Where to donate all of my belongings?

dcnx

I’d rather give items to people who need them and not someone who will just resell them. I have almost 20 years of “stuff” that I need to get rid of. Is there a place in town where I can drop it all off?

Kitchenware, camping gear, clothes, small home furnishings, DVDs, and so on.

Moving out of here soon and getting rid of everything that’s not coming with us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amexpat said:

This seems like a fourteen year old in a sixty year old body.

What feeble attempt at xenophobic humor. 

Find an open mic comedy club and see how you do. 

The OP seems to be a kind, good hearted person. 

Unlike yourself?

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

unbelievable no one has said your local temple.

Around the temple close to us are loads of shops selling used items..they get it for free at the temple.

The prices in those shops are higher (serious) than the same items new in the malls....disgusting.

11 minutes ago, jimn said:

You just cant help it can you. Back home in the good old USA because you hate Thailand now, but spend all day on Thai Visa.

Only to keep Thai-apologists like you honest.  I hate what has become of Thailand over the years...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

AFAIK buddhist temples in Thailand accept only food or money donations

Exactly! Can't have our temples becoming dumping grounds for unsellable items (trash).

Check out this pic from Australia.... In an effort to save costs for proper disposable and to finally stop lazy, tight *ss people from dumping their no longer wanted "valuable" items (trash) at a charity shop, they erected a perimeter fence around the building and locked the gate at night.

Didn't stop the problem though as they now just dump their trash on the outside of the fence under the cover of darkness. And still the charity shop has to pay huge costs to properly dispose of same.

dumping.jpg

Why not seek out your village head and donate to your village community centre. I've done that a few times where I live and the VH notifies only those he knows are in need and they come to the community centre at a pre-determined time and gladly accept the donations.

17 hours ago, amexpat said:

This seems like a fourteen year old in a sixty year old body.

What feeble attempt at xenophobic humor. 

Find an open mic comedy club and see how you do. 

The OP seems to be a kind, good hearted person. 

The Thais will climb through the roof if it's free. 

A couple of days ago a Korean woman moved out from our floor in the condo. She left a huge pile of stuff near the central rubbish area, everything from clothing to electrical goods, computer, kitchen appliances, etc. The cleaners seemed to be very happy to collect all the items for their own use or perhaps resale. In my opinion, they are probably the most deserving to get these items since they are most likely overworked and underpaid. We do the same back in Australia by leaving stuff out on the street that we no longer need and think someone else might be able to use. RE-USE. ????

• Like 1

There is an orphanage like place for young children with no moms and dads on I think it is Wua Lai rd. These small kids need everything they can get to help them. I would be proud if I gave to them, and we do ever year. In about 2 weeks is our next time. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1