Thai gf kid ignores me

dd1988

Been dating thai gf for 1 year.  Ive been in thailand off and on since.  

Her kid speaks english ok but wont speak it around me unless forced bt her mother.  She hasnt made eye contact with me since my recent visit either.  I dont get a sa wad dee either unless forced by mom.

Is this normal? Kind of pisses me off. I was considering moving them to my home country but could not tolerste her rude brattish behavior

Edited by dd1988
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

No easy way to  say. Each situation is  different. How  old is she?

12.  Her mom has to yell at her to get her to say hello to me.  

My gut tells me that her kid is  slightly narcissistic and maybe recieves to much praise from her mom.  Her kid does not get enouhh socialization outside of school maybe this is a contributing factor. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dd1988 said:

12.  Her mom has to yell at her to get her to say hello to me.  

My gut tells me that her kid is  slightly narcissistic and maybe recieves to much praise from her mom.  Her kid does not get enouhh socialization outside of school maybe this is a contributing factor. 

So many  variables. Only  you  have  any real knowledge of the situation  but the most obvious is that there is  now an adversarery element that is  3 ways. Your  GF wants to  protect  her relationship with  you and her daughter. The daughter wants the same with her mother. A degree of  jealousy? Who are  you to her?. You  want  what? Do  you have children  already  to understand  family ways? If she understands  English  she understands  what you  say to her  Mother. In that  conversation do you include  her in any inclusive way  other than maybe against? Even  your  facial expression  can say a lot  she  does  not  like. Or  you  her's.

At 12  she  knows  what is  expected socially/culturally  but if she refuses then best way is to ignore  it  but always  greet or  speak directly  to her in the  nicest  manner. And ask  your  GF  to  not  yell at her  but  just quietly suggest.

As I  said  there are so many variables  specific to a  relationship.

Up to  you  collectively  to  work it out.

• Like 1

Of course its normal, Your not her real dad and Your dating her mom and expect her to not have feelings for you, may it be positive or negative???... How would you feel if the shoes is on the other hand......Its not a Thailand thing as many kids all in all countries behave like that towards others dating their parents at first as dont take it to personal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

No eye contact... Autism? 

Is the child communicative with Thai strangers ?  

I think about that also. Autism. Is common in Thailand, sometimes hard to see it. 

If not, the mother so lazy to teach. 

Or 

maybe daughter rape before. Hate man.

• Like 2