Do you prefer rural or urban Thailand

sipi

Do you prefer rural or urban Thailand  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Rural Thailand for me, hate it when I have to visit the Bangkok or similar and cant wait to get out of there.

The rural quiet is pure escapism far from the pressures and hectic pace of the big cities. Its like "stop the world I'm getting off" when I arrive back in the small village to my home surrounded by nothing but open fields and a Mountain range on the horizon.....aaahhhhh..bliss. A lifestyle I could never ever have achieved in the home country, thank you Thailand.

I'm hearing you Charlie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sipi said:

Thanks Salerno.

No worries.

Being as quite a stark choice had to go urban; always been a city boy and enjoy clubbing ... but, as I "grow up" must say, enjoyed hanging out up Maha Sarakam way, chilling on ye olde wooden platform without walls etc. with the chickens (scrawny as they are) wandering around. Starting to think I could end up going bush.

• Like 2

Sitting here at 4.36pm been enjoying my day, now looking straight out both windows at the far end of our 48 square metre bedroom to green, green, green, look to the left, green, green, green.

No one too close to us on either side of our home, no one behind us or on the opposite side of the road, wife just came home with the 4 kids from school, there goes my peace and quiet.......the bridge is only 250 metres up the road, I hope the muddy river water is deep enough ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

Im very ambivalent. I spent years in Alaska so it was Mountains and scenery. I had no urban throb.

Now in Bangkok, I have urban throb. Like major throbbing throbbbbbbb.

Next year I may try to do a balance by splitting my time in 3 places to get a bit of everything.

But I might spend all summer in Wyoming/Idaho/Montana so may need throb again next winter.

I wish I could have a car here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Semi-rural in all circumstances-including my home country.

If you were to pick my house up in Australia and dump it in Thailand it would be exactly as my house in Thailand. Exactly.