Escape Routes from Paradise

swissie

18 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Wait till you have some Muslim neighbours.... you will find the answer

I could be wrong but I've got a feeling that I've probably had more Muslim neighbors than you've had hot dinners.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had one living opposite, nice enough guy, his step daughter (her house) had pork barbecue on the front lawn every day until he moved out.

...or pork barbecues.

Edited by NanLaew

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had one living opposite, nice enough guy, his step daughter (her house) had pork barbecue on the front lawn every day until he moved out.

Yeah, funny how the Malaysian Muslims come across the border at Padang Besar to drink alcohol and <deleted> themselves stupid with infidels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, seasia said:

What is this paradise that the OP refers to ?

Thailand? A country with the highest road deaths in the world. Do not forget that only Death at scene taken in to account, double the numbers for later death.

A major city the worst in the world for pollution.

Many others very poor in that respect.

Rubbish everywhere, no respect for their own country or environment.

Climate surpassed by several other countries.

Human rights also surpassed by several other countries.

The worst wealth inequality in the world.

if this is paradise, what is hell?

London? Detroit? Moscow?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, seasia said:

What is this paradise that the OP refers to ?

Thailand? A country with the highest road deaths in the world. Do not forget that only Death at scene taken in to account, double the numbers for later death.

A major city the worst in the world for pollution.

Many others very poor in that respect.

Rubbish everywhere, no respect for their own country or environment.

Climate surpassed by several other countries.

Human rights also surpassed by several other countries.

The worst wealth inequality in the world.

if this is paradise, what is hell?

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye.

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Why stay in one place when moving around might be cheaper and healthier?  Why stay in a place that judges you solely by the amount of money you have or are willing to part with for hassles and dual prices?   

I know a man who finally settled down in Siem Reap at 90 years old after decade of roaming around Asia.  He would live in Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia.   He had the money for a Thai retirement visa but just felt staying in one place was dull.  The Cameron Highlands are nice during the summer.  Chiang Kong is good, if the air is not toxic, during the winter.  Roaming might be better for you.  Taiwan is not bad.  Get a feel for home grown Chinese representative government.  Asia is our oyster.  We should enjoy every bit of it.

Why should we spend money in a place full of people that judge us ?  

These old blokes who spend years travelling around South East Asia really worry me. I have to wonder why. Creeps me out.

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

How are you outpriced in America when there are over 10,000's of Thai's living in Florida and living good, big houses, expensive cars?

There is a lengthy thread on budget locations in America. The conclusion is you can live there cheaply however there are a few caveats.

1. You have to be willing to live outside of a liberal enclave like California,

2, Able to cook for yourself

3. Able to tolerate living near people that aren't "woke"

4. Able to clean your own house

5. Able to live without servants

6. Able to afford/drive a car

7. Able to cut your own toe nails

8. able to do your own laundry

9. Willing to live in a place that doesn't have 18 ethnic restaurants.

10. Willing to compromise on weather or cultural amenities if you aren't rich.

Culture, affordability and nice weather. You can choose two. If you have money then take off all conditions I just cited. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Confused 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:47 PM, BritManToo said:

I won't live anywhere I can't buy a bacon sandwich for breakfast.

MY GOD, I'M IN A STATE OF SHOCK! After all, I thought it was only my fellow Americans who had an insatiable appetite for fried hog blubber. ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Oh geez. I've posted about this many many times already. Read that thread for your answer which you seem to claim to have read. Don't bother me again with such personal questions. Bye.

Dont get your knickers in a knot there girl

54 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Would you want one of our women? Ugh... I cannot get it up for em

I didn't know any better at the time.

And if someone had told me there were countries where you could bang young women until disease rotted your parts off, I wouldn't have believed them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't know any better at the time.

And if someone had told me there were countries where you could bang young women until disease rotted your parts off, I wouldn't have believed them.

So how are your 'parts' now?.... 'tis a terrible affliction, addictive with no cure, fortunately 'therapy' is available at your nearest gogo bar.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

On 11/5/2019 at 6:40 AM, Momofarang said:

Why does everyone forget Malaysia which offers a much better deal than Thailand and costs less? Even wine about the same price (google Wine Now).

'Better deal ' in what way?

If cost of living is the primary concern I suggest African countries.

I am very willfully "forgetting" Malaysia because, in my opinion as an American it is not conducive to my health or peace of mind. I'm also  leary of crowds of people dressed like bank robbers.

To each his own I guess but I'll pass on this option.

"Malaysia is a multiconfessional country whose most professed religion is Islam. As of 2013, there were approximately 19.5 million Muslim adherents, or 61.3% of the population."

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

'Better deal ' in what way?

If cost of living is the primary concern I suggest African countries.

I am very willfully "forgetting" Malaysia because, in my opinion as an American it is not conducive to my health or peace of mind. I'm also  leary of crowds of people dressed like bank robbers.

To each his own I guess but I'll pass on this option.

"Malaysia is a multiconfessional country whose most professed religion is Islam. As of 2013, there were approximately 19.5 million Muslim adherents, or 61.3% of the population."

Islam is not a religion, it is a political ideology that is raging across the globe in a powerful jihad movement that is stronger than demon-possessed Muhammad ever could have been.  Personally, I wouldn't think of retiring in Malaysia or any other Islamic country for the above mentioned reason.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Islam is not a religion, it is a political ideology that is raging across the globe in a powerful jihad movement that is stronger than demon-possessed Muhammad ever could have been.  Personally, I wouldn't think of retiring in Malaysia or any other Islamic country for the above mentioned reason.

Of course Islam is a religion. 

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Semantics.

Islam is a a way of life, not a  choice. They are born into and indoctrinated into from birth. It proscribes every facet of their life from food to clothing to how they sanitize after using the bathroom. It defines how you interact with non-believers and informs your political motivations. It encompasses ALL aspects of your life.

Perhaps most telling is the fact that deciding at some point that you want to stop participating can be a death sentence. Using an improper representationiof the 'Prophet' can also lead to quick death, etc. ad nauseum.

What other 'religion ' imposes such sanctions for leaving it? With Islam you join at birth and leave at your death, regardless of untimely that may be.

The representation of Islam as a religion is simply a clever feint designed to make people think it is not based on hatred, conquest, bigotry, intolerance, and absolute control of its followers lives.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, CMNightRider said:

Since it is obvious Malaysia is a Muslim country, it wouldn't be worth considering as a retirement destination for most westerners.  Thailands decline as a retirement destination appears to be picking up speed rather rapidly, lol.  Thank you for pointing out my insensitive comment regarding Muslims. 

By all means, nobody should ever be insensitive! Stating your personal opinion is not acceptable unless you agree with the contemporary majority.

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Islams global threat hides in plain sight, hidden only by a Western media complex with their heads in the sand, and Western leaders who are more interested in the sickening niceness of political correctness than they are with their values or the safety of the people they govern. 

There are many nations across the world that openly preach destruction of the West, and interestingly enough, these nations all just so happen to be Islamic.  You may want to give your naive comment about Islam being a religion a second thought.

• Thanks 1