Thai airport says still limiting virus scans as 7th patient reported

rooster59

Airport screening does not work. As an Australian Immigration Inspector when the SARS was an issue it was proven that the airport screening did not work because it only picks up a raised temperature of the human body which could be caused by a simple thing like a headache. The first Chinese person that has been hospitalized in Monash Medical Centre with a case of this virus entered Melbourne, Australia with no symptoms what so ever and it took 2 days for the symptoms to start to show which means that if there was a screening process at Melbourne airport then it would not have detected anything wrong with this person but would have stopped the next person for having a simple headache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

He does have a point about their disgusting behaviour

I live in China, I dont see the 'disgusting' behaviour he describes. I might see an old guy spit, he knows no better he's been in the paddies all his life. I might see a Grandma holding a toddler over a drain so the kid can pee. They don't use nappies. The kids have split pants. One of his stories is a of a Chinese woman leaving a soiled nappy in Big C. Nonsense.

The way he speaks there's legions of Chinese busily p****ng in the streets. He's a bigot. he admitted it.

People like that are probably at home now, sitting in their semen splattered underpants inventing more stories for his own gratification.

Edited by Traubert
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Outbreak!

In March 2019, a shipment of exceptionally virulent bio-agents, including a strain of coronavirus from Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory, made its way to China. The event caused a major scandal with experts questioning why Canada was shipping level-4 bio-agents to China. Scientists from the NML said the highly lethal viruses had the potential to be weaponized.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I have worked there 4 times, onshore & offshore and to see them spitting their food out then eating it again or spitting it on the floor.....

I would either try to be the first to eat or the last to eat. I was working in Kepple shipyard in Singapore on long term nightshift so I would get back after finishing my shift to where I was staying in a 5 star hotel at the top of Orchard Road. One morning a Chinese guy was doing his throat clearance in the breakfast restaurant and was just about to spit on his plate when he was dragged off by the staff into the toilet. If you have never seen anything like this you really are living in Chinese HISO society.

Nope. I'm living in 2020 China.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Yeah well so does my brat and she sees them spitting a lot. Ive seen it too. Ive seen the ladies hold the kid over the wastebasket too.

I expect the Chinese government to exact the severest possible remedies to stop this. Xi Rules by the Mandate of Heaven and looks like heaven is mad. If this isnt nipped in the bud, I expect major repercussions in China, which is a house of cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I have worked there 4 times, onshore & offshore and to see them spitting their food out then eating it again or spitting it on the floor.....

I would either try to be the first to eat or the last to eat. I was working in Kepple shipyard in Singapore on long term nightshift so I would get back after finishing my shift to where I was staying in a 5 star hotel at the top of Orchard Road. One morning a Chinese guy was doing his throat clearance in the breakfast restaurant and was just about to spit on his plate when he was dragged off by the staff into the toilet. If you have never seen anything like this you really are living in Chinese HISO society.

When I was working in Beijing the cleaners at the office would often come into the staff room just to cough their guts up in the kitchen sink. 

Unbelievably, I didn't tend to eat in that particular staff room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

not so long ago when I saw the things I described. what I described were Chinese nationals but do you want me to expand it to ethnic Chinese in other countries like Malaysia?

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Airport screening does not work. As an Australian Immigration Inspector when the SARS was an issue it was proven that the airport screening did not work because it only picks up a raised temperature of the human body which could be caused by a simple thing like a headache. The first Chinese person that has been hospitalized in Monash Medical Centre with a case of this virus entered Melbourne, Australia with no symptoms what so ever and it took 2 days for the symptoms to start to show which means that if there was a screening process at Melbourne airport then it would not have detected anything wrong with this person but would have stopped the next person for having a simple headache.

...and then nailed the third and fourth persons who already had full-blown symptoms because they were exposed to the virus more than 2 days before the first person.

• Like 1

If only Australia had TM30s ...

Professor Murphy said both NSW and Victorian health authorities were "working flat-out" to track down passengers who sat within two rows of the infected individuals.

He said these were the passengers with "real potential of any cross-infection" and were at "highest risk".

However, it is proving to be a tedious task, with authorities having to decipher contact details on the landing cards which passengers are required to fill out by hand upon arrival.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-26/australian-health-officials-race-to-trace-airline-passengers-wh/11901274

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Rawnthai said:

It only makes “cents”, less money to skim if they create a scare.  It is affecting tourism. I have family considering canceling a trip here in February.

Yes don't upset the tourist dollar under ANY circumstances.[Even if it kills people]

18 hours ago, robertson468 said:

If these numties just listen to the news they would know there are at least 10 Chinese Cities on lock-down.  Again, incompetant decisions by those who have their priorities totally wrong!

Thailand is only interested in the money and not the well being of the the Countries citizens... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

And that's just the least of it, because I have witnessed them spitting on the floors of shopping malls {yes inside of the malls) and one did it right next to me so I shouted at him "you dirty bar-steward", but he walked on oblivious.

If you shouted in mandarin, he will not walked on oblivious. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

The virus actually comes from a lab in Wuhan, not from the animal market.. 

https://gnews.org/89749/

So it sounds like it was being worked on for weaponization......we should all be very ashamed of this kind of technology....it will not make the world a safer place...….

54 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

If you shouted in mandarin, he will not walked on oblivious. 

Meaning he walked on oblivious to the fact that spitting on the floor of a shopping mall was filthy.......though mandarin would have helped.

Although the Chinese guy cutting his toenails on the low table in my local Starbucks did look surprised when the Manager stood over him shouting angrily at what he was doing, as did I, seems he thought it was ok!! Disgusting.

• Like 1

Thai stopping their beloved  BIG SPENDING 555, PACKAGE TOUR, CHEAP CHARLIE Chinese from entering Thialand! 

Irionically the Chiese, who the Dark People, formally known as Siamese and now known as cheating Tha,  were forcibly kicked out of southern China because the Dark People were then considered undesirables by the Chinese...

Nothng much has changed over the centuries ...

Tables turned? I think not, if money is involved, Thai will do what it takes to get that money. Consider the pollution, destruction and death Thia farmers are contributing to.

T.I.S.T Says it all about that place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah well so does my brat and she sees them spitting a lot. Ive seen it too. Ive seen the ladies hold the kid over the wastebasket too.

I expect the Chinese government to exact the severest possible remedies to stop this. Xi Rules by the Mandate of Heaven and looks like heaven is mad. If this isnt nipped in the bud, I expect major repercussions in China, which is a house of cards.

Yeah but you'll be in Cambodia so why should you care? If I was waist deep in the joys that Cambo can bring I wouldn't be wringing my hands about a flu bug in China.

Which incidentally is all it is.

• Sad 2

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/26/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-update-intl-hnk/index.html

The death toll from the Wuhan coronavirus now stands at 80, with almost 2,800 cases confirmed across China, as the country initiates emergency procedures to try and rein in the pathogen's global spread.

Making that task more difficult is the fact that the virus can be spread before any symptoms appear, Chinese health authorities said Sunday, meaning carriers may not realize they are infected before they transmit the virus to others.
Across China, 15 cities with a combined population of over 57 million people -- more than the entire population of South Korea -- have been placed under full or partial lockdown.