Thai tourism: TAT turn to fortune teller for help

webfact

Thai tourism: TAT turn to fortune teller for help

7pm.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand have turned to a fortune teller to help promote the country.

Dr Khatha Chinbanchorn is a tarot card forecaster and feng shui master.

He has been hired as a presenter for the TAT's "Positive Energy" tourism project. 

He is the man in the white pants in our picture from Spring News. 

Director of TAT marketing Wannapha Kiatpongsa said that the project celebrates the organization's 60th anniversary. 

It aims to focus on positive energy, environmental awareness, less trash and the gaining of merit. 

7pm1.jpg

Dr Khatha - Tarot (Gipsy Cards) forecaster and Feng Shui master presents the project

One of the companies onboard is Big C who said that Dr Khatha had already taken 200 card members  on five trips to upcountry temples to make merit. Everybody had a wonderful time. 

Others partners in the project are Mono Group, Fortune hotels, PTG Energy and Air Asia. A launch of the project was held at Bangkok's Grand Mercure. 

Thaivisa notes that the hiring of a fortune teller will cause mirth in some circles after the TAT were accused of plucking forecasts and statistics from the ether.

Some people believe that problems on the ground are severe and drastic action is needed to help tourism in the kingdom as reports of a 20-40% downturn are being made. 

The TAT have claimed that tourism is up but perhaps not by as much as was hoped. 

Source: Spring News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-18

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

According to Airbnb occupancy rate in Phuket is down to 35%

According to Booking.com it is down to 30% 

This is serious stuff 

Pattaya down 40% last week, Samui down 30% this week and Phuket 30-35%.

Time to put the prices up!  

The guys down at the local will be well pleased with me tonight when I bring them this latest news on tourism. You would love it...they're like little kids waiting on the edge of their seats in full anticipation of whatever latest news I might have for them concerning the latest tourism figures in Thailand.. . Then, after I have enlightened them.. we all get down to the "serious" business at hand.."gulping down as many pints as we can before closing time".

It's not an easy life...but somebody has to do it.

There is desperation, and then there is the TAT! Everything is to blame, but themselves. Geez. What's next - everyone wears a super-powerful amulet to ward off negative energy and voila! a pile of money and a stack of gold will appear by the wearers' bedsides the next morning? And you lot complain about the cynicism and wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Actually, why the panic? Didn't the tourism boss already say tourism will pick up by seven percent during the new year period and that the Chinese are on their way back and in fact, their arrivals will double in a decade, or some <deleted> like that?

What a bunch of class-act muppets.

5 minutes ago, outsider said:

There is desperation, and then there is the TAT! Everything is to blame, but themselves. Geez. What's next - everyone wears a super-powerful amulet to ward off negative energy and voila! a pile of money and a stack of gold will appear by the wearers' bedsides the next morning? And you lot complain about the cynicism and wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Actually, why the panic? Didn't the tourism boss already say tourism will pick up by seven percent during the new year period and that the Chinese are on their way back and in fact, their arrivals will double in a decade, or some <deleted> like that?

What a bunch of class-act muppets.

you forgot about the Indians coming in droves

37 minutes ago, outsider said:

There is desperation, and then there is the TAT! Everything is to blame, but themselves. Geez.

Personally, having studied a bit of "Feng Shui", i think there is something into it.

Possibly, some "fortune teller" is not a complete fraud.

Yet, i have to agree that this sounds completely desperate.

Archived