No plastic bags crisis to hit Pattaya streets!

ferguston

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Seriously, if its raining take an umbrella with you, if its cold take a coat, if you are going on a date take a condom. AND if you are going shopping take a bag. its not hard.

I use a motorbike not a truck and trailer. The point is to stop using these bags and eliminate them, not reintroduce them from a hoarded supply. Some people's memory does not work so well, I have one or two cotton bags that I keep forgetting to put back in the truck, or under the motorbike seat after I bring them into the house. 

On 1/12/2020 at 11:19 AM, Don Mega said:

I have what I call "my makro" tubs... I purchased them to use when I go to Makro.... now I just toss em in the pickup if going to BigC/Tesco/Foodland/Villa etc etc.

It really is not a bother.

82209331_10157400911817740_5076714127703

Good Idea I will just put these containers on the back of my bicycle... 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2020 at 2:27 AM, brokenbone said:

we can look forward to a doubling of wood production,

it may well be fully doable

co2-has-its-benefits.jpg

brilliant idea..... but where shall we plant them?

brazil? holland? singapore? libya?

no wait, australia. perfect.

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Good Idea I will just put these containers on the back of my bicycle... 

As your mode of transport is a bicycle A tub such as this is a bit overkill and not really fit for purpose but given you would not be carrying a trolley full of goods anyways you should look into buying some environmentally friendly tote bags, Lazada has a good selection.

Edited by Don Mega

8 hours ago, sucit said:

I am gonna go buy some plastic bags in bulk. If i dont need em all i will just toss em. 

I bought 3 kg of them from Makro. I've got more plastic bags here now than I ever had when they were giving them away.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

I bought 3 kg of them from Makro. I've got more plastic bags here now than I ever had when they were giving them away.

Chuck some out.

Yet again I went out and forgot to take a carrier bag with me. Fortunately Big-CX now have them for sale at a reduced price near the check-out. 

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

Plastic? ... or the reusables that they keep running out of? 

They are not the regular plastic but darned if I know what they are made of, they certainly are reuseable. No labels or anything... just took a look... because it is sitting in the house and most likely will be forgotten next shopping trip. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, tlock said:

Yeah Big C Extra is the worst customer experience with the bag ban.  I too couldn't find any paid bags the first few times.  They actually have them at some of the checkouts on the end of the gum rack, they are green and say "Bag for life".  They are 3 baht each.  I also went on Friday evening and it seemed very quiet to me as well.

The part that really bothers me about Big C Extra is that the cashiers have taken the opportunity to stop bagging.  I brought my own old plastic Big C Extra bags and put them on the conveyor belt, and the cashier just rang all the goods up and didn't touch my bags.  I noticed anyone that brought their own bag was bagging themselves.  I would estimate about 20% brought bags.  The rest either just put everything back in the cart (I assume they had cars), or just bought what they could carry.  

Foodland on Pattaya Klang is a much nicer experience.  They have plastic bags available for 1 baht that goes into a donation to "Save the Environment", and the cashiers will use my Big C bags to bag my groceries as before.  So I've switched to Foodland for most purchases, but I still buy some things at Big C.

The solution is quite simple... obviously if people volunteer to pack themselves, the staff are more than happy to leave them to it. All you need to do is give them the bags and ask them to pack. I very much doubt they would say no, but if they refuse, just wait - eventually they will pack for you. Every store I've been to, including Big C Extra, packs for me.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

The solution is quite simple... obviously if people volunteer to pack themselves, the staff are more than happy to leave them to it. All you need to do is give them the bags and ask them to pack. I very much doubt they would say no, but if they refuse, just wait - eventually they will pack for you. Every store I've been to, including Big C Extra, packs for me.

Personally, I would rather pack it myself, and I know it is done right then.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, jacko45k said:

They are not the regular plastic but darned if I know what they are made of, they certainly are reuseable. No labels or anything... just took a look... because it is sitting in the house and most likely will be forgotten next shopping trip. 

I think Big C Extra bags are made out of some kind of cotton/plastic blend fiber....

54 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I think Big C Extra bags are made out of some kind of cotton/plastic blend fiber....

Yeah, that sounds about right. Don't see the handles coping with  a dozen cans of beer though!