Tourism: Indians "last hope" for Pattaya as Thai media reports massive high season decline

webfact

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot understand all this pessimism! TAT has assured us all that numbers are increasing all the time and that these stupendously wealthy and profligate Indians will fix all our problems 5555!

If in doubt, close your eyes and make up some new (even bigger) numbers!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Many come to Thailand to hold their lavish weddings.

The sumptuous marriage has already taken place in India;
they come to Pattaya to relax, go to the beach and when they see it they are afraid.
and as they come with the new bride and the family there is no chance they will get into a soapy or go in a gogo to ask how much is the barfine .

When I go to Frankfurt, I do not take my sausage with me. :crazy:

The Chinese and South Koreans are increasingly going to Vietnam instead of Thailand.

And the Brits ....... been there 4x for holidays this year.

My entertainment budget in Thailand has been cut to almost ZERO.

(bottle of Hong Thong a month @ 250bht)

Quoting figures from deputy mayor Manote Nongyai the media reported that hotel bookings in Pattaya since the middle of October - the start of the High Season - have dropped dramatically by 20%. 

It is not really surprising, Pattaya must be the most expensive building site in the world why would anyone come for a holiday........LOL

14 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Collectively the Thais running the tourist industry have peed in the soup. The rampant overcharging, the petty IOs, <deleted> hours long wait at immigration in Suvarnabhumi with half the booths unstaffed, corrupt cops, overcharging tut-tuk and taxi drivers, dirty hotel rooms not been painted in 25 years, sewage flowing through the streets if there is a hint of rain, rats running around the roads in the evening, petty rules about smoking on the beach and having umbrellas, rip-off jet ski operators...add it all up and there are few reasons to go to Pattaya.

You forget the air pollution, the sewer odor in half of the city, the crazy road traffic

the roadworks everywhere, the dangerous or missing sidewalks, the dirty beach

and the disgusting sea water, and 2 or 3 others minors issues

in fact it's an endless list

but at least you can still have some cheap hot pussy if you are lucky

32 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

Real tourists have no problems coming into Thailand.  Broke foreigners who try to live here on tourist and student visas are the ones not welcome.

Broke foreigners have families and friends that come for holidays.

My Brit sons best mate is in Krabi/Ao Nang/Pi Pi for two weeks at this very moment.

He said he won't be coming again, didn't like Ao Nang or Krabi at all, enjoyed Pi Pi.

I told him to go to Vietnam next time.

If you want anybody come to Thailand i think it is  a good idea to treat people with respect at the airport.I saw how people are treated at visa on arrival and it is a disgrace. These people were Indian and Chinese and having to wait up to 2 hours for a visa approval.

One of these people was my wife who is Chinese and she has  vowed never to come back here due to the grubby treatment she received.

As I am Australia we had to go via different  lanes and I had to endure the 2 hour while she got the third degree.

Only later did we read there is a fast lane for visas on arrival and requires a little money.   I have no idea  what this country is coming to but  from our conversations with fellow  foreigners here it is all the same story. To expensive  retirement visas which require you get via an agent and  most are looking elsewhere to live. 

The last person please turn of the lights. 

17 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

Was sat in a bar on Walking street several week ago and 2 Indian gents came and sat at the bar ordering 1 Spy and and glass. One drank from the bottle and the other from the glass sharing the drink. Big spenders???

They probably already spent 19,900 baht up the road and down to their last 100 baht of the daily allowance.  

In 2018 a total of 14,259,261 tourists visited Pattaya, Thailand's leading resort. 

Of these 4,939,657 were Thai and 9,319,604 were foreign tourists. 

How on earth do they get figures as accurate as this. Impossible.

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

It's actually a cultural thing. There are no suggested retail prices in India. Nothing is labeled, so it pays to talk with several vendors before making a significant purchase and so they do it here as a matter of routine. 

Frustrating for the vendor, yes, but it's quite normal for them. ????

thai's simply don't understand "indian'ness"

When 2 guys from Sweden comes they book a room each. When Indian comes they are 2 in a room. Those high spenders must be the same as I seen 8 years in beach road where 5 India guys try to have Sex with 1 girl and are bargaining as if it was their last bath. I could sit here and flame but I just dint have power

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

It's actually a cultural thing. There are no suggested retail prices in India. Nothing is labeled, so it pays to talk with several vendors before making a significant purchase and so they do it here as a matter of routine. 

Frustrating for the vendor, yes, but it's quite normal for them. ????

A bit like a Thai market then .............

If there's no price displayed, walk on by.

Ask a Thai who their not  a super fan off and Indians will be in the top3 

Chinese don't spend  Russians are are rude.. 

Thai Tourism is on the way out 

My friend in Phuket said its bad the farangs are dissappearing and so is the money. 

Its cheaper for a Australian to go to the Solomon islands for 2 weeks and stay in a 4 star resort and swim in Prestine waters then going to Pattaya in 2019 

I'm out been here in Bkk for 10 yrs and its time  to go  home this place has lost its charm its smile and its warmth its sad such amazing country collapsing on its own greed 

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not just Pattaya Phuket is the same

I'm not too sure about that. I have been following the rooms available in Phuket for our Dec 20 - 29th dive trip to Phuket and am finding fewer and fewer hotels that have 2 rooms available (or any at all) as time goes by.

Archived