Youtubers taking secret videos in pattaya and Bangkok

bbabythai

On 1/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, BobinBKK said:

I think it's hilarious and I could care less. But if it angers the moron locals that don't want the world to see and know the truth, then I'm all for it.

So you've known your teeraak for ten years.

Happily married now. 

Then you see old footage of her plastered all over the internet from 15 years ago

And it's there forever.

And it isn't moron locals who can see it.

Everyone can see it!!

Get done in court for whatever, do your time, eventually everyone forgets. The internet isn't like that.

Condemned for every.

Smash every YouTuber in the face.

Edited by emptypockets

On 1/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

Such aIf the youtuber is generating income from the videos then they need to get a signed waver from the 'models / actors' if they can be identified in the video. Someone with deep pockets could send a cease and desist letter to the owner and see how it goes.

I'm not an attorney, but as with P2P file sharing, I believe you can issue such a demand only for the content you own or portrays you, not as a generalized demand. 

So I guess you could force removal of your content but it's a drop in the bucket and difficult to monitor and enforce even then. 

Like most privacy laws there are very few teeth in them to provide relief from invasion. We can run but we can't hide. 

And not forget that it can be also a DEFAMATION if you filming people without consent maybe with a prostitute or in an bad moment.

OFFENCE OF DEFAMATION
Section 326
Whoever, imputes anything to the other person before a third person in a manner  likely to impair the reputation of such other person or to expose such other person to be hated  or scorned, is said to commit defamation, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fined not exceeding twenty thousand Baht, or both.

Section 328
If the offence of defamation be committed by means of publication of a document, drawing, painting, cinematography  film,  picture  or  letters  made  visible  by  any means, gramophonerecord or an other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years and fined not exceeding two hundred thousand Baht.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Bit of a stretch quoting that legislation.

No it isn't!!! This is the media law in Thailand. Private filming is allowed so long as you use it PRIVATE (look the video at home and/or with friends)!!! To show videos on youtube or other social medias is a commercial use and you need a permission before you are allowed to filming. ????

And not think the RTP is to stupid to get a court order for get the ip addresses from youtube.

This youtubers can only be happy that to now no one do something against they. But who nows, maybe tomorrow they are locked up. Personally I would welcome it!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, snowgard said:

This is the media law in Thailand.

The legislation quoted is for people wanting to make a movie/TV show. If, as you say, it covers everything, you wouldn't have any images in newspapers or on the news without the photographer or film crew getting releases signed.

What youtuber do? They are filmmakers. They make movies, clips, docus or whatever you want call it and publish it PUBLIC worldwide!!! So it fall 100% under this law. And they will need a permission for filming before.

Note: According to the Film Act B.E. 2551(2008), any foreign filmmaker wishing to shoot film including documentary, music video, commercial, TV program and docudrama in Thailand, has to apply for permission from Thailand Film Office. OTD. Failure to seek the permission will subject violators to punitive fines and prison terms as stated in the Act. 

Nothing more to say!!!

Another thing is, this is my own meaning, that the most judges will see this youtube clips as a very bad impact on the moral, image and reputation of thailand in foreign countries. And I am sure if a youtuber is brought to court they will feel the full power of this law.

But if they are old enough to fly to thailand, they will be also old enough to sit in BangKwang. ????

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:43 AM, DannyCarlton said:

The problem is with the current trend of live streaming on YouTube. No chance of objecting to it, it's already out there. I realise that in today's world cameras are everywhere but I expect some privacy when sat in a closed bar. It's a private place and as such is illegal to film.

The most notorious Pattaya YouTuber, currently, is Barfines & Powerlines, (henceforth referred to as the fat four eyed ginger Tyke) who will livestream in closed bars whether the customers object or not. Done it a couple of times in Nightwish bars. Complain to management? Not a chance, he's sponsord by Nightwish and wears their T Shirts when making videos. They obviously regard him as good publicity for their bars.

These people, due to them being constantly reported, do have their accounts suspended but just create a new account with a similar name. You can't win.

It's becoming more of a than coronavirus in Pattaya.

Ill take my chances with coronavirus.

To even be vaguely concerned about this boggles my mind

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 9:43 AM, DannyCarlton said:

The problem is with the current trend of live streaming on YouTube. No chance of objecting to it, it's already out there. I realise that in today's world cameras are everywhere but I expect some privacy when sat in a closed bar. It's a private place and as such is illegal to film.

The most notorious Pattaya YouTuber, currently, is Barfines & Powerlines, (henceforth referred to as the fat four eyed ginger Tyke) who will livestream in closed bars whether the customers object or not. Done it a couple of times in Nightwish bars. Complain to management? Not a chance, he's sponsord by Nightwish and wears their T Shirts when making videos. They obviously regard him as good publicity for their bars.

These people, due to them being constantly reported, do have their accounts suspended but just create a new account with a similar name. You can't win.

It's becoming more of a plague than coronavirus in Pattaya.

Odds are the bar you are in also has cameras on you. Cameras are everywhere here in Thailand as without them the bib would never solve a crime.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You're being filmed, everywhere, whether you, I or they like it or not. Your private residence hopefully being the exception, but that depends on which tech products you own and your ability or inability to understand their reach. Pissing, moaning, online badassery, nor empty vague legal threats will prevent it. ????

Probably best to be mindful of your surroundings, in entirety.

Wise up, it's not 1995 anymore. ????

• Sad 1