Pattaya: Thai maid savaged by Rottweilers in shop - is this breed really gentle and loving?

webfact

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Those statistics are meaningless and the website offers no details and some of the references have expired.

What are the percentages supposed to mean? 13.3% of all labradors attack, or 13.3% off all dog attacks are by Labradors?

If, for example. 8.4% of all dog attacks are by Pit Bulls, that would make Pit Bulls far more dangerous as Pit Bull ownership is miniscule compared to Labrador and German Shepherd ownership. In Australia, 0% of dog attacks are by Pit Bulls as they are banned. Does that mean they are the safest breed?

It means that contrary to popular believe even dogs which are known to be placid in nature can attack. 

The only intelligent dog owners I know are those who are aware their dogs can pose a risk at all time. 

The dumb dog owners come out with comments such as ‘oh, the worst she will do is lick your child to death’ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about these wee yappy ankle snappers?

I think that you refer to the soi dogs ?

Most of the time they are hungry because nobody feeds them ... when you go out cycling or walking , just take some snacks for them with you ... they will love you for feeding them a little bit and even wait for you every day ... no danger ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Labradors lead the pack with the most number of attacks, which is a surprising discovery when taking into account the mild nature of the dogs

Only surprising if the numbers of attacks are correlated against the same number dog ownership.

Meaning Labradors are more prevalent as a pet than say Rottweilers.

So the percentage of attacks could show as higher.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

If that woman would have worked there before , the dogs would have known her and would not have bitten her .

absolute nonsense and BS. I have read several stories recently about dogs attacking their own family kids. All different breeds including rottweilers. Those in the 5 dangerous breeds category will attack their owners, family, kids or anyone at the drop of a hat. 

These dogs should be destroyed immediately

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

absolute nonsense and BS. I have read several stories recently about dogs attacking their own family kids. All different breeds including rottweilers. Those in the 5 dangerous breeds category will attack their owners, family, kids or anyone at the drop of a hat. 

These dogs should be destroyed immediately

Absolute BS ... If a dog owner treats his dog badly and hits or hurts it often , it is clear that it becomes aggressive .

I have and had many dogs of different breeds or no breed at all , and I can tell you that , if the dog is treated in a fair and correct manner , it will not represent any danger to a member of the family .

Did you ever have a dog yourself ...?

BTW ... some people should not have dogs at all ,because if they treat them bad , they can become dangerous . But that is because of the people who have no knowledge about how to treat and raise a dog .

Would be good if someone who wants to have a dog , must pass a test first .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Absolute BS ... If a dog owner treats his dog badly and hits or hurts it often , it is clear that it becomes aggressive .

I have and had many dogs of different breeds or no breed at all , and I can tell you that , if the dog is treated in a fair and correct manner , it will not represent any danger to a member of the family .

This is where dog owners ‘go wrong’.... the make assumptions based on wishful thinking. 

Realistically there is always some risk that any animal can bite a member of the family looking after it. 

Dog owners may not like to think a dog they have lovingly bred, educated and looked after would never harm them, but again this is just wishful thinking. Thinking which is for the most part is probably close to being right, a dog which is well bred, well looked after and treated well is very unlikely to bite or attack its owners, but never say never. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

May 2019, 

An elderly woman from Sydney's south-west has died after she was attacked by her pet dog on Thursday afternoon.

Rosemary O’Reilly, 72, from Wilton, suffered significant bite wounds and lacerations to her arms, legs and body when she was attacked by the large Staffordshire terrier-Rhodesian ridgeback cross at her home.

Nov 2018,

A Canberra woman was trying to protect a man from her dog when the animal attacked and killed her, a report by the ACT coroner has found.

The report by Karen Fryar also found authorities had been warned about the animal prior to the death of Tania Klemke, 46, in October last year.

The attack began when the dog, a cross Staffordshire terrier pit bull named Simba, behaved aggressively towards a visitor to Ms Klemke's home, biting him on the thigh, according to the report.

When he tried to push the dog away using his bicycle, the man fell and the dog jumped on him.

Ms Klemke then pulled the dog away and told the man to lock himself in the laundry, but her pet turned on her and inflicted fatal injuries.

November 2019,

A pregnant woman was killed by dogs in a forest in France as a hunt took place nearby, investigators have said.

Elisa Pilarski was walking her own dogs when she was fatally mauled. (Facebook)

The body of the 29-year-old woman, Elisa Pilarski, who was walking her own dogs at the time of the attack, was found in the forest of Retz outside the northeastern village of Saint-Pierre Aigle on Saturday.

Sept 2019,

A MOTHER-of-three was mauled to death by her two pet American Bulldogs as her daughter screamed "they're attacking mum."

Neighbours threw bricks at the hell hounds in a bid to stop the fatal attack on Elayne Stanley, 44, at her home in Widnes, Chesire, yesterday at 5pm.

need I go on ....  

• Like 1

When two-year-old Tay’lynn DeVaughn was left alone with her family's pitbull mix, she was mauled to death. The attack shocked the toddler's father, Cory DeVaughn, who described the dog as normally friendly.

He told local media in Pittsburg, " I came out of the kitchen and the dog dropped the baby. His name was Jake and my baby was gone..."

DeVaughn continued, "Some man came and took the dog. I hope they kill the dog. That's what I hope. He killed my baby, so I just hope it happens to him, too.”

The dog was placed under quarantine shortly after the fatal attack.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A Las Vegas family was celebrating their son's first birthday when the baby was unexpectedly attacked by the family dog. Jeremiah Eskew Shahan had grabbed onto the six-year-old Mastiff/Rhodesian mix's fur to pull himself up, which prompted the dog to react. The 120-pound dog bit the boy's head and began viciously shaking him back and forth. The family finally removed the boy from the dog's jaws, but it was too late: the dog had broken his neck. The dog was placed on observation after the attack.

Toddler Dismembered by Family Dog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Two-month-old Aiden McGrew was in a baby swing inside his Ridgeville, South Carolina, home when the family dog, Lucky, mauled him. The Golden Retriever/Labrador mix pulled Aiden from the swing and tore off the child's legs. Aiden's father was sleeping while the vicious attack took place, and the boy's mother found his body when she returned home. Aidan was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

When two-year-old Tay’lynn DeVaughn was left alone with her family's pitbull mix, she was mauled to death. The attack shocked the toddler's father, Cory DeVaughn, who described the dog as normally friendly.

He told local media in Pittsburg, " I came out of the kitchen and the dog dropped the baby. His name was Jake and my baby was gone..."

DeVaughn continued, "Some man came and took the dog. I hope they kill the dog. That's what I hope. He killed my baby, so I just hope it happens to him, too.”

The dog was placed under quarantine shortly after the fatal attack.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A Las Vegas family was celebrating their son's first birthday when the baby was unexpectedly attacked by the family dog. Jeremiah Eskew Shahan had grabbed onto the six-year-old Mastiff/Rhodesian mix's fur to pull himself up, which prompted the dog to react. The 120-pound dog bit the boy's head and began viciously shaking him back and forth. The family finally removed the boy from the dog's jaws, but it was too late: the dog had broken his neck. The dog was placed on observation after the attack.

Toddler Dismembered by Family Dog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Two-month-old Aiden McGrew was in a baby swing inside his Ridgeville, South Carolina, home when the family dog, Lucky, mauled him. The Golden Retriever/Labrador mix pulled Aiden from the swing and tore off the child's legs. Aiden's father was sleeping while the vicious attack took place, and the boy's mother found his body when she returned home. Aidan was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes , there are some horror stories around , I agree . I would like to know a little more about each individual case , as I do not believe that  (all ) dogs are vicious by nature . There may be some who became uncontrollably aggressive for what ever reason , I do not know ...

But in my opinion people are still much less trustworthy ... I do not want to research all these stories about people killing people for whatever or no reason at all ... there are simply too many around ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , there are some horror stories around , I agree . I would like to know a little more about each individual case , as I do not believe that  (all ) dogs are vicious by nature . There may be some who became uncontrollably aggressive for what ever reason , I do not know ...

But in my opinion people are still much less trustworthy ... I do not want to research all these stories about people killing people for whatever or no reason at all ... there are simply too many around

[But in my opinion people are still much less trustworthy]...

In what context?

Are your family less trustworthy than your family pet dog? would you trust your child in the care of dog more than a family member?

Would you trust the safety of your child in the presence of a stranger less than in the presence of a dog you don’t know?

I think some poeple may use this comment ‘people are less trust worth than dogs’ in a flawed attempt loaded with bias to portray their love of their animals..... 

Each situation is individual however, when comparing ‘like for like’ (i.e. a stranger vs a stranger dog) humans are far more trustworthy, although obviously we would be cautions with both. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:
47 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

An unbiased opinion.  But don't you mean that yours has not been unpredictable so far?

And you trust people ?

Some, yes.  Why d'you ask that, were people involved in this savaging?

Edited by Just Weird

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

anyway,  all i'm saying is some breeds will attack their own owners or family kids for no reason at any time and it's fact. 

You should not generalize ... or say that SOME dogs of a certain breed might attack their owner for a reason or not ...

But the same goes for some people who might attack you for no reason at any time and that is a fact , too ...

44 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

I think that you refer to the soi dogs ?

Most of the time they are hungry because nobody feeds them ... when you go out cycling or walking , just take some snacks for them with you ... they will love you for feeding them a little bit and even wait for you every day ... no danger ...

I was actually referring to these wee hairy things like Yorkies and Scots terriers.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

[But in my opinion people are still much less trustworthy]...

In what context?

Are your family less trustworthy than your family pet dog? would you trust your child in the care of dog more than a family member?

Would you trust the safety of your child in the presence of a stranger less than in the presence of a dog you don’t know?

I think some poeple may use this comment ‘people are less trust worth than dogs’ in a flawed attempt loaded with bias to portray their love of their animals..... 

Each situation is individual however, when comparing ‘like for like’ (i.e. a stranger vs a stranger dog) humans are far more trustworthy, although obviously we would be cautions with both. 

When I say ' people ' , I do not talk about family members ... I know my family members , I talk about strangers , people who you meet somewhere outside ... If you trust somebody you do not know , you are simply stupid .

How many people get killed by dogs ? and how many by members of their own species  ?

Edited by nobodysfriend

7 hours ago, BestB said:

It is a large size , powerful dog, an attack by a large powerful dog does lots of damage . If golden or any of the large breeds attacked , results would be the same.

• Labrador retrievers: 13.3%
  • Pit Bulls: 8.4%
  • German Shepherds: 7.8%
  • Rottweilers: 3.9%
  • Chows: 3.5%

Labradors lead the pack with the most number of attacks, which is a surprising discovery when taking into account the mild nature of the dogs.
https://chicagoinjurycenter.com/common-breeds

I think it is only because there are a lot more Labrador retrievers owned around then world that Pit Bulls.... 

5 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Once worked as a telephone repairman. Found small breeds - chihuahuas, pomeranians, ..., etc the nastiest, although hardly threatening. 

Had many pleasant encounters with pitbulls, Rottweilers, and other "bad" breeds. Once played with a client's pitbull's puppies, as the dog was feeding them. Surprisingly, I encountered many aggressive Dalmatians. 

The only dog that ever managed to actually bite me was a Australian Shepard, named Heidi. I had it put outside. But, the daughter came home and let it in. "Surprise!" Bite me square in the back.

Dogs are dogs. Any breed has the potential to attack. As predators, it's in their nature. It's just the some are better at it than others.

vicious_chihuahua.jpg

Yes, but the maid would not have sustained such serious injuries from 2 Chihuahuas!  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

When I say ' people ' , I do not talk about family members ... I know my family members , I talk about strangers , people who you meet somewhere outside ... If you trust somebody you do not know , you are simply stupid .

How many people get killed by dogs ? and how many by members of their own species  ?

Your comment was that Dogs are more trust worthy than people. 

So, comparing ‘like for like’...   

Do you trust your family dog more than your family? (i.e. if alone in a room with a small child)

Do you trust an unknown dog more than you would trust a stranger? (i.e. if alone in a room with a small child)

The idea that Dogs are more trustworthy than a human is just preposterous. It's wishful thinking which simply cannot be backed up by any intelligent logic. 

It would be highly amiss of any parent to leave a child alone in a room with any dog, the same cannot be said of leaving a child alone with humans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1