Thousands join biggest protest for years in Thai capital

rooster59

27 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Democracy might be slightly overrated, as it assumes the participants are mostly honest and actually love their own country and are not "bought and paid for" by a hostile foreign power AHEM.

I'm not sure if democracy does much assuming of participants honesty and love for their country but it does give the people the power to choose which dishonest corrupt lying thieves make the laws for their own behalf whereas a trictatorship denies the people that opportunity as is the case in Thailand. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

For information about this, the thai uncensored ones much better. I read English ones before, have lot of mistake. They not really understand and not know about who is who. 

I think thai name is difficult for caucasion reporter to remember. So they not see how all is link together and the history.

I don't think that you have tried to access the website. It's banned in Thailand, you can't veiw it. The message you get instead of displaying the website is telling.

• Confused 1

The current Politics and Government has to be seen as a joke!

If you speak out the "junta" will send you and your family to the adjustment center. Sad but true.

It was shown just last week by the win of "Boris Johnson" United Kingdoms majority prime minister that was annonced within 48 hours.

Is a corrupt government really the answer

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Just look at the pictures. Those attending are not the down and out or the poor. Nor Hi-Sos'. They are the people who work for a living, attend college and university and are Thailand's future.  For all his money, I believe Thanathorn really wants to see a real democratic Thailand run by politicians who care for the people rather than themselves and their elite military friends

Let's see.

The main problem which I see with him is that he is willing to work with Thaksin. And I can't believe any honest person would want to work together with Thaksin.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I don't think that you have tried to access the website. It's banned in Thailand, you can't veiw it. The message you get instead of displaying the website is telling.

the daily mail?? uk daily mail?

i am reading it now on 3bb

its not banned

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

How about you give Thanatorn the benefit of the doubt and judge him based off the content of his character. 

And apparently there was a good mix of people there yesterday. Not just mostly the young, but also equally as many middle-aged and older people. 

Yes, let's see.

I am not anti Thanatorn. But I am also not so blind that I think he started in politics only because he wants to do good.

What did he do in the last 10 years for the people of Thailand? What is his record?

It's easy to promise a lot. Let's see where this goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

No, you are not bound to work with criminals or people who support criminals - even if they are the enemy of your enemy.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

There aren't any honest people at any level of power in Thailand, so no problem there.

Is that the way it has to be?

Imagine some honest people in Thai politics. I would guess lots of people would love to see an honest alternative and they would vote for such an alternative.

4 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

the daily mail?? uk daily mail?

i am reading it now on 3bb

its not banned

Was blocked for several years due to Andrew Drummond being one of it's reporters. Just tried it myself and you are correct, must have been recently unblocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Remember Ww2 the west fought together with the Communists ….. just until they won ….then they became the cold war enemy …. , and meantime Werner von Braun the " father of the V1 rocket bomb" was spared by the Americans as very usable (amongst many others ) 

Strange bedfellows in politics and ware because common and personal interests 

Politics.....& diplomacy …..

Imagine Thanathorn would distance himself from any of the known corrupt and/or criminal politicians in Thailand.

And imagine he would make sure that any politician in his party who is not up to standard would be thrown out of the party.

Wouldn't that be a great start for a bright future?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine Thanathorn would distance himself from any of the known corrupt and/or criminal politicians in Thailand.

And imagine he would make sure that any politician in his party who is not up to standard would be thrown out of the party.

And imagine he would win or even  stay alive alone whiteout allies ……. ? 

And then.... the morning clock woke you up ….. another day of reality to start with !

to many "imagines" ...that it is a perfect world 

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Was blocked for several years due to Andrew Drummond being one of it's reporters. Just tried it myself and you are correct, must have been recently unblocked.

About a year now. They must have gotten over it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I can get it. 

Front page about Boris.

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Tahnkyou.

that one not important, thai not read it.

have many Thai language one. Not censor. Sure.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Jessi said:

@5PM in BKK yesterday reminds me of "The people power" movement in the Philippines against Marcos years ago.

Movement promote from Vatican, I not see same movement in Thailand on the next future but the recent visit Pope maybe is not a coincidence.

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

a very nice ….,wonderful   ………….dream , check your morning clock ,it could have a failure or battery down …..????

yes it would be wonderful if.....You play this  in a Democracy contest not against a junta

Edited by david555