Tourism: Indians "last hope" for Pattaya as Thai media reports massive high season decline

webfact

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Have you considered the possibility that this may all be being done deliberately because the military government doesn't want tourism?

No,it’s simple incompetence and arrogance. The death of tourism in the country and the ramifications that would bring would spell huge trouble for them likely leading to their demise 

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

Your problem is Indians aren't big spenders , they would much rather share and save and the baht is still to high for them to spend up just like most tourists . The only hope is that the economy crashes sooner rather than later and tourists can afford to come back but until then this is what to expect .

your right i have just been in hcmc its packed chinese and white people there and i am now in philippines and again full of more whites i ever seen here english oz yanks  place is buzzing chinese overload too  no one going to a country people are treated poorly by and thats thailand i love the normal people there but rich clowns spoil it for all . They must learn hard way so why should i go to a <deleted> hole run by clowns exploiting people to get on and its fab here philippines on the up i been going here 14 years poor before but many whites never seen so many and drink now charge  san mig 38 baht a bottle im spending far less than in thailand People know its <deleted> there now been going there 20 years like many saw the changes .Listen thailand finished for now ask the working class just trying to survive there and not good for them as many thais make just trying to get by but now bad for them .

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The article says 10,000 per day

ye right 100 baht a day chinese spend and more like and indian 150 baht  what <deleted> i see chinese standing in closed bars in the morning 5 of them women eating noodles from 7 eleven this rubbish do you think we are stupid ? russians too spending nothing welcome to them as normal thais who work see the chaos and no money so thailand people are the sufferers not the goverment whens the next militarycoo must be due .

Never seen so much garbage in my life everybody else sees it so is that like chinese propaganda tell it and all believe im spending my money elsewhere now where i get happy greetings . Thailand land of empty people as no one going for last few years i popped in hcmc and philippines packed with whites and chinese and some indians Sorry thailand finished for now i am afraid .

Big spending and Indians should not be mentioned in the same paragraph. And what a contradiction the big spending Indians are attached by the relaxed visa fees. Who writes this garbage ? Last point the bargirls will be thrilled to find 5 of them waiting in a room after the cheap deal has been struck. Good look Thailand if you’re relying on these stinkers.

9 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

hate to say to it, but shouldn't have mucked around with natural growth of Pattaya businesses that took decades to evolve.

Yes that's the true it takes very long time to grow but crashes fast 

Rent is too much hotel's are too much and tax is way too much and the strong bath 

After you have problems 

but just build more hotels no worries

And after the charming is gone too 

But it's the same as they can not drive a car or a bike but you can not stop them from driving in their own country 

As can not stop them in destruction of this its gone too far for too long 

But for all of us and the people here I hope they realise it soon and put an end to it 

IMO having spent many years in China they like to brag about 

where they’ve traveled aboard instead of the same place over

and over add different destinations.

The easiest places for visas early on was HK,Thailand and Singapore were on the list. Travel agents handled getting

group tours.... if you’re wondering I went on the tour once

Because of family members it sucked.

One of the gals in Shanghai office went to Japan I asked curious 

why Japan.... she said so her son could see it... he’s 3 years old..

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

You say that because you do not know the hidden charms of Issan ????;

The most beautiful girls of Issan are never going to work in Pattaya, they stay in Issan in such small villages that it is almost impossible to find them  :tongue: 

I have lived for many years in this kind of village; it's heaven on earth ...:thumbsup:

You got that right.  I married a wonderful lady from Isaan.  You can find them working in HomePro and Global House in Isaan.  Not bar girls, real farm girls.

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The article says 10,000 per day

They said initially that the chinese were spending more a day then the falang, the chinese at the time were spending 7000+/day.

Indians have never been big spenders in Thailand, the few Indian families I have seen in Pattaya, are actually mortified when they see the beer bars and the girls.
the Indians that go for the beer bars and agogo's aren't big spenders at all. Maybe the first time they walk in and see all the juicy flesh but afterwards they show to be real
cheap charlies. 

As it happens, my new girlfriends cousin has landed her such an Indian, he did spend some money as he fell in love but told her initially he was Malaysian, stayed in a cheap ass room, but tried to convince her he owned a laundromat. All fake news ofcourse, he gave her some money to open a pizza stand but even that failed, too much work for far to little money. And after his holiday was finished, he used the excuse he had to go to Bangkok for something and the next day he called from India he was back home without giving any money for support. The latest I heard he was coming back to Pattaya for her for a few days, gave the excuse that in India they can only receive money but not send money through Western Union (What a load of <deleted>), and he told her he needed to stay in MY girlfriends condo when he came on holiday for those few days, yeah right, like 
I am going to allow that to happen.

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i know what i am going to say is a stereotypical comment about Indian people, but I saw it with my own eyes. I could not believe how they were grinding the massage ladies on price in Pattaya. I stood there and watched for a while outside a large shop. The one lady was holding her ground but it was brutal. 

Indians are my only customers who ask for a discount of 30 - 40%. Westerners never do ...
Get happy with your high spending Indians!
I only wonder how TAT and friends make their calculations up.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Normal people just like me. :clap2:  

Ah ..... Setting the bar for normal.

Hmmm.......There are times when I can't guarantee getting over that. Could you lower it a bit ...A few inches will do.

Oops .....I meant millimeters.

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i know what i am going to say is a stereotypical comment about Indian people, but I saw it with my own eyes. I could not believe how they were grinding the massage ladies on price in Pattaya. I stood there and watched for a while outside a large shop. The one lady was holding her ground but it was brutal. 

That's absolutely correct. I dealt with Indians in a business capacity for many years and they wont stop grinding a price down until you're just about ready to kill them. They are shameless. 

Som nam na!!! Not saying Indians are the best of toursists (every nationality has its own foibles) but if I was one, I would make it a point NOT to be your 'last hope', after reading your stupid nonsense. Thailand, you asked for it, so here it is. Enjoy the ride down south!

19 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

May be they should have stayed with what made Pattaya big: bars, bargirls, prostitutes

Yep.....no true a word said...fun and party 24/7 for next to nothing. Spearmint Rhinos in London is now cheaper than an issan middle aged Mum with stretchmarks

Archived