Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

20 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Good on you Big Owl sounds like you were very busy this week…got rain here today… actually a bit daily the last week…. Everything is turning green again… 

Yep!

June was decent enough for rain. Not nearly enough from my stand-point. In years between 2009 and 2018 the ponds would have been virtually full by now. Each pond has an overflow pipe 'cause of the ponds overfilling. Wishful thinking in recent years.

Gonna fill the water bowls in the farm loo today. Need Mildred to help me with this. Was gonna do it yesterday, but she didn't go to the farm 'cause she was upset with her mum.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Geoffrey Boycott style Owl, just keep playing that straight bat. The faster they bowl just give em the straight bat back, must demoralise them, especially when it's hot.????

Indeed!

72 runs to win - 4 wickets and 30 overs left. Still Oz favourites but less so as it continues.

• Like 2

Thanks for kind words Rats. Long way to go to sort them out.

Think by the time it's all sorted there will be best part of a million baht down the drain.

Mildred didn't go to school yesterday. So gonna get on with my PP stuff today. And get the pack sent off this week to Key Services.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pickettywitch said:

Still the same old Mess ! I'll be over soon too see the dogs for a new vlog starting soon The misses gets no Better! Yours not mine !LOL

Be good to see you and Mem bro. Dogs will be happy too.

Dogs are fine. Oscar is a beast. Don't like anyone. Only us five. Robert is different. Wants to lick everyone. He is very popular with little kids.

As was said in the last Owl Log; their friend Coffee is not with them for a charge about any more. He was a smashing dog. Sad.

1537242431_0000coffee.png.401573a427010dac9bfb8385abb8bcaf.png

• Love It 1

On 7/2/2023 at 2:36 PM, owl sees all said:

Fist time for a couple of years I actually took an interest in the cricket. Second test is at Lords (Nth/west London). Going on at the mo. Last day today. Lived just up the road from the ground in Cricklewood many moons ago, and had a shop in Wembley. The Ozzies look to be firm favourites to take this one, as they did in Leeds. Swimming starts later this month, and the Tennis at Wimbledon too. But my enthusiasm for it all has, if not waned, then certainly diminished. Or should that be the other way round. Footy next month. Hope I've stopped feeling sorry for myself by then.

Sorry guys. don't know how I could be so silly.

First match was in Edgbaston, Brum. Headingley, Leeds next one.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Owl Mini Log - 12-07-2023 - Wednesday morning

Bought two winning lottery tickets on the way out, and it was time to head off home.

Get me a couple next time you go please Owl , they only sell losing tickets where i live.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sotonowl said:

How's the supply of the old Rosie these days Owl? Are you getting your fair share?

I've been up since 5-45. It's now 10-30. Not had a cup of Rosie yet.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 6:29 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Maybe she has misplaced the arsenic ??

Sorry Owl, only jesting ????

Don't think arsenic is in the frame at the mo. But you never know!

I am trying to change the little saying at the bottom of each post. At the mo' mine reads:

'''If you can keep your head,,,,etc.'''

Anyone know how to go about it? I have managed to change my little pic', but cannot fathom out the quip.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I am trying to change the little saying at the bottom of each post. At the mo' mine reads:

Anyone know how to go about it? I have managed to change my little pic', but cannot fathom out the quip.

Signature 

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Click “owl sees all” at the top right of this page.

Click “account settings”

on the left there will be a menu with the option of “signature”

Edited by HighPriority
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, colinneil said:

Fully agree mate, amazing Issan, never stops amazing me.

Yet there will be no leg over for you, not bowing to the monks, tut, tut, that is a serious offence, you naughty farang you.:cheesy:

I think you mean diary of a farang though, not dairy.

ha ha ha 2 legs over 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Click “owl sees all” at the top right of this page.

Click “account settings”

on the left there will be a menu with the option of “signature”

Got it. Thanks HP.

A bitter and twisted - but still alive (at the mo') - Owl has arrived.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Got it. Thanks HP.

A bitter and twisted - but still alive (at the mo') - Owl has arrived.

There’s also a switch to “ view signature “ on and off which I didn’t realise existed, now see a few posters have a signature !

• Like 1