will mankind survive?

ivor bigun

16 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

most of these will be born in  underdeveloped countrys, as they start to move to more developed countrys ,will they bring benifits or drag them down? will new plagues ,start that we cant control ,will we run out of food? will we be struck by a comet? or will the world be a terrible place that bears no resemblance to what it was?

in short will mankinf survive?

You do love your controversial threads- how many pages do you hope for on this one:-)

If no disease wipes all or most of us out and the overpopulated countries continue to export their unwanted to the west, we all know what will happen, though we will not write the words.

Anyway, without a cheap means of desalinating water, the next major war will be over water. Keep an eye on Egypt and the countries along the Nile. Overpopulated and rising, but a limited water supply- what could possibly go wrong?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My take is I doubt it unless world countries take a serious step in the gobal warming issue.

Also not to be taken as offensive but probably will, there needs to be more birth control maybe enforcement of some kind other than bombs in countries and some religions where ignorant people just breed like animals. 

IMO the only hope for humanity to survive as it is, is for population reduction, not just halted but decreased significantly.

Given western countries are not increasing their native populations, and those trying to get in illegally are, IMO, mostly uneducated and lacking skills needed, it's not going to end well

16 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Climate Change is an over-rated scam IMO

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and climate change is real, however in my opinion, the message is not getting through because everybody is hearing the same words over and over and over, climate change, but have you and others ever really considered that the air that we breathe, will eventually kill us all, currently it's taking 9 + million lives annually, probably more if statistics can ever be accurate.

The invisible killer lurks inside and outside our homes, no one can see it, but it adds to the problem day in, day out and no one is taking it seriously because there is too much money to be made, which of course can only be passed to the next generation, after that, well, breathe easy as they say.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and climate change is real, however in my opinion, the message is not getting through because everybody is hearing the same words over and over and over, climate change, but have you and others ever really considered that the air that we breathe, will eventually kill us all, currently it's taking 9 + million lives annually, probably more if statistics can ever be accurate.

The invisible killer lurks inside and outside our homes, no one can see it, but it adds to the problem day in, day out and no one is taking it seriously because there is too much money to be made, which of course can only be passed to the next generation, after that, well, breathe easy as they say.

Consider how many more people would be born if those 9 million people survived. Population was largely controlled by war and pestilence prior to WW2, but penicillin saved many and wars do not involve enough people now to make a difference.

Either we populate ourselves into extinction, or we reduce the population. Dirty air is one way of doing so.

The issue is water. There is not enough water for 15 billion people and all the other life on the planet.  Climate Change is an over-rated scam IMO - but clean drinking water shortages in the future is real. The costs of converting the oceans to clean water and transporting it will be far too high for many countries.  I cant reemmebr the numbers but I read a report a few years ago that said by 2050 there will be too many people for the readily available water.   

Then let them drink beer

As western civilization continues to tear apart its foundations there will obviously be a point where the west will be too weak or too unwilling to defend itself. The power vacuum will be the start of many wars. I am sure in a hundred years the counter will be back down 19th century numbers.

10 hours ago, Denim said:

Whatever. Mankind's extinction would be a good result for the planet. We are not the be all and end all of creation.

We have been given the wonderful gift of life and intelligence and yet we have abused this gift for thousands of years.

Whatever the planet has in store for us we deserve it.

Get greta in,she,'ll sort it all out.

11 hours ago, emptypockets said:

The issue is water. There is not enough water for 15 billion people and all the other life on the planet.  Climate Change is an over-rated scam IMO - but clean drinking water shortages in the future is real. The costs of converting the oceans to clean water and transporting it will be far too high for many countries.  I cant reemmebr the numbers but I read a report a few years ago that said by 2050 there will be too many people for the readily available water.   

11 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I guess the beer bars in Pattaya will be booming then

I rather doubt that. It takes about 20 gallons of water to make 1 pint of beer!

Well,, I admit 'we' have messed things up a bit but I have confidence in our species and feel sure we'll be mining on some other planet. Might not be comfortable but I recon it will happen. Maybe then in say 150 years Earth will be invaded and conquered by those descendants.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyway, without a cheap means of desalinating water, the next major war will be over water.

Careful with the desalinating, the salt leftover(placed back into the sea) would eventually kill life in the oceans as they became too salty for life. The heavier salted oceans would probably change their currents and produce even more climate change. 

Mother nature is gonna knock back the population, how much, many of us will not know.

Should these dyer consequences be realized, populations will surely migrate. If water is the resource of need, my home country of Canada is sure to be invaded, perhaps first and foremost by that big neighbour, of 330 million, to the south (better build a wall soon).

Recent surveys suggest that there may be as many as 2 million lakes in Canada. About 7.6% of Canada's nearly 10 million km2 is covered by fresh water; enough water is contained by these lakes and rivers to flood the entire country to a depth of over 2 m. (Google search).

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You do love your controversial threads- how many pages do you hope for on this one:-)

If no disease wipes all or most of us out and the overpopulated countries continue to export their unwanted to the west, we all know what will happen, though we will not write the words.

Anyway, without a cheap means of desalinating water, the next major war will be over water. Keep an eye on Egypt and the countries along the Nile. Overpopulated and rising, but a limited water supply- what could possibly go wrong?

Honestly ,i never ever expected the God one to last so long ,but yes i do like controversial threads ,they make you think ,and as we get older ,we should think more or our brains well die .

as you say it is not PC to tell it as it is ,but we can see it day by day in the papers what importing people that have a different set of values to us Westerners has done already.

31 minutes ago, neeray said:

Should these dyer consequences be realized, populations will surely migrate. If water is the resource of need, my home country of Canada is sure to be invaded, perhaps first and foremost by that big neighbour, of 330 million, to the south (better build a wall soon).

Recent surveys suggest that there may be as many as 2 million lakes in Canada. About 7.6% of Canada's nearly 10 million km2 is covered by fresh water; enough water is contained by these lakes and rivers to flood the entire country to a depth of over 2 m. (Google search).

SHHH, don't tell everybody eh?

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Careful with the desalinating, the salt leftover(placed back into the sea) would eventually kill life in the oceans as they became too salty for life. The heavier salted oceans would probably change their currents and produce even more climate change. 

Mother nature is gonna knock back the population, how much, many of us will not know.

IMO war will be the killer, when two countries we both know well go to war. The result will be a much reduced population. The only question to ask is how much land will still be habitable?

Humankind will not survive as long as people remain greedy; selfish; refuse to learn and adapt and act out their prejudices and continually discriminate against each other.

Humankind needs to act in concert to save the Planet but unfortunately only a massive disaster of some kind will make people realize this.

The last decade has shown that the world is in the beginning stages of a more dangerous world i.e(climate catastrophes abound, and the refugee crises in both Europe, and at the southern border in the U.S) I cannot see how things can get better since there aren't policies to deal with either one. Instead its looking more, and more like a Dogmatic situation where civility is obsolete and the rule of law is more or less dog eat eat.

Archived