Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

11 hours ago, sanemax said:
13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What do you think the effect of that will be when most of McDonald's customers here are Thais?

Many McDonalds would close down , like many Subways have already done

I think you've got the wrong of McD's demographic.  Foreigners voting with their feet would make precious little difference to McThai's bottom line considering most of their customers are Thai!

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It depends on how many you eat. I knew an American in my condo whose sole diet was Big Macs and fries. He went into a coma and died after three days when his entire digestive system stopped moving, completely clogged. I'd suggest he would have been fine with fruit and vegetables.

Dead people can't sue. I suppose eventually there will be a lawyers' feast when some morbidly obese person goes after Maccas and/or KFC because the airlines refuse to carry them.

he should have tried to poop between each meals, it could have saved his life !

????

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't want to burst your bubble, but you should read 'Fast Food Nation' by Eric Schlosser.

"There’s a “simple explanation for why eating a hamburger can now make you seriously ill,” wrote Eric Schlosser in Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal. “There is sh!t in the meat.” "

There Is Poop in Basically All Hamburger Meat

You also probably read there is life on Mars too????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The thread is about McDonald's price increases, almost none of McDonalds food is imported!

How about the Australian beef? your find fish is imported too

That's why I said "almost none".  You'll find that McThai's fish isn't imported.

19 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am surprised people still go to McDonald and eat that junk food at exorbitant prices.

Thai food are much healthier and cheaper.

I don't think your right on that . Almost all thai food is fried in oil or made with a lot of sugar, salt and ainamoto and the quality of a burger is quit good , i don't mean that MC donald is not expensive but it's not as fat as you think compared to thai food .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, baansgr said:

BK extra long chicken meal Survanbhumi 389 baht, Changi airport Singapore, 120 baht....anywhere in phillipines 60 baht...

I was in Singapore airport a few months ago and was struck by the fact that their food court had normal prices, the 7-11 had normal prices, my bottle of duty free whisky cost half what it would in Thailand. I also while there remembered that during the year government officials took a tour of Swampy airport and declared that prices were too high and they must be reduced. And then, as usual, nothing happened. Their job was done, they had spoken. Not their job to actually do anything about it. That's the Thai way, always, about anything.

19 hours ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I wouldn't eat Thai street food if it were free, at least with McD's stuff is clean, and the staff have a toilet and washing hands facilities eh...

That's true Trans, but you have to admit they have gone a bit crazy with their prices, I only used them occasionally, but now I won't use them at all, just the very odd KFC or Chesters.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

That's true Trans, but you have to admit they have gone a bit crazy with their prices, I only used them occasionally, but now I won't use them at all, just the very odd KFC or Chesters.

Merry Christmas bud....

I am much the same, if I am out and near McD's I "might" have a couple of BigMacs, would never plan to go there...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Straight8 said:
1 hour ago, Suitcase said:

I have been going to MOS Burger instead of McD

Half the burger sizes for double the price... now that there is one rip off joint

You must be one of those farang standing in long queue's at the tesco foodcourt daily.

Moss is VERY nice....much better than the Mac.

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's why I said "almost none".  You'll find that McThai's fish isn't imported.

Beef is pretty important don't you think, burger place after all, but also all the other items used in the production chain or in McDonalds themselves could well be imported. Some of the fish is imported so stop guessing

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

These brands are positioned as "premium" brands here, same as KFC.

They don't want to be cheaper, but i have good news, you can get a real burger for 200 baht with dry aged steak...

It's really easy, just buy somewhere else. MCD and co prices are so unimportant, i don't know who gets riled up over that. 

What really matters is gasoline, taxi, real estate, rental, insurance, hospital and TAXES etc prices.

There are many good restaurants like Sizzlers, MDs, but I like French Fries or mash in the odd times I use restaurants.

So these restaurants are out.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There are many good restaurants like Sizzlers, MDs, but I like French Fries or mash in the odd times I use restaurants.

So these restaurants are out.

Forget l these top holes. Go to a good hotel. But BKK no you get robbed. Pattaya there's so many 

Edited by tomauasia
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Beef is pretty important don't you think, burger place after all, but also all the other items used in the production chain or in McDonalds themselves could well be imported. Some of the fish is imported so stop guessing

Australian beef is not used for the normal burgers, it's an option on the menu for a more expensive burger (if it is really imported Australian beef), so a small percentage is imported.  As I said, almost none is imported.   McThai's fish is not imported, I'm not guessing.

Edited by Just Weird

19 hours ago, tropo said:

Yeah, much better to eat Thai food that has been fried in lavish quantities of cheap oils and spiced so intensely that you can't taste it. They have the best cooking oil in the world to use at a decent price (coconut oil), but instead they use palm oil.

On a serious note, suggesting that all Western food is garbage is a ridiculous comment. Most of my food is Western food that I cook myself, and it is far from being garbage. Obviously we use much of the same produce, but just cook it better.

I have no idea why anyone would eat McDonalds. If I did need an occasional McDonald's burger, I wouldn't complain about a 50 baht increase. It's a treat for some people, right?

I was going to give you a like till I read your last paragraph.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Don Mega said:
25 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was in Singapore airport a few months ago and was struck by the fact that their food court had normal prices, the 7-11 had normal prices, my bottle of duty free whisky cost half what it would in Thailand. I also while there remembered that during the year government officials took a tour of Swampy airport and declared that prices were too high and they must be reduced. And then, as usual, nothing happened. Their job was done, they had spoken. Not their job to actually do anything about it. That's the Thai way, always, about anything.

Whats the chances of a duty free bottle of whiskey at Changi airport would be cheaper than a retail bottle in Thailand !!

I don't think I mentioned buying it retail in Thailand. I said duty free. Have you looked at King Power prices?

19 hours ago, Yinn said:

Transam is English right?

i think have Thai restaurants every western country. Because thai food is delicious. 

England food restaurant is popular anywhere? Outside England?

I once went to a Thai restaurant back in Scotland, it was the best ever, but no potatoes or French Fries.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't think I mentioned buying it retail in Thailand. I said duty free. Have you looked at King Power prices?

Well you mention airport in Singapore, not Thailand airport nor the king power store.

9 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Listen to all those food snobs ????  I'm so better then you i would never eat what you eat, my wife is better then yours, she is educated, she cooks so gooood  ....  like 5 year old kids lol

My missus cooks great Thai food but sitting next to the stove are 3 large containers with sugar, salt and MSG in them.... seems we refill them every other week...... I'll stick to me steak and 3 veg though as it is healthier !!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sundown said:

Get a double big Mac then ???? 

Here in Phuket burgers are all +25%

Ice cream cone from 10 to 15 (+50%)

chocolate cone from 15 to 25 (+66%)

In December last year the double big Mac menu was on offer at 185 now 265 so basically almost a +50%

Greedy capitalist morons.

• Like 1