in independance when nobody was looking.

????????????????????????

LOL funny thing is shes proper UKIP now ???? since shes got a passport shes all about 'raise the drawbridge' these Polish coming here, keeping the wages down.. Brexit away and kick out the immigrants !! LOL er ok Mam.. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

LOL funny thing is shes proper UKIP now ???? since shes got a passport shes all about 'raise the drawbridge' these Polish coming here, keeping the wages down.. Brexit away and kick out the immigrants !! LOL er ok Mam.. 

Funny but my wife is always on about the same idea as me.

We're lucky to have a house in BKK, FIL gave us it when we got married and another place we bought together. Idea being sell one, keep the BKK house and buy somewhere in  UK. 

She keeps talking about not being bothered about getting a UK passport etc but I wonder if the plan to buy in UK happens and she does her idea of 6/6 months how long that idea would last in her head.

I would put good money on her changing her mind.

????

For short term visiting family in thailand, medical trip such as dental work and anything leasure the SETV is the correct choice.

swampy and DMK are taking the p155 currently, gone from encouraging abuse to over enforcing poor rules.
Fact they don't change rules officially or allow some entry but on;y 7days speaks volumes on how this being forced at certain check points.
Going get much worse and shame for those tied to the place, Junta quite simply want keep western influences in thailand totally minimal .

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Now has an english passport,

Can you post a picture? Just the cover? I've lived a sheltered life and haven't seen one of them.

Ever

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

You've taught her the 'Little England' ways well then.

Well done.

What's a "UKIP" BTW?

Edited by NanLaew

Looks like the key to success is staying just the legal maximum of ~6 months like the OP. He seems happy with that option despite the efforts of some to wrongly suggest he had the wrong visa, berate his well-deserved chosen class of air travel, suggesting he's wasting his money and not to mention the one way out in left field who pulled extensions out of his speed-reading butt.

Maybe that's the clue to a happy life here: only stay as long as your allowed on the appropriate visa. It does seem that staying longer results in all sorts of irrational and rude behavior, ranting about immigration reporting before raging about the price of a beer, then all in a froth about the way they drive here before throwing a tantrum about the overstayers 'that make it harder for us...', etc., etc. Take a chill pill.

They should forget about other folks overstaying their visa and should focus more on not overstaying their own personal happiness quotient. You can only come with maybe 23 kg of baggage on most coach flights and half of that is your favorite cheese, Bisto granules, Tetley teabags, pork sausages, corned beef and other things needed by some to make Thai life bearable. With the double 6-pack of Marks & Sparks underdags, it doesn't leave much space for extra happiness in there.

Going tropo... it isn't what it used to be.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2019 at 11:24 AM, La Migra said:

"...Get the correct visa ! "  I think that says it all.  

It really appears Thailand is imposing a rule of thumb of 180 days per tourist. First if you are over, but also if your pattern of stay shows you might go over.

Why shouldn't they enforce the 90 days per 180 days? Other countries do so too. Brits can practice for post Brexit travelling to EU????

Edited by Letseng

8 hours ago, Letseng said:

Why shouldn't they enforce the 90 days per 180 days?

To enforce it, surely it needs to be a written rule, not something being arbitrarily applied, leaving a state of confusion, will they won't they. 

• Like 2

@NanLaew I had a good chuckle at your post.

Now, off to persuade the wife we urgently need to get a builder to fix the soffit board that has dropped down and let pigeons get in the roof space.

Then I'll watch her pour the "Brown Stuff" down the drains to stop the bad smell.

Please don't think I am a bad man for doing the above, we ALL know I can't lift a finger as the problems are in our business, not our home.

I don't want to be accused of flouting my visa status and WORKING !

However, she must love me, as she has agreed to drop me at the pub this afternoon so I can watch England in the Rugby World Cup Final.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

@NanLaew I had a good chuckle at your post.

Now, off to persuade the wife we urgently need to get a builder to fix the soffit board that has dropped down and let pigeons get in the roof space.

Then I'll watch her pour the "Brown Stuff" down the drains to stop the bad smell.

Please don't think I am a bad man for doing the above, we ALL know I can't lift a finger as the problems are in our business, not our home.

I don't want to be accused of flouting my visa status and WORKING !

However, she must love me, as she has agreed to drop me at the pub this afternoon so I can watch England in the Rugby World Cup Final.

Keeper!

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Keeper!

Mine is out now getting the beer and snacks for the game.

Got it on live TV at home. UK tv that is.

She was happy yesterday to see the Kiwis get the bronze but was complaining why they couldn't get a score like that against the Poms. Her words not mine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

She was happy yesterday to see the Kiwis get the bronze but was complaining why they couldn't get a score like that against the Poms. Her words not mine.

Explain to her how The English are far better, and not phased by silly girly dance moves.

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Explain to her how The English are far better, and not phased by silly girly dance moves.

Considering she spent many years studying and working in NZ I would let you tell her. The end result might be you clutching your collection of soft dangly bits and doing a girly squealy dance.

????????????????????

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Considering she spent many years studying and working in NZ I would let you tell her. The end result might be you clutching your collection of soft dangly bits and doing a girly squealy dance.

????????????????????

Built like a full back and a face like a haka dance eh?

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Built like a full back and a face like a haka dance eh?

More like a wing forward.????????

She did say that England played much better than the kiwis on the day. She got a few line messages from old friends in NZ who were saying the same thing.

We should stop I suppose as it hasn't got a lot to do with advice from Imm' in Bkk.

????????

On 10/31/2019 at 9:09 PM, The Fat Controller said:

@problemfarang

@DrJack54 (it's YOU'RE not your, grammar matters)

You both obviously DID NOT bother to read my visa history in my original post, are you blind ?

I NOW HAVE A NON O

Then I posted.

"I entered on 29th October on my Non O and put "visit wife" on the TM6"

Whether 180 days in Thailand when I also have my house and interests in the UK can be construed as a "vacation" with my wife is a moot point.

hi, i didnt meant to about your entering visa to thailand. I was talking or making comment on IO's words.

Only rumors and speculations. I have had business visas, spouse visas and tourist visas. Entered recently with a tourist visa and no problem at all. Took me 3 minutes. Just smile and be friendly instead of acting like you are drug dealer afraid of the immigration police.

• Like 1