Lufthansa deploys Airbus A380 to increase capacity on flights to Thailand

webfact

Lufthansa deploys Airbus A380 to increase capacity on flights to Thailand

By THE NATION

800_319ba3fa06a6a78.jpg?v=1578377084

Lufthansa Group is expanding its passenger capacity on its Bangkok to Frankfurt route by using the world's largest aircraft, the Airbus A380.

It is the only European carrier operating the A380 to Thailand. 

The airline said the expanded service targets both Thai customers and international visitors to Thailand seeking a unique flying experience on long-haul flights to and from Europe. 

Stefan Molnar, Lufthansa Group’s general manager for Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and the Mekong Region, said: "Lufthansa remains highly committed and confident about Thailand. It is a very important market for us. Last year we welcomed 800.000 passengers on flights to and from Thailand. We are certain outbound travel from Thailand will sustain good growth.” Currently, Lufthansa Group serves Thailand with four airlines:

Austrian, Swiss, Eurowings and Lufthansa. Together they offer customers 31 weekly flights between Thailand and some of the most important cities in Europe: Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich and Munich that has the only European five-star airport.

LHG%202-metre-long%20bed%20in%20First%20

In First Class, the seat can be converted into a 2-metre-long bed with a comfortable mattress and a temperature-regulating duvet.

Lufthansa initially increased capacity by going from the Boeing 747-400 to the Airbus A380 during the 2017-18 winter schedule. This is the third season Lufthansa is operating an A380 on the Frankfurt-Bangkok route. 

The airline said first class offers passengers exclusivity and privacy with only eight seats and premium features. The A380 business class offers 78 lie-flat seats stretching across the aircraft’s entire upper deck and unique inflight entertainment.

LHG%20First%20Class%20on%20A380.jpg

LHG First Class on A380

As one of the world's leading airlines, Lufthansa offers more than 5,200 weekly flights and currently serves about 200 destinations in 74 countries operating from its hubs in Frankfurt and Munich.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30380231

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-07

Must be an upturn here then

flew here BHX Frankfurt BKK in May on Lufthansa on a nearly empty airbus something not a 380

Having said that the connection BHX to Frankfurt i have never been on such packed plane (well it was 100% full) and stowing carry on baggage was certainly a problem

Traffic EUR-TH is extremely seasonal for airls and Jan is peak-high and april+may peak low. Brits are well known-just like their undersized trains, for having the worst due to once being the first-narrow tiny planes with people who think they can behave like on a jumbojet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Hmmm, I flew a LH Airbus BKK-FRA-BKK back in Nov. I am not sure what the news is here. During peak season there are normally 2 flights a day, one using a 777-200er and the other a A380. It's been like this for years.

Same as my son in June/July and one of my friends in November/December. They were on the A-380 to BKK and returned to FRA with the A-380.

Flew Thai airways on an A380 a couple weeks ago from Frankfurt to Bangkok and it was full.  Nice flight and I love the A380.  Surprisingly, flying from Washington/Dulles to Bangkok on the day I wanted to fly, Lufthansa/Thai was the cheapest flight I could find on the website I use. Lufthansa flew the first leg to Frankfurt with a 747.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

Germans still come?

My German friend says it's too expensive to come here for him and his family... he's booked Egypt this year in a real family friendly resort.

maybe with the favourable Baht it's outbound traffic that needs the space?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

Germans still come?

Yes, but less and less of my acquaintances.

And most of them have family ties and children coming during summer holidays.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

My German friend says it's too expensive to come here

About 1000 Euro FRA - BKK return economy end of January, two weeks.

Indeed not a bargain.

For the fearless there is still Emirates (6xx Euro).

Egypt Air, ooh no.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Katipo said:

Hmmm, I flew a LH Airbus BKK-FRA-BKK back in Nov. I am not sure what the news is here. During peak season there are normally 2 flights a day, one using a 777-200er and the other a A380. It's been like this for years.

Not news really. LH changed to an A380 from the A340 for the high season before Christmas.

Other news is that Luftwaffe don't have any 777 variants in their fleet.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, but less and less of my acquaintances.

And most of them have family ties and children coming during summer holidays.

About 1000 Euro FRA - BKK return economy end of January, two weeks.

Indeed not a bargain.

For the fearless there is still Emirates (6xx Euro).

Egypt Air, ooh no.

Just  paid 65k  baht, Air  France  Thailand  to the UK Business  class a350  lie  flat beds etc departing May to  july

56 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Just  paid 65k  baht, Air  France  Thailand  to the UK Business  class a350  lie  flat beds etc departing May to  july

Please tell if that was through an agent or the airline direct?

9 hours ago, newnative said:

Flew Thai airways on an A380 a couple weeks ago from Frankfurt to Bangkok and it was full.  Nice flight and I love the A380.  Surprisingly, flying from Washington/Dulles to Bangkok on the day I wanted to fly, Lufthansa/Thai was the cheapest flight I could find on the website I use. Lufthansa flew the first leg to Frankfurt with a 747.

I've several times flown long-haul into Bangkok from Europe in recent years. The flights are often full, but few people - around 50-60 - collect luggage. Most are in transit to somewhere else.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, Katipo said:

There is no 777-200er in the Lufthansa fleet!