Life lesson! Octogenarian - formerly wealthy - now works 11 hour shift at department store

webfact

Life lesson! Octogenarian - formerly wealthy - now works 11 hour shift at department store

8pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on a story from a Facebook poster about a man who used to own a boat business and now is a sales worker at a department store. 

"Lung Pracha" used to employ 200 people until his business went under. 

He lost all his money and all his friends, it was a veritable life lesson suggested Thai Rath in their headline.

Poster Phalakorn Thesanam said he had come across an old man selling things at the store and enquired why a 70 something man might still be at work. 

He turned out to be 81. 

He said he needed to work because he was hungry and he was thankful to the manager who hired him.

Even though he needs to work every minute from 9am to 8pm every day. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, I guess he is the only one in the department store that doesn´t get a lunch break. Somebody should tell the manager that he shouldn´t bully 81 year old people. They also need to eat.

Those who , like me , sometimes go to a large Thai area know that where in Europe there are 3 or 4 employees, in Thailand there are 12 or 15 to do the same job (we understand better why unemployment is so low but also why wages are too :whistling:);
I highly doubt that this old gentleman works differently from his younger colleagues;
he may not have a smartphone or does not know how to use it (like me :cheesy:) and therefore takes care of moving a bowl or a plate so as not to twist his thumbs ...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Enzian said:

My half-my-age Thai girlfriend says that when she met me she didn't know I had money, that it matters not a whit to her, that she would never leave me if I lost it all.. and you guys, stop laughing out there!

Brad (Pitt) I'm surprised you have anytime to post here what with your movies and such like.  Women always know they can smell money even when they can't see it - from the clothes, watches and shoes you wear and all the other details of your life. Women aren't stupid on the whole - unlike a lot of us men  ????????. Lovely story btw probably a really nice bloke. Melania's 49 btw. 

Image result for trump melania

Edited by URMySunshine

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Poster Phalakorn Thesanam said he had come across an old man selling things at the store and enquired why a 70 something man might still be at work. 

What so unusual about 70 something year olds still working? I see them regularly 

And what is this "life lesson" they talk about? Don't get old and poor?

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Brad (Pitt) I'm surprised you have anytime to post here what with your movies and such like.  Women always know they can smell money even when they can't see it - from the clothes, watches and shoes you wear and all the other details of your life. Women aren't stupid on the whole - unlike a lot of us men  ????????. Lovely story btw probably a really nice bloke. Melania's 49 btw. 

Yeah, and she seems unhappy about it.

Or, maybe something else is making her so glum. She looks like she just stepped in dogsh*t. 

I suppose in a way she has.

It may be much more difficult to scrape off her shoe than she thought. 

23 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Only 49 and doesn't she look so happy in that photo.

Edit.

Note to self.

Read through to last post so you're not repeating the previous post. ????????

Edited by overherebc

On 1/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, URMySunshine said:

She looks like she aged dramatically during Trump's 3 year presidency.