Full force of Thai immigration descends on little old lady trying to make ends meet

webfact

4 minutes ago, Docno said:

There are many poor people surviving back in Laos who are not breaking the law. She did have the choice not to break the law. I don't know her story, so I can't judge too harshly … I'm only saying that there are often consequences for knowingly breaking the law. I have had a number of Thai friends who knowingly broke the law by working illegally in Singapore. They were poor by Singaporean standards (as many Lao are poor by Thai standards), but they also knew the risks they were taking and were prepared to face the consequences if caught. They did not indulge in self-pity nor would want the pity of others. I would have felt bad if they were caught, but I would not have blamed the authorities for enforcing laws that all knew were in place.   

But you are right Docno... it was just a spontaneous remark of mine, no more, and not a roundabout way to criticize what you wrote ????

• Like 1

Hypocrisy...

Double standards...

Suppose the boys (and ladies) in the immigration offices have the cream jobs, and the grunts out on patrol have to do this type of sad action..

Suppose it's ok to say she is just a sad old woman trying to etch out a living. 

And doing nobody any harm. 

Pity on the person who dobbed her in..

Buddha will not forget. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

What an absolutely pathetic situation, huge team of immigration plonkers, aided by labour department, and protection agencies.

This country is going to the dogs, an older lady being hounded by a large group of men , when all it needed was 1 man, or maybe they were scared she was a martial arts expert.????

thais dont do stuff alone. it always has to be in a group with lots of stupid chatter i dont understand.

Edited by fhickson

There are a lot  of  knockers here missing the point, an overstay or working without a permit is against  the rules, agree or not the rules are the rules,  what is without question is why the hysteria by IO over such a crime like working on a building site for 300 baht a day and being proud as it only took that many to achieve the result.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Next week the employer will want her back as no Thai will do the job for 300 Bht a day.

The time could be better spent catching the real criminals

Tried to get some work done in the village by the relatives. 

Even they want 450 or 500 a day now...

What's the world coming to?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

What an absolutely pathetic situation, huge team of immigration plonkers, aided by labour department, and protection agencies.

This country is going to the dogs, an older lady being hounded by a large group of men , when all it needed was 1 man, or maybe they were scared she was a martial arts expert.????

You know the Thai pack mentality when it comes to a confrontation of any kind.

A Country that is full of Xenophobic, Paranoid Morons. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Docno said:

There are many poor people surviving back in Laos who are not breaking the law. She did have the choice not to break the law. I don't know her story, so I can't judge too harshly … I'm only saying that there are often consequences for knowingly breaking the law. I have had a number of Thai friends who knowingly broke the law by working illegally in Singapore. They were poor by Singaporean standards (as many Lao are poor by Thai standards), but they also knew the risks they were taking and were prepared to face the consequences if caught. They did not indulge in self-pity nor would want the pity of others. I would have felt bad if they were caught, but I would not have blamed the authorities for enforcing laws that all knew were in place.   

So why were no Thai's arrested as well?  They know the consequences as well................

None, for them except for "Don"t get caught doing it again."

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

"They needed to be helped by staff from the labor department and protection agencies."

• Haha 1

Oh dear me, what a bunch of losers....... Looks like the "Pugsley" gang with the pillock on the far left......  Poor old dear just trying to make a living...........  Any news on the Red Bull heir or are the BIB too wrapped up in running Ma Baker to ground, must of shot her tyres out on her cart...........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BobBKK said:

are they proud?  yea looks like they are - pathetic

Pathetic is right!   They are trying to look all hard like they just took down a Hells Angels chapter, just the six of them alone...   They should be ashamed.  

For 300 baht a day, some low life POS calls immigration.  Heartless people!  I would be willing to bet 30,000 baht....that the low life that called immigration would not do the same job for 300 baht a day. 

Edited by JMSIII
add

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

She broke the law illegally working in Thailand. What is it you don,t understand? Small or big crimes Thai Immigration if you agree with the polices is doing their jobs. Are you more concerned it might be you next for doing something illegal?

I was looking for the dislike button for this one till i remembered those were removed by the idiot censors years ago, no doubt because of the litigious and face obsessed nature of certain cultures and childish inability to cope with criticism of any kind.

Pity how ugly Thainess is becoming and I wonder how much further it has to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tell you who the real foreign criminals are:  The ones who have managed to launder money into Thailand - the proceeds of their crimes back in their home/other countries, where they then set up legitimate businesses in Thailand to work/retire and live like Kings and line the pockets of others.  Many stick out like the 'proverbial' - the ones who boast about their success, covered in tattoos (include a few jail tattoos if they've been unlucky in the past!), wear expensive jewelry to show off and are generally lacking in an education that is on par with their wealth!  There are exceptions of course but this town is full of crooks IMO who don't have to scrape and live in poverty.    

Absolutely disgusting and shameful action of these immigration officers. And that they even let themselves be celebrated in the media speaks for their desire to be famous 

celebrities instead of doing their jobs ... Sick people. Nothing to be proud of...

Too bad, now the greedy Thai company needs to find Thai who work for the same bad salary, but lazy Thais tend to let others do the hard work while they drink Thai whisky and make babies ...

They might have to try it with Cambodians now...

Edited by P100