To intervene or not? Birthday man pays with his life after helping out woman motorcyclist

webfact

To intervene or not? Birthday man pays with his life after helping out woman motorcyclist

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 27 year old Thai man was stabbed to death in southern Thailand after he went to help out a female motorcyclist who had been rear ended by a car in the early hours of Monday morning.

Sawit died at the scene just moments after finishing a party for his birthday. 

A friend called Natthaphon or "Saam" was taken to hospital with a stab wound to his face. 

The men had been in a car after a New Year and birthday party in Nakhon Sri Thammarat that went on until nearly dawn.

Near the end of a soi outside a bank they saw a woman in difficulty after she had been hit by a Toyota Vios. Sawit who was sitting behind his friend got out to lend assistance. 

But he was stabbed by a man called Junthakarn, 24, who fled the scene. 

Thung Song police found Sawit in a pool of blood. Rescue services had already taken Natthaphon to hospital. 

Wutthichai - the driver of the Vios - took off after the incident and crashed his car into the center median. He was arrested by police with an alcohol reading of 284 milligrams - the limit for driving is 50 for experienced drivers. 

The hunt is now on for the person who stabbed the good Samaritan to death, reported Sanook. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-31
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

the limit for driving is 50 for experienced drivers. 

Not exactly relevant to the story, but I think the 50 limit is for INexperienced drivers of two years or less......the upper limit is 150 for others. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

The men had been in a car after a New Year and birthday party in Nakhon Sri Thammarat that went on until nearly dawn.

So, clearly everyone was drunk and then intervened in a traffic accident while heavily intoxicated. What could go wrong? Now, we know. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Exactly, I would suggest the back story is a lie and they stopped to beat up on the guy who then ran after stabbing the guy. Sounds more believable then the good samaritan story. Good samaritans driving round drunk in a car at dawn. Don't believe it. ????

You're just speculating wildly here, without any evidence to back up your claims - and in the process, shamelessly defaming a dead person. There are multiple reports in different media outlets giving the same version of the story and these accounts are backed up by multiple witnesses, according to these reports.

2 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Wrong. The 50 milligrams is for experienced drivers.

Its 20 for less experienced/ new drivers. 

Rooster

I'm living since 14 years in Thailand; driving a little bit ...my pickup I bought new ten years ago has already 180,000 km  and I cycle about 15,000 km every week ..

I never breathed in the thing;
I know it wouldn't work since I never drink alcohol;

I went down to Nakon sri Thamarrat, I went many times in all the northern provinces.
Never seen a breathalyzer ...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:
8 hours ago, thequietman said:

Exactly, I would suggest the back story is a lie and they stopped to beat up on the guy who then ran after stabbing the guy. Sounds more believable then the good samaritan story. Good samaritans driving round drunk in a car at dawn. Don't believe it. ????

You're just speculating wildly here, without any evidence to back up your claims - and in the process, shamelessly defaming a dead person. There are multiple reports in different media outlets giving the same version of the story and these accounts are backed up by multiple witnesses, according to these reports.

A wholly strange event... something really is amiss....  Speculation is to be expected as this story is just too bizarre... 

The idea that someone completely random and un-related to the event attacked and killed a guy who’d stopped to render first aid to an accident victim just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I believe its better to intervene in the hopes that more thugs get the idea that good people wont settle for this. Yeh, dont ever know the full story but if its taking place in front of my face its my buisness!

Admire your bravado....but all it takes, as this good samaritan found out, was to be stuck and killed by a lunatic.....and there are thousands of these types!

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The idea that someone completely random and un-related to the event attacked and killed a guy who’d stopped to render first aid to an accident victim just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

According to the various reports I've read he wasn't rendering first aid, he just went to help the woman negotiate with the other driver, who appeared to be drunk. A dispute then ensued, which turned violent.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, thequietman said:

Well then, surely the same would apply to you, unless you were there! My summation should be equally as valid as your supposition surely, if neither of us were not there.  ????

You were pontificating unfounded speculation, I was not speculating about the circumstances at all so my comment to you about your post was fact, not speculation.  The validity of your comment was non-existent.

And you didn't make a "summation" about anything, you speculated.

• Haha 1

Last Year a Motobike in Front of me was hitting in the Back of a Car in front of her. A Woman and a Children was falling to the Street. As l was go out the Car for help, l was attacket by a xenophobe Thai Moron; he thought, l was the cause of the accident. Since then i will never stop to help in Thailand!

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 12:09 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Wutthichai - the driver of the Vios - took off after the incident and crashed his car into the center median. He was arrested by police with an alcohol reading of 284 milligrams - the limit for driving is 50 for experienced drivers. 

If I'm a well overqualified driver, am I allowed to have 200 mg? ????

Sure - as long as it's not per liter.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:02 AM, ezzra said:

It has to a be lot more to this story to what they let on, to stab someone just because he is a good samaritan to render an assistant to damsel in distress doesn't make sense and begs for more information... and as whether to help or not? of course, if you think you can make a difference...

To honest this story doesn't add up, when ever the mouth ???? which speaking is sick the ears which listin shouldn't be sick. Please editor of this Paper can help us to find out the real story or to give us a chance to breathe.