On your deathbed

canuckamuck

Deathbed poll  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My mum on her death bed was more concerned that there was a conspiracy to give her a bath and that there were eggs in her pillow - though that could have been the drugs.

Most of us will be too out of it to ponder the question.

My mum, 99 yo, (me 69 yo) suddenly very affected by a brain tumor asked me many many questions for days about school (mid primary age), homework, cleaning my school shoes etc., one day she was very angry because I wouldn't show her my shoes to prove I had cleaned them.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Then wouldn't you feel you should have wasted some?

Absolutely not ..... the more positive experiences I have, the better my life. I guess it depends on your definition of 'wasted'.

Edited by geronimo

4 minutes ago, nausea said:

On my deathbed I will appeal to the Virgin Mary, just in case. Life's been so weird so far, that meeting St. Peter after I die wouldn't be a surprise at all.

Would you like to share with us, why you think so? 

I don't want to die anytime soon. But just in case I am dying and I have a minute or so to think about my life: I (tried to) enjoy every day.

Some days I did something productive, other days I did not much more than drinking coffee, eating, and maybe have a beer or two.

Was any of that time wasted? It depends on the perspective.

I know a couple of people who really worked hard their whole life and now they have millions of dollars. And now? How many enjoy life now and spend all the money which they can't take with them to their grave? It seems few do that.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now? How many enjoy life now and spend all the money which they can't take with them to their grave? It seems few do that.

I think those who made millions of dollars, was genuin interested in what they do, and for them, thats the most important, not the money. Many of those who already made a fortune, still continue their lifestyle with work as long as they have health to do so. I think thats what seperates those them from the average people who cant wait to get off work. 

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't want to die anytime soon. But just in case I am dying and I have a minute or so to think about my life: I (tried to) enjoy every day.

Some days I did something productive, other days I did not much more than drinking coffee, eating, and maybe have a beer or two.

Was any of that time wasted? It depends on the perspective.

I know a couple of people who really worked hard their whole life and now they have millions of dollars. And now? How many enjoy life now and spend all the money which they can't take with them to their grave? It seems few do that.

I personally know many people who will do this.. Seems so strange to me... I will leave quite a bit behind,, but I will be spending up large from next year, a very healthy 70yr old

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I think those who made millions of dollars, was genuin interested in what they do, and for them, thats the most important, not the money. Many of those who already made a fortune, still continue their lifestyle with work as long as they have health to do so. I think thats what seperates those them from the average people who cant wait to get off work. 

For some people I agree with you.

I have a friend who enjoyed making millions. He worked hard and he enjoyed life at the time and now he continues to enjoy life.

Recently a guy who worked together with him decided to come to Thailand, with millions of dollars in the bank. And he is just miserable. He is about 70 and he dreams about marrying and having kids and spending all those millions. But he won't talk to any women because he thinks they only want his money...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

On a recent topic, some one was trying to convince me that, at 73, I'm too old to be riding around on a motorcycle. My answer to that was a new Yamaha Aerox for Christmas. And I've no regrets about that!

At least you didn't buy a Panigale ???? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For some people I agree with you.

I have a friend who enjoyed making millions. He worked hard and he enjoyed life at the time and now he continues to enjoy life.

Recently a guy who worked together with him decided to come to Thailand, with millions of dollars in the bank. And he is just miserable. He is about 70 and he dreams about marrying and having kids and spending all those millions. But he won't talk to any women because he thinks they only want his money...

Thats sounds like a bad paranoia, and maybe an touch of psychiatric disorder. 

However to many think Thailand, or escaping their country will solve all their problems, or make them happy. I believe if you where happy most of our life in your homecountry, maybe you are better off to a good start in Thailand as well as an example. 

Rich poeple often worked hard, diciplined, and never give up, at least those who where self made by hard work, and not only pure luck. 

I was given a bit of sage like advise many years ago. It went like this:

'There are no right or wrong decisions to be made in life. There are no right or wrong paths to follow. You make your decision, you set off down your chosen path and make the most of it'.

I've had a good life, despite some very stupid decisions and I still enjoy it.

• Like 1

I will regret NOTHING.

I do not fear death as I have knocked on the door twice already.

I do a lot to help others, I make Merit every day.

When you are that sick, you are on deaths door, the last thing on your mind is worrying about it and when you are truly at the door, you will welcome the end just to have it be over.

Have already lived 4x the life I expected so all now is gravy.  Only regret would be the effect of my demise on my family since I started a family late.  There will come a time for me to exit on my own terms hopefully.  One is to scuba dive way too deep and go out feeling good (see nitrogen narcosis) the other is to ducktape a turkey roasting bag around my neck with a tube feeding me helium inside where I pass away laughing like hell at how rediculous I sound laughing.  You don't feel like you are suffocating on certain gasses.  :-)

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Good for you. I'm 76, and love my Yamaha TTX.

My test of whether I am too old for the scooter will be when I can no longer balance it with my GF riding pillion.

Wife made me give up my ZR7 about 2 yrs ago and I'm only 61.  Something to do with starting a family late in life and such nonsense.  Miss the bike, but did result in a lot less bitching.  You chose your battles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Wife made me give up my ZR7 about 2 yrs ago and I'm only 61.  Something to do with starting a family late in life and such nonsense.  Miss the bike, but did result in a lot less bitching.  You chose your battles.

If I had kids, I would rethink my bike, and Im sure I would quit. Im all in for freedom and that kind of <deleted>, but my kid (if I have one ore two) did not choose me, and therefor I own him her or they to be there for them as long as they need me.