British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

On 12/13/2019 at 5:27 AM, Chelseafan said:

Baht already soaring at 40.65.

Well, 39.9 when you actually want to practically exchange. A rise of 2% from just before the elections results were announced though. I expect this différence will grow even more as the Brexit agreement will be signed off, say, the 31st of January. 2020 Looking further, The Brexit is only dealing with leaving the EU, not the future commercial relationship of the UK with the EU. That is expected to be sorted around December 2020 by the (optimistic) UK, much later by the EU. So, we will have to see...

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Only the UK system would provide that interpretation, 52% of the vote went to parties supporting a second referendum.

Labour paved the way with their choice of leader, Jonson may have won the battle but the UK has lost the war.

So your conclusion is that voters who were upset with idea of leaving the EU decided to vote for Boris since Corbyn was a poor leader. Similarly, Liberal Democrats who's been fighting Brexit with their bare hands felt upset with the idea of a chance to stop Brexit and therefore decided to vote for the Conservatives?

If I didn't know any better I'd say that's Monty Python-material, right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Time to give it a rest ,we the majority won ,you the minority lost .  get a new leader and different policies ,then come back in 5 years .

Cannot disagree with that. With his huge majority he can bulldoze ahead with many Dom.Cum reforms; but why in the manifesto does Boris ask for cross-party talks for the "dementia tax" / no-one shall have to sell their house to pay for care? Having already had 10 years to do something about it, might he be afraid that he may be held to account for an unwelcome attack on inheritance tax?!

9 hours ago, sandyf said:

The election results would say otherwise.

Nicola Sturgeon got 81% of the available seats in Scotland.

What percentage of the available seats in England did Bojo get.

Quite obvious which leader won the election.

Don’t continue to make a fool of yourself.

Even you know that 48 seats from 1.2m votes is not the same as 365 seats from 14m votes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I just can't believe how arrogant Corbyn and his inner sanctum are, Corbyn doesn't think it is his fault, but it's all the fault of Brexit, when Labour voters are voting Tory in remain seats, it is his fault. He hasn't had the decency to immediately resign, but he is going to hang on for another 4 or 5 months with the look of it.

Or maybe longer. ????

2 hours ago, vogie said:

LABOUR PARTY DEBRIEFING:

"I just don't get it, we've spent the last 3 and a half years calling working class people fascist scum, nazi pigs, Little Englanders, Brex<deleted>ters and morons and then when you ask for their vote the bastards vote against us." (Lee Hurst) 

As a working class man born and bred, I am aghast at any suggestion that Lee Hurst is anything like me. 

Lee Hurst does not speak for all working class people - only the nasty racist ones.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Time to give it a rest ,we the majority won ,you the minority lost .  get a new leader and different policies ,then come back in 5 years .

I wouldn't push it if I were you guys. Most of you are Hard Brexiteers and supporters of the policies of the Brexit Party (and some the nasty UKIP). Even Nigel Farage recognises that the Hard Brexit project is on a back burner with Boris now. Personally there were two things I wanted as priority: first, that Corbyn didn't get to be PM and second that Hard Brexit does not happen. A compromise. And you Hard Brexiteers have had to compromise as well. As for the 5 years, could be 10. That's the extent of how far the Labour Party has sunk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I just can't believe how arrogant Corbyn and his inner sanctum are, Corbyn doesn't think it is his fault, but it's all the fault of Brexit, when Labour voters are voting Tory in remain seats, it is his fault. He hasn't had the decency to immediately resign, but he is going to hang on for another 4 or 5 months with the look of it.

But you have already said ..... another 5 years till an election: what's the rush? McDonnell going, someone should face the initial task of finding a successor - not like David Cameron who said he would stay, then bolted and left us with Teresa May for those disastrous negotiations and prolonged delay? Great move .....

6 minutes ago, Nanglon said:

But you have already said ..... another 5 years till an election: what's the rush? McDonnell going, someone should face the initial task of finding a successor - not like David Cameron who said he would stay, then bolted and left us with Teresa May for those disastrous negotiations and prolonged delay? Great move .....

No rush for the Tories, I would have thought after his spell in office most Labour voters and Labour members would be glad to see the back of him, it just goes to show how arrogant and selfish the man is, but if you are happy with him, that's fine by me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

On here leavers have been called all the names he has mentioned and I'm sure that this site is not the only one where brexiteers have been very badly vilified for having the audacity to vote the wrong way. The Labour Party now is the nasty party and some of its supporters are vile, so whether you like him or not he is not lying.

These are the kind of people we have in Corbyns Labour Party now.

There is no denying that the brexit vote was for some based on racism. Nothing wrong with calling racists racists, no matter the party. 

• Like 2

Just now, stevenl said:

There is no denying that the brexit vote was for some based on racism. Nothing wrong with calling racists racists, no matter the party. 

Absolutely correct, but it would seem heavily biased to the fascist left, you don't see may Tories taking to the streets contesting democracy now do you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If you are referring to antisemitism, I am wholly confident that 99% of those who jumped on the antisemitism bandwagon couldn't give two sh!ts about Jews; rather, they saw this as a stick with which to beat their potential Brexit threat.

What's worse - antisemitism or the cynical exploitation of it for your own ends?

Do not twist my post RR, I said for 3 and a half years now we have been called every name under the sun for "voting the wrong way" I never mentioned antisemitism!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do not twist my post RR, I said for 3 and a half years now we have been called every name under the sun for "voting the wrong way" I never mentioned antisemitism!

So in what way is labour now the nasty party? Magic grandpa may be feckless, but nasty?

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Having Diane Abbott as Home Secretary would be enough for most people, John the Marxist Mcdonnall as Shadow home secretary wanting to give medals to IRA bombers for blowing us all up, saying he was sorry that the Brighton bomb didn't kill Margaret Thatcher. Jeremy Corbyn meeting up with nearly every terrorist group in the world and then lying about it. Is that enough to be chewing on for now?

Vogie, Just gloat about your victory, do not keep spouting election Project Fear of Corbynism - it's taken a mortal blow. At least Diane Abbott did not use her abacus with Chris Grayling when he alone lost £2.7 bn as Transport Secretary, and whom you lot have just RE-ELECTED!!! And yes, Labour and the Lib Dems contrived to allow the insult of a Tory MP for Kensington where they showed f-all leadership pre- and post Grenfell ...... and I bet Boris would never show compassion and support to the survivors as Jeremy Corbyn has, regardless of his ineffectual opposition leader stint. Sinn Fein and SDLP made gains over the DUP ...... see, eventually someone will have to talk with the political wing to save the union.

57 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Just seen Boris make another thank you speech in "Teflon Tony,s"old stomping ground....Sedgefield. Nice full of humility and praise for the people who voted his party in,very humble imo a nice touch. Good luck to him and what he could achieve.

Good luck to Boris, indeed.  Stated previously, it's possible he remains in #10 for the next 10 years.  If so (or not), safe to say Interesting times/theatre awaits!

SIT

32 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So in what way is labour now the nasty party? Magic grandpa may be feckless, but nasty?

Maybe ask the Jews that question. A man who claims to be a peacemaker, but only sits down with one side, the terrorist organisations Hamas and Hezbollah, and takes donations from Holocaust denying Iran. 

Or maybe ask families of the victims of IRA bombs about the man who repeatedly showed support for the 'struggle'. 

Good intentions or not, Corbyn has a pretty extreme agenda. The Labour Party will never win an election until they get a more moderate leader in place. 

• Like 2