My wife is a sadistic (word rhymes with witch but starts with B)

sirineou

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I tried already and it doesn't work. The scientific method I found to save time is to try at random. 

Aha !! a percentage man. 

5 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

It works for me.....I eat between 9:30AM & stop by 12 - 2PM  so, about a 5/6 hour eating window = down 15 kilos....

Was about 115-ish/little over & now at 100 kilos @ 6'4"/195.....

Basically, I eat anything I want....

It's pretty easy to get used to....

Thinking about it, This time schedule makes better sense and would consider trying it myself.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BestB said:

I hate dieting and even though in my younger years was competing, always struggled to drop the weight . 

now in older years I found having protein shake instead of a meal in the evening drops 1-2 kg every few days. Now can go from 115kg down to 94kg in less than a month and not suffering 

LOL!  21kg fat loss in less than a month?  That is scientifically impossible.  Assuming a typical basal metabolic rate (BMR) of 1500 calories per day and the fact that something on the order of 7000 calories must be burned to use up 1kg of body fat , a starvation state (no food intake at all) would only yield less than 0.2kg fat loss per day.  That would be about 6kg/month.  Get real and stop with the BS!  I hate it when people promote blatant misinformation!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

she is testing your resolve for you....grovel at the feet of excellence peasant.

I was tested and was found lacking , 

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Suck it up... the noodles that is...

Indeed i suck it up until 12pm and baby sid I suck it up after that,.. The noodles that is:tongue:

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

That I have serious issues is certainly true but calling my wife names is not one of them , we have a great relationship and engage in frequent and satisfying, hallway sex.

In case some of you are not familiar with hallway sex, that where whenever we pass each other in the hallway she greets me with 

"F you , you lazy bum" 

to which I reply

"Screw you you nasty witch   ( in this post remember to replace  all Ws with Bs").

And then she threatens to kick my walls !!:tongue:

You are a lazy wum?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

Yea that's an option, murder is another, But if I did that how would I know which draw she keeps my underwear in?

Search and you will find.

And be ready for the surprise that it is so much simpler without a *itch.

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

Search and you will find.

And be ready for the surprise that it is so much simpler without a *itch.

I grew up with three sisters ,and ex-wife , a daughter,and a present wife, and always in the lookout for a future wife:tongue:.  Without a *itch to torment me, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 

• Haha 1

Your wife just continues with life and does all that is normal.

She strenght you will by staying in her normal routine.

she know that to make you fail she change her daily routine.

Because the neightbours and all places around your still continue the daily routine.

Instead of calling name you have to be greatfull to her that she supports you.

It is your limited view that makes that you blame her for your weakness.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have for about three weeks now , I feel a lot better, Not sure if it's the placebo effect or if it's working.

Don't really need to lose weight just like to feel better and live long enough to inherit all my rich relatives.

Sorry to rain on your parade; however, your rich relatives could well outlive you because they can afford better medical care.

fasting is usually only "difficult" the first time you do it

I don'T do much of intermittent fasting but once a month or two I will go for a few days without eating anything but water and some kind of electrolyte drink to keep the salt balance in check

water fasting it's called. nothing but water and gatorade (or sponsor) a day

I am not old and quite fit and am obviously not a doctor but most people should be able to pull it out, probably not people who have diabetes or medical problems tho

first time I went for 3 days and to be honest didn't really feel all that hungry, even if we have a world class cook downstairs cooking nonstop for her restaurant, I actually got out of one 2 days ago. ate nothing from Wednesday night to Saturday night.

you will lose weight, learn that it's not THAT bad AND it promotes autophagy (https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/what-is-autophagy.html)

long read that link but hey

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Sorry to rain on your parade; however, your rich relatives could well outlive you because they can afford better medical care.

Don't go raining on my parade. I have a plan B.

Formaldehyde 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

Your wife just continues with life and does all that is normal.

She strenght you will by staying in her normal routine.

she know that to make you fail she change her daily routine.

Because the neightbours and all places around your still continue the daily routine.

Instead of calling name you have to be greatfull to her that she supports you.

It is your limited view that makes that you blame her for your weakness.

You do realise this is not a serious thread don't you? It is the farang pub sub forum.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kekalot said:

fasting is usually only "difficult" the first time you do it

I don'T do much of intermittent fasting but once a month or two I will go for a few days without eating anything but water and some kind of electrolyte drink to keep the salt balance in check

water fasting it's called. nothing but water and gatorade (or sponsor) a day

I am not old and quite fit and am obviously not a doctor but most people should be able to pull it out, probably not people who have diabetes or medical problems tho

first time I went for 3 days and to be honest didn't really feel all that hungry, even if we have a world class cook downstairs cooking nonstop for her restaurant, I actually got out of one 2 days ago. ate nothing from Wednesday night to Saturday night.

you will lose weight, learn that it's not THAT bad AND it promotes autophagy (https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/what-is-autophagy.html)

long read that link but hey

Actually people in early stages of diabetes can greatly benefit from intermittent fasting and carb restriction since diabetes is the result of abnormally high levels of insulin.  Lowering insulin levels can result in almost immediate improvement and even reversal of the diabetic state, provided it's done before irreversible metabolic damage is done. 

More and more doctors are beginning to realize this and turning to dietary modification instead of insulin injections as a treatment protocol for early stage diabetes.  Insulin injections, when you think about it, is an insane treatment for diabetes since it amounts to only putting a bandage on an infected wound.  It treats the symptom, not the cause.  It's like treating an alcoholic by giving him/her a drink!

And I agree with your view of water fasting.  I do it myself; 72 hour fasts every few months.  There's a lot of science that's starting to emerge regarding the efficacy of water fasting for metabolic health, and it goes far beyond merely shedding a few pounds of fat for reasons of vanity.

As you mentioned, autophagy is probably the most exciting aspect of it.  The man who is most responsible of our understanding of autophagy, Yoshinori Ohsumi, was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2016 for his research into autophagy, so this is no health-guru mumbo-jumbo...it's the real deal!

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

He could have stopped at the "I'm Australian" and it would have sufficed .:tongue:

Some posters need more detail, they are not as accomplished at deductive and inductive reasoning as others.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Some posters need more detail, they are not as accomplished at deductive and inductive reasoning as others.

Personally I have great respect for Australians, especially the ones voting at the POTY thread soon , when it comes to putting shrimps on the  barbie no one can beat them. 

I suspect my competition  canuckamuck has hacked my account and is making malicious comments under my monocle if an attempt to knock me out of competition. 

• Haha 1

Don't knock Vegemite - when I married my Thai missus twenty years ago in CM she tried it and she said 'chem muk-maak' or, 'too salty', but since we returned to Oz she has now eats toast with Vegemite and avocado slices on it for breakfast, seven days a week and, has done so for the last seven years - I kid you not ! (Honest) - even I can't eat the stuff every day ! Wonder just what they REALLY put in it ? It's supposed to be made from left-over scrap beer hops ?

• Haha 1

Other farang I have known have faked religious holidays and other religious reasons why they can't eat at certain times, must fast on Sundays, or whatever. Sometimes it's the only way to politely excuse yourself from the orgy of eating that consumes many Thai households.