SURVEY: Tourism in Pattaya – Good or Bad?

Scott

SURVEY: Tourism in Pattaya – Good or Bad?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been numerous thread about the tourism situation in Thailand in general and in Pattaya in particular.   In your opinion, is the situation better or worse and is the quality of tourists better or worse.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.  

Recent threads:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138715-opinion-pattayas-bar-and-nightlife-image-is-dead-operators-must-change-or-face-extinction/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138635-pattaya-its-official-pattaya-tourism-down-the-pan-chinese-off-to-vietnam-and-indians-the-last-hope/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138617-customers-in-pattaya’s-famous-bars-and-nightclubs-down-a-whopping-40/

define quality first ?
but, ok, before the common sight was ole fat farts in wife beater,
today its young slender appealing russian woman, both groups incidentally connected to prostitution in their own way.

im also thinking my increasing age

has an effect on my observations,

it would really take an observer that

doesnt age to give consistent data

Edited by brokenbone
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Many of the new tourists from China and India are wildly overdressed. They should learn from us quality expats how to use Kito plastic shoes and Singha T-shirts to dress properly. 

No, I have concluded I had got it wrong and I now wander around Pattaya snazzily dressed in a bright red pyjama suit with big yellow elephants on it!  I haven't been run over since. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I magine how much money could be made if they opened a more family oriented area along the beach with rides and things to do.

If Pattaya could shake off its sex capital of the world image, and that's a big "IF" the main draw card here for couples and families would be the beach, not a theme park, but they have turned the beach in a sewer.

Once a beach is "gone" where to from there? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

It’s Christmas Eve. A great time not to divide or be racist about any group. 

and as always---many people will make 'anti' coments about pattaya, regardless of the situation..

usualy from people who seldom or never, visit pattaya..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

Many of the new tourists from China and India are wildly overdressed. They should learn from us quality expats how to use Kito plastic shoes and Singha T-shirts to dress properly. 

The food court in Big C Pattaya Klang should be regarded as a human zoo and bring the tour buses in to see the farang natives in their enclosure. Great to people watch there.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Why isn't there an option for "Neither up or down, better or worse"??
I've lived in Pattaya for 14 years.  Lived here through the waves of Brits, then Indians, then Russians, now Chinese.  Is it different than say, last year?  Yes.  But is the overall trend different over my whole time here? no.  

Also need to define what is meant by "Good".  Sure the hotels and beach vendors think hoards of tourists are "Good" but if I were to vote I'd vote that fewer tourists are "Good".  Maybe instead of "Good" or "Bad" you should have used "More" or "Fewer".  

Another point, I think the biggest change in Pattaya is the number of permanent residents living here full time.  Not the tourists.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

The food court in Big C Pattaya Klang should be regarded as a human zoo and bring the tour buses in to see the farang natives in their enclosure. Great to people watch there.

Especially one Farang who has a strange pointed hairdo ,and eye shadow ,looks to be in his 40s ,usually sits with more normal looking guys ,seen him quite a few times in burger king as we walk past ,very strange .????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, champers said:

I haven't voted either.The thread is asking people to make a judgement about entire races of people: good or bad. This is too simplistic and will bring out the worst in people, opening them up to charges of  being racist. Click bait, in my opinion. Close the thread and start again with a bigger question set

What do races have to do with that?

Most crimes in Pattaya, involving foreigners, lead to Westerners (British anyone?), very rarely Chinese, even though the latter have their own low quality tourists, but for different reasons.

In short, low quality tourists come from everywhere, yet they tend to gather in Pattaya like flies on the back of a sick elephant...go figure...

Edited by Brunolem
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Can you be more specific?

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Especially one Farang who has a strange pointed hairdo ,and eye shadow ,looks to be in his 40s ,usually sits with more normal looking guys ,seen him quite a few times in burger king as we walk past ,very strange .????

Eye shadow??

I have no idea, I live here so do not frequent tourist places / hot spots, neither do I visit food courts, I wouldn't be seen dead in one frankly, so people watching a mixture of down at heel (probably) expats has no appeal for me.

I think this poll would have garnered more responsible replies (including mine) if it had been placed in the business forum and aimed at hotel, bar & restaurant owners who could give you a much better insight into the current tourist state than a bunch of twitter & bisted old has beens here ???? 

Edited by Golden Triangle
punctuation.
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No, I have concluded I had got it wrong and I now wander around Pattaya snazzily dressed in a bright red pyjama suit with big yellow elephants on it!  I haven't been run over since. 

was it you that used to drive around on a bicycle

dressed in shiny yellow before ?

• Haha 1