Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Do Thais try to eat the clown? 

Yes, marketing for children.

No, the clown cook the food.

Marketing for children. Transam like it more than Thai food.

IMO I think it tasteless. IMO

Edited by Yinn
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

actually, to a nutritionist or a doctor, sugar is a poison..

Yes, but to a Thai it is a neccessity. (Other nationalities are available)

And that is why the sugar MUST be completely fermented out.

Edited by wgdanson

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Yes, but to a Thai it is a neccessity. (Other nationalities are available)

Yes, it's literary an addiction and part of the reason alcoholics crave it when abstaining (a lot of sugar in alcohol). I still consume some for I'm weak but have cut back substantially. I've noticed now that some things are too sweet for me that before I used to whack back by the handful..

17 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yeah, much better to eat Thai food that has been fried in lavish quantities of cheap oils and spiced so intensely that you can't taste it. They have the best cooking oil in the world to use at a decent price (coconut oil), but instead they use palm oil.

On a serious note, suggesting that all Western food is garbage is a ridiculous comment. Most of my food is Western food that I cook myself, and it is far from being garbage. Obviously we use much of the same produce, but just cook it better.

I have no idea why anyone would eat McDonalds. If I did need an occasional McDonald's burger, I wouldn't complain about a 50 baht increase. It's a treat for some people, right?

I was speaking to 'fast food' western garbage lol not all 'western food' (we were on a thread about mcdonalds right?). I cook 99% of all the food my wife and I eat, I don't like most food cooked here by others. Yes, Thais look at western 'fast food' as a treat though dying a slow death doesn't seem pleasurable to me.

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're in the back room observing staff using said facilities? Do you know what a McNugget is? Ground up chicken skin. Maccas and KFC are more a fashion statement for Thais.

I eat 80-90% Thai food, some of it street. Not hard to pick the good stalls and restaurants, they're the ones with plenty of customers.

McDonalds's can increase their prices all they want to, because I am not a customer. Better food elsewhere, and frequently a lot cheaper.

Tell me how many have sued McD's in LOS over food poisoning. Then tell me how many people in LOS get food poisoning in LOS every day....

Edited by transam
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I wouldn't know. However, I would say suing any large corporation in LOS would be the ultimate exercise in futility.

I've been here 10 years, and the only case of food poisoning I got was from a packaged meal from a well-known supermarket. Quite spectacular for ten hours. Have never had a problem with street food here. Mind you, it does have to be cooked in front of me.

BTW and FYI. Australia averages about 5 million cases of food poisoning per year in restaurants, despite stringent health regulations. Not bad for a population of 23 million.

I sometimes think excluding pathogens from our diet weakens our immune systems.

The only time I have heard of McD's being sued was over something daft like spilled coffee. I have been eating BigMacs for decades, never a problem. In LOS, I have had food poisoning a few times, now I make my own grub with the occasional McD....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I think you are confusing venues with your normal hangout, you know, the place where a dustbin full of water with a pooh stained scoop is in the loo to manually flush your offering, whist rinsing off your hands and making your feet wet...????

You've never gone into the bathroom at Central or other shopping malls and seen the 'chefs' in their Fuji/MK/Oishi uniforms at the mirrors after exiting a cubicle? 

Let's just say, no water is to be mentioned in this post. 

There was a thread about it a while ago and one of the women on here mentioned that back at home you have to queue up twice on a night-out.

Once to get a toilet, and again to get a sink.

Here they only need to queue up once....

Edited by Happy Grumpy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I hit up the drive through atleast 3 mornings a week for breakfast to eat on my drive to work, 1 sausage and egg mcmuffin and 2 has browns used to cost me Bt.177.00 was surpised to see it jump to Bt.199.00 a few weeks back.

Where I am a BigMac has gone from 119 to 125 in one hit, as I always eat two, 250bht seems a tad over the top....

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Like everything in Thailand, costs more than the West now. Look at Starbucks !!

I was with my gf in Burgerking ( BK) yesterday in blue port mall ( hia hin) ...i realy famcied some western junk food. First time since long at BK in Thailand. Here also prices gone up...! Right now certainly on par with my " heimat" Germany. Crazy....if you think that Thai wages are much lower!!!

Hans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

And always plenty of Thais scoffing it 

Yeah I dont reckon Thai's earning minimum wage is their target market... always plenty of people in the one I use, even at 6am and some seem to have money looking at the beemers and mercs in the parking lot.