Best 10 Airlines 2020 announced, no sign of THAI

webfact

Best 10 Airlines 2020 announced, no sign of THAI

By THE NATION

800_09e2173cceeba84.jpg?v=1574819470

AirlineRatings (www.airlineratings.com) has announced its ranking of the Best 10 Airlines 2020 with no sign of Thai Airways International (THAI). However, Thailand’s national carrier did claim the last spot in last year’s top 10 ranking by Skytrax.

According to AirlineRatings’ website, the rankings were judged by seven editors with more than 200 years of industry experience between them, combined with major safety and government audits and based on 12 key criteria including fleet age, passenger reviews, profitability, investment rating, product offerings, and staff relations.

The Best 10 Airlines 2020 are as follows:

1. Air New Zealand

2. Singapore Airlines

3. All Nippon Airways

4. Qantas

5. Cathay Pacific Airways

6. Emirates

7. Virgin Atlantic

8. EVA Air

9. Qatar Airways

10. Virgin Australia

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-27
  • Like 2

Care for another list from this month :biggrin:

https://www.businessinsider.com/best-airlines-in-the-world-2019-skytrax-rankings-2019-6

Thai Air on #10.

What surprised me on the list from the OP is the fall of Qatar (which is #1 in the list here).

Here Air New Zealand on #16!

Now make your own list.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Just now, Thainesss said:

As a person who fly's often, my main focus point is the seat. Nothing else matters. 

These editorials are deceptive and annoying because lets be honest - of all the people flying, are you choosing your flights based on the "food" and "service" and "safety record" or on the price and seat configuration. 

I boycot airlines where babies can fly for free or reduced tariff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

I boycot airlines where babies can fly for free or reduced tariff.

I boycott airlines that have premium economy seats that are the same width as regular economy. 

I also boycott airlines that don't have reverse herringbone seat configurations in business class.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

As a person who fly's often, my main focus point is the seat. Nothing else matters. 

Flying economy I look for a bit more like in-time service, safety record, age and type of planes, quality of (hub) airports.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Care for another list from this month :biggrin:

https://www.businessinsider.com/best-airlines-in-the-world-2019-skytrax-rankings-2019-6

Thai Air on #10.

What surprised me on the list from the OP is the fall of Qatar (which is #1 in the list here).

Here Air New Zealand on #16!

Now make your own list.

2018 listed but still cannot believe it. 

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

These editorials are deceptive and annoying because lets be honest - of all the people flying, are you choosing your flights based on the "food" and "service" and "safety record" or on the price and seat configuration. 

It depends. I fly F so yes, seat does matter but just as equally important so does the service I receive, both on the ground and in the air. Price does play a part but I've switched recently from Emirates to Thai mainly because it's a direct flight. Thai is often more expensive.

Edited by Chelseafan

Of course THAI isn't there. They keep falling. They're on the verge of going BK. That has to effect their standards.

And if they want to survive they need to lower their prices. I fly all the time in and out of BKK and they never come up in a search for near the lowest price, while fine airlines like Qatar and Singapore come up all the time.

Why is that?

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

I boycott airlines that have premium economy seats that are the same width as regular economy. 

I also boycott airlines that don't have reverse herringbone seat configurations in business class.  

Japan has bigger economy seats ,Now they are Great, no need economy plus