Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Police arrest school director for Lopburi shopping mall shooting - reports

webfact

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

They need to find the loot and tie it to him. Channel 3 is showing blurred-out images of the dude.

They said that robbery was not the motive, so what is the motive? Jealousy, maybe one of his mia noi,s played up on him.

Gambling debt, is not a motive to kill a little boy, but jealousy would be more probable.

Either way he is a very sick SOAB .

He deserves the harshest penalty, if the BIB have the real man.

I would guess that they probably do have , what will the motive be-- stay tuned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfalfa19 said:

safe house = torture chamber.   i hope they got the right guy.   but i can't really see them framing up a school director. 

He is/was director of a temple school. So surely not a Hi-So guy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yang123 said:

So the alleged perp has confessed all.....but the gold he grabbed has not been found.

Bit odd, innit? ????

Why is that a bit odd?  Perhaps he sold it, I'm sure he didn't steal it just to add to his collection.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Haha 1

Media frenzy as alleged Lopburi gold shop robber named - he’s a teacher and firearms expert

Lopburi.jpg

Alleged perpetrator Prasittichai Khaokaew

Thai media was scrambling for information as national police chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda prepared to brief the press following news that a suspect has been arrested in the case of the callous Lopburi gold shop heist on January 9th.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1144553-media-frenzy-as-alleged-lopburi-gold-shop-robber-named-he’s-a-teacher-and-firearms-expert/

• Like 1

Okay...I am not saying, he is NOT the guy!

After all, I have not enough information to make my own informed opinion.

But...haven't I seen this pattern before?

brutal thing happens...influential persons may be involved ... "could have been a foreigner" ('cause...you know...a Thai could never do such a thing!)...suddenly someone gets arrested...and taken to a safe house...and confesses...

I'd rather hold my celebrations!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

So which is it. My 10 year old could do better than this. "...either a teacher and/or director." Hands up class. Who's seen a director teaching?

If he's from a hi-so school will they name the school?

Read the report:

The report identified the suspect, Prasittichai Khaokaew, as a firearms coach and director of Wat Pho Chai School in Singburi province. 

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Interesting. Are they then suggesting that he went there to murder someone and the robbery was a diversion? Would surely have been easier to do the murder away from the CCTV.

I heard he was on a Suicide mission but the regular police were not there

• Haha 1

"They further suggested that their sources indicated that the primary motive for the incident was NOT robbery."

So he went there to murder a toddler and some bystanders, and decided to steal some gold as an afterthought?

Confused? ???? I am!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

So he went there to murder a toddler and some bystanders, and decided to steal some gold as an afterthought?

It's been suggested that the 'target' was one of the girls behind the counter who he shot 3 times. I've also read that the youngster was hit by a ricochet.

Edited by HHTel
addition