Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, McDonald's do have Thai food on their menus!

Well, I wouldnt actually call the McDonald menu as being Thai food .

More like, Western food changed a bit to suit local tastes or rice dishes for people who prefer rice than french fries 

2 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

.... she now works at McDonalds as it pays more!

McDonalds paying more than scamming a retired man so that he has to spend all the rest of his life eating steam rice and bashing people on Thaivisa in every single topic just to find some relief? I don't think so...????

Edited by Sundown

Was in Bangkok last week, the first time since 2014.

American fast food everywhere.

McDonalds, Burger King, Carl Juniors all on the same street and multiple outlets.

Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts, you name it.

The kicker was when my wife wanted to try Hooters at Nana.

What a joke. Prices crazy high compared to US. The place is run more like an open area bar with the the hooter girls do stupid dances.

And a large mechanical bull?

<deleted>?

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

OP, why laugh in the face of the person serving you? it's not their fault they don't set the price, treat people with respect please

It's not like I was disrespectful to the cashier. We had also a little chat about it since at the beginning I thought it was an error... she told me it was a price increase and I was shocked and laughed she laughed too and I told her to cancel my order...don't worry

Edited by Sundown
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

What do you think the effect of that will be when most of McDonald's customers here are Thais?

I hope the same effect.

But I fear many will perpetrate old habits and sustain them by going into debt.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

how about pubs ripping off farangs with this christmas dinner lark, dearer then the UK  at £25, i can understand the UK price as Christmas Day in the UK is a public holiday, and have to pay staff double, so what is their excuse here as this day is just an ordinary day in Thailand, my mate bougfht a Turkey for £15 said to feed 11, wont catch me eating a bit of turkey for that price. there again if the fools want to pay these prices , best of luck to them, its just a 200 baht sunday lunch with a few extras

Edited by mercman24
  • Like 1

265 baht = almost £7 for a Big Mac, fries and drink? You can get a hell of a lot of "real" Thai food for that, and even in the UK that would probably cost you under £5. If you live in Thailand, or even if you're a visitor and you're going to McDonald's, you're a sad sack. Discover the local Thai food. McDonald's in Thailand is intended for Thais who think it's a "classy Western restaurant"...

3 minutes ago, Thainess said:

If you live in Thailand, or even if you're a visitor and you're going to McDonald's, you're a sad sack. Discover the local Thai food. McDonald's in Thailand is intended for Thais who think it's a "classy Western restaurant"...

What local food outlet offers a drive thu service at 6am ?

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

Ranong and Phangnga not have McDonald’s.

Scoffing about it because it is tasteless.

' So the phrase "to scoff food down" was used to describe someone who eat so fast as to inhale the food rather than chew it, as well as someone who makes a similar sound while devouring their food.'
see, you've learned a new meaning for a word. As for the two places you mentioned, that has nothing to do with the price increase, as they don't have a MacDonald.

image.jpeg

Edited by roo860

15 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

These brands are positioned as "premium" brands here, same as KFC.

They don't want to be cheaper, but i have good news, you can get a real burger for 200 baht with dry aged steak...

It's really easy, just buy somewhere else. MCD and co prices are so unimportant, i don't know who gets riled up over that. 

What really matters is gasoline, taxi, real estate, rental, insurance, hospital and TAXES etc prices.

Unfortunately when Petrol goes up, everything goes up.Transport,production costs etc.

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

I dont have a list of the best restaurants in Holland .

My point was that restaurants often serve food that isnt from the Country they are in .

All the top restaurants in the UK do not serve British food  

I think I would prefer to deal with restaurants actually eaten in by forum contributors. As for sourcing usually a mix. eg at J. Sheekeys, since they serve caviar and champagne, one would hardly expect these menu items to be sourced locally, whereas other foods possibly yes: https://j-sheekey.co.uk

Edited by SheungWan

54 minutes ago, Thainess said:

265 baht = almost £7 for a Big Mac, fries and drink? You can get a hell of a lot of "real" Thai food for that, and even in the UK that would probably cost you under £5. If you live in Thailand, or even if you're a visitor and you're going to McDonald's, you're a sad sack. Discover the local Thai food. McDonald's in Thailand is intended for Thais who think it's a "classy Western restaurant"...

Kuhn Pa restaurant in Chiang Mai has a roast pork tenderloin in black pepper sauce. Delicious, and very filling. 139 baht. Or perhaps the Alpaca cafe, high quality spaghetti marinara, 150 baht.

IMO the people who eat at McDonald's or KFC here are posers with more money than sense.

I enjoy McDonalds food. They had to raise prices to keep making a profit. I would probably starve before I would eat Thai food.In a day or so I will be having a steak dinner at A New York steak house in Bangkok. It will be over 

2000 baht. 

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

as long as they don't use palm oil, it's good

similar to a lot of things here, prices are based on how much people are willing to spend rather than how much they really cost to make. McThai, alongside starbucks burger king, etc., is playing along. the price increase is just another reason to avoid it. 

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am surprised people still go to McDonald and eat that junk food at exorbitant prices.

Thai food are much healthier and cheaper.

indeed.   i'm amazed when i see thai people eating american junk food.   i guess they think they're being cool or stylish.