Firework death: Half a kilo of gunpowder for 400 baht - but you need to stand 50 feet away

webfact

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Somebody explain this please.

I think you would find the firework initially goes bang and sends a projectile 100 metres into the air then goes bang again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

The morons set up this stuff a week ahead of NY on Soi Bouakao every night. Miracle not to many got hurt. Some people here are really dumb. MS>

If the morons set up this stuff a week ahead of NY, why was only one accident reported? According to you who do you think here are really dumb and how did you figure it out?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Power of life yoga said:

Well is this not true? 

Well I saw the video and it looked like he turned the firework upside down and lit it. If that is the case then it sent then thrust of the release to the ground which then backfired and blew up as a bomb. It looked like it was 100% his fault and careless stupidity. I do say RIP to the guy but it is like firing a gun directedly into a hardened metal surface at point blank range and having the bullet come back and strike you. Meaning the firework being turned upside down did the same thing.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It had the power to explode to a distance of 328 feet and people should have been 15 meters away.

ahh! - you are kindly bowing to compensate for that Canadians have to bear with a bitsa Imperial-Metric system

Well yeah obviously you need to back away from it that’s common sense especially if you’ve ever used one of those before those things pack a huge punch. Although 400 kilos of gunpowder I could do a hell of a lot of damage with just that if I wanted to Jesus! I didn’t know it was that much but then again there’s the usual question is the article title even true? Who knows. 

Edited by DennisE
  • Confused 4