How do I get my 400,000 baht back?

CNXexpat

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

In Thailand if you lend someone money you should consider that money as gone forever. I am sorry that in your case it is so much. You have no chance of ever getting a penny back.

Whatever you think you have i.e. 25% of nothing you should just forget about it and move on. Next time be more careful. 

Someone should make this a sticky for newcomers to Thailand. Very helpful for people (idiots) wanting to do business here.

It is easy to get money from foolish people.

It is difficult or unlikely that foolish people maintain their hold on acquired wealth.

15 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

that you've given an obviously unknown guy

Do you understood the word "friend" in the posting? Ok, I am a Germany not an American or Briton who calls everybody after the first beer a "friend".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

Do you understood the word "friend" in the posting? Ok, I am a Germany not an American or Briton who calls everybody after the first beer a "friend".

Sounds like they saw you coming mate.

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Ich versteh das sogar sehr gut. I'm from the same country. But too many people are making too many problems. 

I've made my own mistakes and I'm not pointing my finger at you. It was just a bit naive to believe that the cash would reproduce.

My apologies, I'd given my best friend a good amount of money when our house was sold and I only told him that I wanted it back after a year, without any interest when his company was in troubles.

But he was so deep in shi_e that he couldn't pay me back. I flew to Germany to get my money, but came back without cash.

It happened to me, so please forgive me. I still hope that you'll find a way to get at least the most back.

Knowing a lawyer would perhaps be a good start. Best of luck!

Greetings from lower northeast. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
N' Gutes Neues Jahr!!!
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 1:32 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Short version: Forget it! The money is gone and you won't see it again.

And I mean forget it including forget doing anything against the Thai women. Because she is in a much better position to create trouble for you compared what you can do for her. Imagine you will do something where she loses face big time? Do you think she will understand that you are right and she is wrong and that's it? 555

FORGET IT