What's the average price of a dental implant?

Elizway

where are you? if in one of the provincial cities, most have a choice of dentists, and do free consultations. every case is different, so where one patient it maybe 12000B, another patient maybe 35000B. there's a bit more to it than just the implant.

get a couple of quotes, check out the condition/ appearance of the premises, see what you are happy with,take it from there. if you are overseas, it's a bit tricky to price for work here, unless you pay for consultation and use the treatment details (with as much info as poss.) and converse via e-mail to practices over here.

in person is the only option IMO. 

get googling !

Probably  irrelevant But i got  both of  mine done in the UK 10  years ago and still all good, I simply have no faith in any recourse in getting them done in Thailand if things go wrong.

The  person who did  mine was one of  the  first to do them in the Uk and had done several hundred by the time I had mine done, cost was   about 3600 UK  Pounds at that  time for both, every time I go  back there, once a year, they check them for free for me.

I would be doing my research nit only on cost, but also expertise of the practitioner

As one [poster has stated, submit any x-rays you have when requesting quote then research the expertise and competence of practitioner

Referral from your general dentist may help if you reside in Thailand

Even from overseas you can do good research

Edited by RJRS1301

I had a choice of 3 different quality implants and chose the most expensive at 40,000 baht each. I had 4 done over a period of one year and I am quite happy with the end result. I had the work done in Chiang Mai. 

On 1/1/2020 at 7:06 AM, cmarshall said:

If you are in Bangkok you won't get it done cheaper than at the Mahidol Dental school.  You may have to wait for an appointment after the first consultation.

Bad bad choice. They sometimes don't take even with a professional. You get what you pay for. His best to research the best online.

Got one done in C Mai in March - 30K baht, but that included filling another tooth, plus a clean. Happy with the result. Wife and I been seeing the same lady dentist for years. Place called "Smile2You" - bit out of the way, but oddly enough almost across the road from the CM foreign cemetery. 

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Totally bad info from my experience if people claim 15,000 b.

40 to 50 k is the norm for the total quality implant process.

I've only ever been quoted 40k up to 60k in Pattaya....that's in over ten surgeries....hence why I have all dental work done in PI....never heard of an implant at 10k...like to know where that is.

3 hours ago, Kurtf said:

I had a choice of 3 different quality implants and chose the most expensive at 40,000 baht each. I had 4 done over a period of one year and I am quite happy with the end result. I had the work done in Chiang Mai. 

What kind of quality implants were offered?  It is related to the quality of the screw also? I live in Pathum Thani and I get price offers between 60.000 and 90.000 Baht ...Some of them (titanium screw?) are supposed to be imported from USA others from Korea etc.. Was quality you preferred for a traditional ceramic tooth or something else?

Also I  would  ignore the "done in a  day"  brigade, it takes time for the bone to grow around the titanium metal section screwed into your  bones. I  think from tooth removal i then had to wait 3-4 months then the metal part was inserted then wait another 3-4  months  before  fitting the crown

• Thanks 1

Well the OP don't seem even to bother to come on his own topic 

answer basics questions and  give more informations about his search

so it has now been given a pretty good rank of average prices

from 15\20 000 for a Thai to 30\40 000 for a farang for the lowest basic work

and 60 to 100 000 and up for the top of the top

now up to him to do his own market

what about to close this topic now useless?

Not sure what the OP means by an implant but I recently broke a tooth down to the gum. Post and ceramic crown 10500 baht at my local dentist. It has only been 1 week since it was done but with a 10 year guarantee. All of his previous work has been first rate. But as poster #1 said it depends on where you are going to have it done.

4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Not sure what the OP means by an implant but I recently broke a tooth down to the gum. Post and ceramic crown 10500 baht at my local dentist. It has only been 1 week since it was done but with a 10 year guarantee. All of his previous work has been first rate. But as poster #1 said it depends on where you are going to have it done.

Post and crown is not an implant. 

An implant replaces a tooth completely, and screws directly into the bone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Well the OP don't seem even to bother to come on his own topic 

answer basics questions and  give more informations about his search

so it has now been given a pretty good rank of average prices

from 15\20 000 for a Thai to 30\40 000 for a farang for the lowest basic work

and 60 to 100 000 and up for the top of the top

now up to him to do his own market

what about to close this topic now useless?

whinge on mate. what do you care if OP doesnt reply....

On 1/1/2020 at 6:06 AM, cmarshall said:

If you are in Bangkok you won't get it done cheaper than at the Mahidol Dental school.  You may have to wait for an appointment after the first consultation.

Used to go there, not any more, Dr I wanted to see had a 3 month waiting list so went in at 8.30, got seen at 11.45, turned out to be a waste of time anyway.

12 hours ago, Kurtf said:

Where in Chiang Mai? The price is including everything, the work, the screwed in base and the crown?

55,000 baht at Elite Smile, Pantip Plaza, Chiang Mai. Top quality Swiss bone graft and ceramics, Chinese materials are cheaper.

The dentist there claims a failure rate of 3%. No cause to doubt that. I've had three, still going strong. The quickie implant industry has failure rates > 40%.

A thorough implant process takes at least three months, step by step.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 11:32 PM, tomauasia said:

Bad bad choice. They sometimes don't take even with a professional. You get what you pay for. His best to research the best online.

I don't think that is true.  We are going there with a family member and we understand that all the work is done by dentists, including faculty members of the Dental School.  The dentist we consulted was a faculty member.  It's a professional and well-organized dental clinic.