In historic moment, U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power

webfact

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Basically she wants to try and influence the senate and make sure the congress somehow controls what's next. The thing is congress did its job. Their oversight is now over. 

Congress’s job is far from over. Nancy has to appoint a prosecution team from amongst house lawmakers yet, to prosecute the trial in the senate... even if the jury pool is tainted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Wrong. Congress has other things do do before it can send the articles to senate.

The senate cannot do anything with no charges before it.

I hope congress just refuses to send it for trial. Then trump will blow his hair out of place by being the president impeached but not acquitted.

Of course the senate doesn't do anything if they don't send it. This whole thing could be over before it comes to that. That's a good outcome for all. It would make the dems look pretty inept however. We had to do this so urgently for national security and can't walk the articles across the hall. What a win. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Nancy also has the option of now waiting until the whitehouse lawyer gets a supreme court decision on answering the subpoena.

If that comes back for congress then mulvaney pompeo etc will have to give evidence. 

Then she can send to the senate.  I think she just played a great game.

She would have done that in the first place but knows she won't get the decision she wants out of the SCOTUS

• Like 2

Its very much appreciated that after the gradual demise of the quality of stuff coming out of Hollywood that America has provided real life observational comedy in the form of the much vaunted 'Dimacracie' to fill the void.

Reagan was funny, Arnie as Governor was hilarious.

But I have to say, putting the nearest current thing you have to Oliver Hardy with the permanently angry wife figure (Pelosi) as his nemesis is a masterstroke.

Thanks for the laughs but it will be stale by next year.

How about you vote in Gabriel Inglesias next time so we can all enjoy the show? ????

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

Impeachment in the US, Brexit nightmare in the UK, Australia's economy is shot to pieces !

can someone give out some good news for a change

Picture earth 2016-2020: division, tariff, hates, regression, and twitter politcian. 

Luckily there aren't a nuclear war already compare to 1914-1930. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Beyond farcical. This spells doom to the democrat party. I don't think anybody even has any idea why he is being impeached? Because Ambassador Sondland "presumed" there was quid pro quo? Just shocking how bad the democrat party has handled this and let down the American people.

I trust in the judgement the American people will decide in November 2020. Roll on the Trump Train!!

Ok, tell us your chosen conspiracy theory 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Hopefully McConnell passes a resolution for acquittal citing delinquency and ineptitude of congress (Pelosi).

In sporting terms it's called a walkover. Once again Trump walks all over Pelosi. Great play.

This scenario would probably be the best result for the democrats, handing them a huge PR bashing stick come the next senatorial election ????

14 hours ago, chokrai said:

Well congrats to Obama, Clinton and the rest of the Democrats. Mission accomplished you have managed to make half of the country hate the other half. Well done. I hope you all live long enough to reap what you have sown.

I think you mistaken someone rides division & hate to the potus chair. And set a silly example for the world. Or just having really warped memory. 

Not mention to stir global hostility like start tariff war vs. world, rage quitting Paris agreement, refusing proven scientific evidence of global warming, and befriending conspiracist A. Jones who's also very good at hate speech

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If you knowingly collude with a foreign government to seek domestic political advantage over a rival, you deserve to be impeached. Very few with a fully functioning brain can deny what has happened, they just show their lack of moral fibre, when trying to defend the undefendable.

What collusion?  And are you saying if someone commits a crime, all they need to do is run for President and they cannot be investigated?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, yourauntbob said:

Thats rich coming from the party of Schiff.  You know the one who didnt let the Republicans call any witnesses, allowed one of their witnesses to question another witness.  Brought in "law professors" with no first hand knowledge of what happened.  One of which is on camera saying she hates Trump so much she needs to cross the street when passing one of his hotels.  

Yea, the Democrats really care about a fair trial.  News flash, its all a crock of ____.  She isnt sending the artilces because she knows a fair trial will show everyone what a farce this whole thing has been.  

You seem confused. The house didn't run any kind of trial. That wasn't their role. They have developed and passed articles of impeachment. The trial phase happens in the senate (if it ever gets sent there). It's also not true that the republicans weren't allowed any witnesses, just not all that they wanted. Yes the house majority called in impeachment constitutional law scholars, three that supported this impeachment and one that didn't. 

As far as a fair trial for 45 in the senate, if 45 is so clean, why is the white house so afraid of having Bolton and Mulvaney testify? Answer is obvious -- he is NOT clean!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

WAPO composing their Christmas shopping list....nothing else. LOL. 

As there is no precedent for this bizarre act by Pelosi, I suggest Chief Justice Roberts start acting like a judge and order the articles to be submitted within a reasonable time frame if the trial is to proceed. Otherwise declare it a mistrial and expunge the whole damn thing from the record.

If this isn't sent to the senate (I think it will be eventually) there is no trial to call a mistrial. As far as the voted on and passed articles of impeachment by the house, there is nothing that can ever be done to undo that part of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

WAPO composing their Christmas shopping list....nothing else. LOL.

While the dems were busy beating their chest and being distracted by shiny objects the senate was getting it done. Regardless if Trump wins or loses (and even the most fanatic liberals seem to be realizing he is very likely to win) there is still nearly a year to stack the courts. 

"My motto for the remainder of this Congress is 'leave no vacancy behind,'" McConnell told radio host Hugh Hewitt on Wednesday. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics/senate-mcconnell-judges/index.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 1