PM Prayut begs people not to drink and drive

webfact

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

ah but enforcement helps and youve  had  5  years  and the easiest  opportunity with article  44  to enforce things YOU  really  want havent  you .

Well he’s controlled all political upstarts threatening his power.

Drunk drivers don’t.

Bad bus and mini-van drivers don’t.

Tourist billers don’t.

Improving general safety doesn’t.

Poor people don’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I am quite curious as to the meaning of this word.

Closest I can come:

Wawel (Polish pronunciation: [ˈvavɛl]) is a fortified architectural complex erected over many centuries atop a limestone outcrop on the left bank of the Vistula river in Kraków, Poland, at an altitude of 228 metres above sea level. ... There are also wooden parts of the complex w

• Like 1

This PM....... says a lot, always saying something......... and 

ALL of it is just only something 'HE' thinks will make him 'be seen' as doing a better job than what he is 'HOW' he is really doing the job... (POORLY)...... He certainly must think that people believe 'his every word'......... Talk is cheap but if you really want results.... YOU DO SOMETHING, not just talk about it..............

• Like 2

He might as well tell Humpty Dumpty not to drink drive. That is how much Thais will listen to him. I saw Thailands reaction today by setting up thoses tents with flashing lights beside the road. Inside the tent were about 30 cops all playing with their phones. Carry on folks business as usual. Can anyone in this forum please tell me what those tents with flashing lights are supposed to do? Very curious guy I am?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ubon farang said:

He might as well tell Humpty Dumpty not to drink drive. That is how much Thais will listen to him. I saw Thailands reaction today by setting up thoses tents with flashing lights beside the road. Inside the tent were about 30 cops all playing with their phones. Carry on folks business as usual. Can anyone in this forum please tell me what those tents with flashing lights are supposed to do? Very curious guy I am?

It is only my humours guess..... But I would guess that it is to get Thai Cops out near the roads..... without expecting them to really work (Just being there for show) like their government (Being there just for show)...........

2 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

It is only my humours guess..... But I would guess that it is to get Thai Cops out near the roads..... without expecting them to really work (Just being there for show) like their government (Being there just for show)...........

So u saying instead of playing with the phones in their office they can play with their phones beside the road :cheesy:

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Such as the yawning gap between the have's and the have not's!

And the even bigger yawning gap between having laws and actually enforcing them, and laws should apply to hi-so’s as well, not just to the average Joe in the street.

6 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I am quite curious as to the meaning of this word. woevel

After some thought the word used may have been "woeful". This word being an adjective is often used to describe actions of politicians and governments. 

"...characterized by, expressive of, or causing sorrow or misery."   "..very bad; deplorable."

Of course, this wouldn't apply to the present administration in LOS, I'm sure.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

I want to change my name to Ching Jai [Faithful] because my heart [Jai] is devoted to helping the country to develop further,” he said.

He really knows how to make people puke. I think he inserted that little machine in the wrong end. 

Edited by holy cow cm
not finished
  • Like 1

Well I have been trying to not drink and drive at all but since Grab fares went from 140B to 260B *one way* I can't help myself sometimes, when not having had that much. Tuk tuks wouldn't even drive me that far away. 

Can't imagine it to be affordable or doable for locals at all then. If drinking twice a week with the current fares I can earn the 15-20K bribe back in 4-5 months.

Edited by tabarin

Oi P!

I will help you 

Drink driving is naughty same these anti democracy people who dont like you an your gov... you need to arrest them.

See now they are disloyal, so  solved well apart from getting the coppers off their fat <deleted> to do something about it

Hmm try your mate in the army

7 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Big hint Mr. PM.  You have one of the largest police forces in the world per capita.  Why not get them doing their jobs properly.  Why not enforce laws so that we dont have to take knee jerk and silly actions at isolated times of the year.  You could get them to enforce road laws all year around.  Then when it comes to new year people may actually follow the law for fear of being fined or having their licence permanently removed.  I know it sounds crazy but it works elsewhere.  Give it a go!

Instead of just bringing ideas like cars and motorbikes from outside Thailand why not bring the safety aspects as well such as helmets, seat belts and a proper driving test as well and then enforcing them.

My wife works for a government department and in the last couple of days one of their drivers was killed in his own pickup. Fortunately he didn't kill anyone else. I've only spoken to her briefly form the UK but I think he'd been drinking and I know that's normal for him as it is for many others. A nice guy and such a waste.

There are other more influential people than the PM who could push this message as well. Monks talk to Thais every day but from what I can tell from my wife they don't mention drink driving or the fact that it doesn't seem very Buddhist. People would stop listening I guess.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Have you never seen cops loitering within tents?

Well this afternoon they had thinned out a bit worn out i must think from over work Meanwhile The drivers were going past that checkpoint No helmets speeding 4 on a bike and nobody was pulled up  So I ask again why are these checkpoints in place

• Like 1

If severe punishments would be applied and more alcohol controls would take place then he would not have to beg at all.  Thai people drink very much and still believe they can drive. I have seen it i dont know how many times. And if you take away the carkey they get really mad at you althought its for preventing them from doing something stupid.

A key piece of info missing from this report. The wife caught this on Channel 3 today:

https://youtu.be/Jc3cOBGWRWw

The PM later handed out gift bags at the Mo Chit station. One lady who received one was noticeably unimpressed. He asks her, "What's wrong? Are you bored of me?" She answers, "Bueh!" (Bored!) ????

• Like 1