Thai airport says still limiting virus scans as 7th patient reported

rooster59

There is still something that bothers me ..
Cambodia has almost become a Chinese province;
as for Laos, it is almost the same thing with these tens of thousands of Chinese who make dams on the Mekong and who are truck drivers registered in China.
However, Laotians and Cambodians who rub shoulders with these Chinese people every day can pass through Thailand without taking the "official" routes;
myself, living not very far from Nong Khai, I know enough corners where we can pass discreetly in Laos without showing white paw ..
I fear very much that this virus is already "in force" in Thailand ...

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 8:24 AM, mtls2005 said:

Interesting advice...

"No unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals"

I also like "thoroughly cook meat and eggs". Is the unprotected handling of raw meat and eggs a risk?

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Yeah but you'll be in Cambodia so why should you care? If I was waist deep in the joys that Cambo can bring I wouldn't be wringing my hands about a flu bug in China.

Which incidentally is all it is.

Im waste deep in the Mango right now and even the flu screws me up. I need stuff at Fortune Twon and Paragon,  but I am stuck waiting for the govt to put the chinese under lock and key.  

I told my kid to stay in the Phils. Three of her teachers quit today and went to the states via europe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkkthebest said:

Either you believe it or you don't. Just because you don't believe it, it does not mean they have to prove it to you. 

It's not a case of believing it or not.  There are a whole bunch of conspiracy theories out there.  Why would you pick one of the many and say "I believe that one".

I agree that there is a lot of circumstantial thinking in that there is actually a BSL-4 lab around 20 miles from the market.  It was cleared for opening in 2017.  There is no evidence to suggest that this was the cause of the outbreak.

The US has 13 of these labs. They come under the umbrella of the WHO. 

On 1/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, madmitch said:

Accoding to the BBC and the newspaper that can't be quoted on here, China is suspending the sale of packege tours abroad from tomorrow. Now that will have the Thai tourism authorities worried plus many businesses of course.

I heard that suspension stars today for all tours.

Betty H. Olson

Professor, Environmental Health, Science, and Policy
School of Social Ecology
Professor, Community & Environmental Medicine
School of Medicine
PH.D., University of California, Berkeley is now reporting that you will need a "AntiViral" mask that will filter down to the 0.12 micron level. https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/esggkp/just_in_3m_air_pollution_masks_dont_protect/

My daughter, who is a surgical ICU nurse in Florida, just informed me they now have a patient with confirmed Coronavirus in the ICU.  She said full precautions are being undertaken.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's the one from John Hopkins University that uses Chinese sources. No updates for hours now. Here's the direct link: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

'As of Jan 26, 2020 11 pm EST'. It's 8:51 AM in EST now.

Thank you, the article that was attached to the one I posted was very informative.  Many more possible cases in the US, just not confirmed yet.

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank you, the article that was attached to the one I posted was very informative.  Many more possible cases in the US, just not confirmed yet.

They just updated it. 10 hours and the count only got up by a hundred or so. I don't think so. One data source must be offline/not updating, probably this one https://3g.dxy.cn/newh5/view/pneumonia

Or they could have simply ran out of necessary supplies to do further diagnostics.

Edited by DrTuner