Where is the good news promised on TM6 and TM30?

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

TM6 arrival and departure cards will no longer be required for Thai nationals, Sansern said. The order will be published in the Royal Gazette and come into effect this Saturday. The revocation was scheduled for October 1 but all concerned agencies were ready to implement it earlier, he said.

That is old news for over a year ago.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, Scouse123 said:

Ah,

Another five years then whilst they get on with important stuff like useless Thai sold health policies for foreigners residing in Thailand.

You need to say in what province you're staying,because there are local rules if the TM30 reporting is needed or not when travelling in Thailand. 

Just out of curiosity, do you really think it's a hassle to fill in a TM6-card and keep it stapled inside your passport? 

22 hours ago, grollies said:

Yep, I had the same message from immigration on my last 90 day report. The hotel still completes a TM30 online but arriving back home there is no need for the householder, landlord, etc to file the return to province.

Never did it anyway and never had any query from immigration either about why I was not re-registered back home after being out of province.

I never done it either, simply because I don't agree with it, though I did on my return from the UK.

3 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Not sure why you think it’s a cash grab scheme. It’s free to comply, and if you don’t you pay a fine. Simples.

Do you know what 'cash grab' means?

Most foreigners had no idea they had to do a TM30. They just all of sudden started to enforce it strictly. And guess what? Most foreigners hadn't done it and had to pay an 800 baht fine. Like my friend. Who when telling the immigration officer he had no idea he had to do it, had to take it on the chin as she just laughed and said, "No one did". 

I don't have a TM30 and I didn't pay the fine; therefore, it was a 'cash grab'. Simples.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

They'll only know if you tell them!

There are some posters here on Thaivisa who are even afraid of their own shadow, and would report going out

for a drink and a meal if the Thai government said so. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

TM6 arrival and departure cards will no longer be required for Thai nationals, Sansern said. The order will be published in the Royal Gazette and come into effect this Saturday. The revocation was scheduled for October 1 but all concerned agencies were ready to implement it earlier, he said.

Wow big deal! My wife never completed one. 

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I never done it either, simply because I don't agree with it, though I did on my return from the UK.

I don't think Immigration cares if you agree with it or not. If you like paying penalties, just keep ignoring it.

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You need to say in what province you're staying,because there are local rules if the TM30 reporting is needed or not when travelling in Thailand. 

Just out of curiosity, do you really think it's a hassle to fill in a TM6-card and keep it stapled inside your passport? 

First question is Kalasin.

Second question, Not really but they did say they were abolishing them as they were out of date and the cards were not used and they had warehouses full of them.

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai, people who went out for dinner and a drink over the weekend will still need to report to immigration on Mon/Tue that they've got back home.

I'm simply sharing my last experience at my local I/O. I specifically asked about completing a TM30 on my return home if I stayed out of province overnight and the hotel had completed a TM30 when I arrived.

I'm not making any predictions on the actions of I/Os. Everyone's experience (such as yours) maybe different and only time will tell what Immigration rules will appear in the future. But thanks for sharing.

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about traveling costs for some people, if I obeyed their stupid law about TM30s every time I did a road trip on my motorbke out of my Province, I would have to do a round trip of about 120Ks.

Download the App. It works well.

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about traveling costs for some people, if I obeyed their stupid law about TM30s every time I did a road trip on my motorbke out of my Province, I would have to do a round trip of about 120Ks.

Hope a certain poster sees this. :cheesy:

On 11/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, petermik said:

A committee is being set up to look into the matter and the findings will be published as a matter of urgency.....err how long can you wait :clap2:

Let's hope next decision a committee will be set up beforehand, embarrasment can be avoided, decisions will make sense for all stakeholders, and were moreover technically implementable.

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Let's hope next decision a committee will be set up beforehand, embarrasment can be avoided, decisions will make sense for all stakeholders, and were moreover technically implementable.

The Decision Committee, made up of morons and buffoons, was taken off the TM30 SNAFU several months ago -- and was asked to work full time in implementing insurance mandates for retirees.

5 minutes ago, JimGant said:

The Decision Committee, made up of morons and buffoons, was taken off the TM30 SNAFU several months ago -- and was asked to work full time in implementing insurance mandates 

I C. 

Well if they are busy on that, maybe we should prepare a bid for advisory committee on Issues affecting non-working extended guests in the country ?

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, NanLaew said:

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai, people who went out for dinner and a drink over the weekend will still need to report to immigration on Mon/Tue that they've got back home.

So CM is strict?  Basic question (sorry if a dumb one but) if I go out of province for two nights and the hotel does a TM30, does that TM30 say I'm staying two nights?  If not, how does immigration know whether the TM30 submitted upon my return is late?  TIA.