Advice regarding tiling

Good day,

We have recently bought a house in the Nawamin area and decided to have the downstairs floors re-tiled.

Can anybody please advice on the following. The existing tiles are the original laid when the house was built +35 yeas ago.

They are in good condition, no cracks or breakages. The foundations are sound. 

Will I be able to lay the new tiles over the originals?

Can anybody recommend a company that will do the job properly?

And finally what sort of pricing would I be looking at?

The job would be for an area of +/-8m x 4m and one of 3m x 2m.

Thanks in anticipation

All our retile have involved destruction of tiles and making holes in floor for new cement to hold on.  Would your doors still fit with higher floors?  It is really not hard for them do remove and really not that messy and done quite quickly.  This is normally not a company but tile worker and one or two helpers that you get from recommendations of others.  Sorry do not recall costs and have not done recently.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Just now, lopburi3 said:

All our retile have involved destruction of tiles and making holes in floor for new cement to hold on.  Would your doors still fit with higher floors?  It is really not hard for them do remove and really not that messy and done quite quickly.  This is normally not a company but tile worker and one or two helpers that you get from recommendations of others.  Sorry do not recall costs and have not done recently.

Thanks lopburi3. I must admit I never thought about the doors. I guess if I went that way they'd have to be trimmed and re-hung and they are big doors. I think maybe go your will be best. I am a stranger to the area, in Bangkok in general know very few people, so hopefully somebody will come up will recommendations.